Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 23 2020, 05:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila63 View Post
I hired at the market for 8 farms for all jobs. I included use of my large tools and use of my fuel first. The farmer did the harvest and plow only. I caught up with her on the last farm and asked why she left the rest. She stated that she only did h/p yet she accepted my hire with all jobs listed. She was not a new farmer with 966 level. This isn't right. There should be some way that they have to complete the other jobs before the harvest plow and can't move to the next farm until all jobs are done. I had to rehire someone else for the trees, flowers and fish.
Hi Lila,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread about hiring to answer you. There is nothing that the developers can do for this. There isn't any way to make them do all the work. The only thing is if they do not complete the work on a farm they are hired for they will not get any bonus.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 24 2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Lila,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread about hiring to answer you. There is nothing that the developers can do for this. There isn't any way to make them do all the work. The only thing is if they do not complete the work on a farm they are hired for they will not get any bonus.
There might be a way and I have put this in the hiring suggestions folder many times. It's true that you can't make all workers finish their jobs but you might be able to get more workers to finish the job if they are required to finish the job before collecting any coins and crops. Once the work is complete they get coins, crops and the bonus. Just like with a real job. You don't get paid until you do the work.

Last edited by ccheney; Feb 24 2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old Feb 24 2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi marleneho

Once a hire request has been sent out the person has 30 seconds to accept or deny the request, once the time runs out a denied confirmation will be sent back to the sender, plus a person can only receive one request at a time.

Also when sending a hire request, the avatar name label background color for the player you are trying to hire will change to Orange. If the player rejects the request or if the request expires after 30 seconds, the color will change to Yellow, this will provide a hint to avoid sending several hire request to the same players.
Yes, this works MOST of the time. HOWEVER, MANY times I have waited, the person whom I tried to hire has turned yellow, and so I move on to someone else. 2nd person accepts and then, I get a notice that the first person (who had turned yellow) has accepted as well. Makes it look like I multi-hired when I actually did not according to the changing color system.
Old Feb 24 2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Green-jeans View Post
Yes, this works MOST of the time. HOWEVER, MANY times I have waited, the person whom I tried to hire has turned yellow, and so I move on to someone else. 2nd person accepts and then, I get a notice that the first person (who had turned yellow) has accepted as well. Makes it look like I multi-hired when I actually did not according to the changing color system.
Hi Gail Green-jeans

Sometimes this happens as data has not updated correctly.

But in case you get this problem more often, they you could report it to Support and see if they can figure out what is happening.
Old May 13 2020, 07:42 AM

Default Unethical Employers

Is there a way we can see the % of what we are being hired for? I'm getting a little tired of being hired to harvest/plow crops, fish, chop tree and harvest flowers to find out, there is a small crop (1 or 2 9x9 plots), a river end or corner for fishing. a few rows of trees and then thousands of flowers... If you are having a hard time getting someone to harvest your flowers, maybe you should buy the largest flower harvester rather than add a small plot to harvest and a river corner to fish....
Old May 13 2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotwiss View Post
Is there a way we can see the % of what we are being hired for? I'm getting a little tired of being hired to harvest/plow crops, fish, chop tree and harvest flowers to find out, there is a small crop (1 or 2 9x9 plots), a river end or corner for fishing. a few rows of trees and then thousands of flowers... If you are having a hard time getting someone to harvest your flowers, maybe you should buy the largest flower harvester rather than add a small plot to harvest and a river corner to fish....

Hi jotwiss

Please post your idea in our Suggestion section where we have all ideas grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You can't open a new thread in that section but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Old May 20 2020, 06:40 AM

Hi. I dont kow if this is the place to post it but I cant see anything closer in the other threads. My problem is two fold.
Firstly, when hired with other people my game doesnt show the crops / work that has already been done unless I reload the farm so I end up clicking for no reward which is rather annoying (its not a criticism of multi hiring, just that it would help if the game kept up with what is happening on the ground)

Secondly, I get so used to the game automatically picking up my bonus chest as I move farm to farm, and when I go back to the work wanted area that I often forget to collect it if I return to my own farm after a job. Especially annoying after a big job. Is there anyway to make the collection automatic for going home?

Many thanks for any help
Old May 20 2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathJohnson View Post
Hi. I dont kow if this is the place to post it but I cant see anything closer in the other threads. My problem is two fold.
Firstly, when hired with other people my game doesnt show the crops / work that has already been done unless I reload the farm so I end up clicking for no reward which is rather annoying (its not a criticism of multi hiring, just that it would help if the game kept up with what is happening on the ground)

Secondly, I get so used to the game automatically picking up my bonus chest as I move farm to farm, and when I go back to the work wanted area that I often forget to collect it if I return to my own farm after a job. Especially annoying after a big job. Is there anyway to make the collection automatic for going home?

Many thanks for any help
Hi KathJohnson

About your first problem, when there are other workers hired for the same farm, you only have to refresh the farm you are on and that way you will see the done jobs.
I dont like to work on a farm where there are more farmers doing jobs, so if I was hired for multiple and sometimes all farms, I go to the last one and from there I work back to the first ones.

For your second problem, I checked your data and you have been collected your bonus chest when working for others. In case you forget to get it before going to the next farm, a popup will show up asking you to collect it before leaving the farm.

Now if you want to make a suggestion, please post it in our Suggestion section where we have all ideas for the game grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You can't start a new thread in that section, but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Old May 20 2020, 10:03 AM

Hi MaryMarcel.
Thank you for your response and taking the time to look at my data. Yes I have been collecting my bonuses, I meant the specific case when I leave to return to my own farm, it doesn't seem to post up the 'Collect bonus...' pop up (as it normally does for moving between the work farms or returning to the job hire place) then and I only remember usually when I've pressed the button to go home lol. Its no biggie, I may pop it on the suggestions as you indicated :-)

Thank you again for getting back to me. Happy farming :-)
Old May 20 2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathJohnson View Post
Hi MaryMarcel.
Thank you for your response and taking the time to look at my data. Yes I have been collecting my bonuses, I meant the specific case when I leave to return to my own farm, it doesn't seem to post up the 'Collect bonus...' pop up (as it normally does for moving between the work farms or returning to the job hire place) then and I only remember usually when I've pressed the button to go home lol. Its no biggie, I may pop it on the suggestions as you indicated :-)

Thank you again for getting back to me. Happy farming :-)
Sorry I didnt understand you the first time Kath.

Yes, you are right. If you are hired only for one farm or you are at the last farm and you click to go back home instead of going back to market, then there is no pop up warning you to collect the bonus chest, in those cases you have to remember to collect the bonus.

If you need more information, you can visit our Game Guide for Hiring