Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 21 2009, 07:09 PM

Smile

I just bought the solar plow and small seeder.Will you come out with some sort of barn we can house them in and not just left looking ugly in the field? i started to buy another barn for them but thought I'd better ask if we can actually put the equipment in them first. The farm is already out of room but I would still like to hide them when not in use
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:13 PM

You never did get points for harvesting. The owner is paid for the crop and the worker gets his 20% commission. No XP points involved in harvesting.
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiagyrl View Post
You would harvest yourself for the simple reason that if you hire from the market you take the risk that some brain dead hamster will harvest your trees even after you ask them multiple times to NOT harvest your trees. I am also going to start harvesting myself if none of my friends are online because i have had all my trees harvested twice now on purpose.

Some people don't want their trees harvested, its part of their farm decoration.

Since there is no option to fire people, or protect/hide your trees the harvester is a great option. I would rather make a few less coins harvesting myself than take the chance on some idiot getting their jollies off by harvesting my trees.
I would respect your wishes to protect your trees however for the life of me I can't understand why you wouldn't harvest them. There is a lot of free money in those trees and the produce new crops in a few days.

I have large groves of trees and enjoy 8000 to 10000 coins every 3 to 4 days. No investment (trees were gifts), only pure profit. I agree that they are pretty, but they are money in the bank.
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:25 PM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Aug 03 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:
Send a message via Yahoo to crimson_lei20

i like the stuffs added in farm town.. like the trucks.. makes the work easier and faster... i wish there was a water sprinkler added too... for the plants to be watered everyday...^_^

Visit crimson_lei's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:35 PM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Mar 26 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trking View Post
I have a brilliant question ... "WHY would you harvest yourself?" WHAT'S the purpose IF you can go to the marketplace and hire somebody else and make considerably MORE coins?

Anybody who harvests themselves is a brain dead hamster....
Brain Dead Hamster here:

In the past couple of days, I have had time to do the "raspberry dash." I've been planting raspberries every two hours to gain XPs. I don't always have neighbors or buddies around to harvest/plow at the time the berries are ready. I have 6 mil.+ so coins are not a problem. If I go to the MP to hire someone to H/P, it's a **** shoot as to what I'll get. It defeats the purpose of the "dash" if I have to spent a half hour with the MP and the farmer or farmers that I have convinced to harvest raspberries. They harvest a few (maybe) then split. They don't want to risk missing out on a job harvesting PINEAPPLES. So then I'm back in the MP ...

Normally neighbors like to harvest my farm and I like having them there to chat. I like hiring my buddies because I've met lots of great folks from all over the world and enjoy our chats as well.

I bought the big harvester and the big planter because ... they look good and it helps me with my "raspberry dash."

Just wish they got better gas mileage. :-)

Visit ChiefWings's Neverdone

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:36 PM

Just a note, I like the new harvesting tool because I usually do my own harvesting. However, it's kind of hard to see the yellow lines because the words (name of crop, ready to harvest) gets in the way...
It would be nice if when you click on the harvesting tool, those words didn't pop up.
Otherwise, I love the game and thanks for the new toys!
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:36 PM

Default all in all..

all in all i cant understand everyones problem

its your chioce to buy them or if you wish to still hire or not.

we dont complain about spending a million on a house that will never do anything, or windmills, outhouses, watermills etc, its all for looks right down to the flowers and letter boxes..

lots of people asked for tractors and trucks jsut for looks on there farms, now we have them

its upto us if we use them for looks, use the to work or just choose not to buy them at all.

same as we all choose what we plant..

at level 34 i have like 3 million so the money is not an issue..

look forward to more land, more levels or new ways of playing the game beyond 34

i will still be hiring from the market if i need to, mostly use neighours but there has been times that i have had trouble getting people to harvest and i want to do to bed.. at these times i will use my machines and get it done fast.

cant wait for my farm to be ready to try them out...

and as with all new things, its trial and error, i am sure the creators will fix any glitches or things they didnt consider, like all the fuel in out gift boxes etc..

have fun peoples had hey if its causing you stress and making you unhappy might be best to find a new game!!!
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:37 PM

Default Seeder does not work

I have linked my account and have fuel but when I click on the seeder, then buy seed when it comes up, I still only plant one crop at a time
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:54 PM

I am with you.........need more land upgrade!
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bamagirl

here is the link for the first post about the new tools, if anyone has any questions about them they can go here an read what the devs have posted about them. hope this helps.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238206 ( link about tools)

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239150 ( link about disappearing fuel)

(level 650+)
Started playing May 9, 2009
Closed Thread