Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2016, 08:08 PM

I believe we will see people seeking revenge on people who weren't able to get to their ships quickly by waiting the same amount of time on purpose. If the ships are not able to move forward somehow without being worked I can see this getting real messy. lol
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:19 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I had a number 1 in my seaport and had got a message from the ship owner. Opened my seaport and was told no ship. Cleaned memcache, closed farm, went to sea port no number. Opened it no ship. Than got message ship had moved on from the owner. Don't understand this.
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has made some updates to the release about the cargo ships:

Post-Release Updates - December 23, 7:30PM

- Fixed an issue when the red circle in the tool box icon was showing 99 when visiting friends.
- When opening a Ship for preparation (say, the green ship), if 24 hours have not passed yet since the last time you started the preparation for another ship, it will tell you exactly the remaining time you have to wait to be able to start the preparation of the green ship.
- We are currently working on improving the way the neighbour ports are selected to built the itinerary for the ship, so it includes neighbours more familiar to you, even when others have visited the game more recently.
- Notice that if you suspect a neighbour in the ship itinerary has not been active recently, you can go to the 'My Neighbours' tab, find that neighbour and confirm the last visit there.

Known Issues

- Sometimes you see a red circle with a number in the Tool Box icon, indicating that there are ships waiting in your port, however when you open the Seaport Manager there is no ship there.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:19 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Storm,
That was a suggested change. The ships do not move on after 6 hours.
lol, mine has been stuck at the 6th port for almost 12 hours now, have sent messages but no answer.. afraid the current method is a failure... so sad, was so excited now about to quit with the ships from my end.. will load any that arrive but won't bother sending anymore out unless there is a major re think on how the neighbors are chosen...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Maybe the ships should only dock at farms whose owner has actually chosen to buy the ships.
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:35 PM

note to myself. 30 most recently active neighbours doesn't mean the most recent just that your neighbour was in the last 30 most recent.
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Just found the Seaport Manager Tool so I just answered my own question. Would be nice to be notified on our regular screen without having to go look. I think having to go look to see if there's a ship at your port is going to greatly DECREASE neighbor participation which is going to be directly proportional to the amount of INCREASED frustration with the ships. Maybe that's already been done - I don't have any ships in my port yet (SOB!) so I don't know.
A red number shows up on the tool box when there is a ship in port and you can go inside to the ships manager which also has the red number on it

Lara's Farm
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Green-jeans View Post
Does anyone know if the 24 hour period until you can start loading the next ship is 24 hours from when you first started loading the last dispatched ship or 24 hours from when you dispatched that last ship?
you don't have to remember when you started and/or dispatched. If you will try to start prep on the next ship, it will give you an info box stating you have to wait 24 hrs, and now there is also right under that statement and hours or minutes indication of when you may start another.
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighwj1960 View Post
Maybe the ships should only dock at farms whose owner has actually chosen to buy the ships.
This could help. Raul's message about choosing people who are already working your farms also sounds like an improvement.

My first port person did respond to my message and send my ship on its way eventually but she's not doing ships. She was very nice about it but the whole thing just felt sort of icky. I wouldn't want her to be first on my list again tomorrow - would be sort of embarrassing. I WANT to do ships; they're my kind of thing and I love the general idea; but the neighbor process is definitely a deterrent. I don't like feeling like I'm bugging people - but I also don't like the frustration of seeing my ships stuck in ports.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:51 PM

Level:
XP:

I really hope Raul can figure some other way on the neighborhood business (perhaps those in neighborhood who own cargo ships). This has gotten very tacky -- and, I've heard some have gotten kind of nasty about this thing. The posts are going out that if you don't want to play, to tell the neighbors so they can move you to "friend," and a few of them have even gone so far as to tell people if they don't want to participate, the person will unfriend them as opposed to only switching them to friends. No one is thinking at this point -- this is like a full week or more of Christmas and New Years - people aren't going to sit by computer to move ships through. UGH!! I want to do the ships but I have some neighbors who aren't into any of the extras (quests, rrs, ships). I know they are going to be terribly hurt and upset if people start with this unfriending or moving them around. Just hope Raul can figure some way to do this so this unnecessary squabbling will end.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread