Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 06:01 AM

OMG...this is so not fun. I almost stopped playing before because my avitar would wander all over the fields when i was hired. This is just as bad...just fix the xp/$ problems in the other format. I lost plenty, but, if you stuck around until your points caught up...no problem.
Now, folks are gonna hire 200 people to work on a 14x14 farm.....ugh....
please, programmers, please give us the option of taking our harvesters and plowers to other's farms....or change it back.....please....this takes sooooooo long....
sorry, i love farmtown...have made some great friends on here....please.............
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:09 AM
Account Not Linked

I used to love this game, too! But this new way of plowing and harvesting really gets on my nerves! It's to slow. I used to hire only one person on my farm, if he/she was fast. Now I don't have enough time to do that, because it takes to much time! Please change it back! I am a really big fan of farm town, but I get tired right away when I play it now...
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:19 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Popups

The only problem I have is all the popups you are putting in when I harvest a popup shows up. Can you please stop the popups they sometimes come up during the time you are plowing or harvesting So please try & get them off.
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferteetee View Post
Sorry if the above post is duplicated...I'd not seen this one...I'd just like to add...I saw mention of hired workers that harvest/plough willy nilly...stompers I call them...and this is one reason for this 'new' way? these stompers are in the minority, they're basically ignorant people and I hate them with a passion...it'd of been a lot better if you could bring out a tool so that we can boot them off our farms...they not only mess it up for others you may have hired but they mess it up for ourselves as we can't plant until they've gone!...Bring out a 'sod off my farm you ignorant, greedy, little get button'

I agree totally with the above! If this old way continues, I will be quitting FT, even though I just got my second farm. What a way to mess up a really great game. Progress??????????? The changes are pathetic!
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:34 AM

Default new changes

I'm not sure if it is just me or if it's my computer, but it is excrutiatingly frustrating to plow or harvest now. It takes me 10 - 15 minutes to harvest or plow a very small field. I am at the point where i will no longer be harvesting or plowing at other peoples' farms. It's a waste of my time and emotional energy to work elsewhere.

That said, happy holidays everyone
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:36 AM

Dearest Developers,

Thank you for hearing our cry and restoring us back to the old way. Your response time is wonderful and we really do appreciate all you do to make Farm Town a great game.
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:37 AM

i have problems now with harvesting and plowing
with harvesting i get the message wait i am busy and saving everytime and with plowing i can't go on i have to wait till the points and xp are gone
i hope that the old version gets back
quicky50
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Angry New Upgrade

Please change this game back to the way it was!! I'm level 60 and I'm sure most of us have had some problems, but have figured it out without the upgrade. As an experienced FarmTown player, this newest version just doesn't work.

Camillos Dude Ranch
San Francisco, CA
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:44 AM
Account Not Linked

Sorry, I would rather lose out on a few xp and enjoy what I'm doing. I'm glad you're considering changing it back. I was going to have to drop this game with the changes. I'm happy to know I may continue to play. Thanks!
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:45 AM

The new way stinks! Go back to the old way for plowing. Takes too long to get your avitar to where you need it and if you miss a spot you have to wait for it to get there. The I'm busy again has got to go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
****[UPDATE]**** Please see the new created thread for latest information

Hi There,

First, the Bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.

Second, we just released a new version of FarmTown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost XP/Coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost XP/Coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.

Before, when multiple people were hired on a farm, everybody starts clicking randomly on every field, and there are a lot of collisions, people harvesting/plowing on the same fields, as you don't see clearly where other people are working.

The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working.

This change will make that on some instances you work slower, on the other hand people get more dispersed while working on a farm, you can actually see them where they are working, and there will be much less collisions between them. This will also add another component to the game, now it's not just blindly clicking on the fields, you have to also consider the position of other players and your chances to avoid collisions and to get more work done. Now, when you click on a field that another player did before you, then you will see a message saying "already done", before, there was no feedback at all.

Of course, we know this release will cause a lot of complains as well, because in order to improve one area we had to change the behaivor on another area which some users will not like it, but compared to the issue of frequent losing more XP and coins, we just decided this was the way to go.

So far we have detected that there are 70% less issues with lost XP/coins that before, and it should improve with time even more.

As a separate note, the cursors on the game have been made larger and they don't get overlapped by other items on the game.

Thanks

--Raul
Closed Thread