Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
LOL - I don't mind the odd hire to harvest raspberries for that same reason
Raspberries are like any other crop. The mansion on my farm was purchased with raspberries. and raspberries only. Gave myself a goal of 1,000,000 in coins for raspberries before I sold them and bought mansion. i did and I did it.

If I get hired for raspberries I just harvest them like any other crop.

Got a lot of XP points also doing that.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 01 2010, 07:32 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
I thought I saw it all but today I saw a new one. 'I only harvest and plow alone' I hope she got hired with a lot of other people
That is what the ignore button is for.

She gets ignored enough and she can do all the harvesting and plowing at her farm alone if she likes.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jul 03 2010, 01:51 PM

Level:
XP:
Default Fire Employees

Is there a way to fire employees that are being rude or not working at all? If so, how? If not, there really needs to be.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jul 03 2010, 02:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl35 View Post
Is there a way to fire employees that are being rude or not working at all? If so, how? If not, there really needs to be.
There is no way to fire an employee and there doesn't need to be a way added either. A fire option would be abused and would cause way more problems then it would fix.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.

Last edited by JAS0643; Jul 03 2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old Jul 03 2010, 02:56 PM

Have to agree with Jas on this. I know I often wish there was a way to get rid of annoying workers, but it would be abused by those same sort of people who hire you when they have no work.

I have a simple solution of stopping bad workers from working. Start harvesting yourself and take as much of your own crop away from them as possible. They can only take one plot per click, you can take four. Now that the majority of the crops are used in facilities, it does not matter whether you get large crops harvested by someone else or small crops harvested by yourself, because they all count as one.

I've done this on a number of occasions and in many of those instances the person has left of their own choice.
Old Jul 04 2010, 07:36 AM

Level:
XP:
Default I agree

I wish I could fire some workers but understand why we can't. What about some way to block them from working for you again. I can't remember all the names but if there was a 'block from working for me' option that would work.It seems like there are more and more that are just obnoxous lately. One came and clicked randomly for a minute and left,someone else just sat there for 5 minutes doing nothing,when I started to harvest they complained allot. Then got mad when I didn't hire her to plow. This is becoming a daily problem..I'm getting to the point of not wanting to hire anyone. That is just not right. That is the game..Something really needs to be done to help with this problem.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jul 04 2010, 07:58 AM

There is a block to stop you from hiring them again. If you click their avatar and choose the "ignore" option, they will disappear from your screen forever.
Old Jul 04 2010, 04:03 PM

Default Some ideas

There are all kinds annoying employees. Some show up and just try to mess up the field by randomly clicking the crops. Some show up and don't work.
Other pick a little and just sit there till all the harvest work is done, then want to plow. You have no control over who you get to pick. I watch to see who is actually working and who is justing hanging out. I have started to reward the fast pickers who want to plow by hiring them, and ignoring the ones who don't work at harvest. If I need more plowers, I go hire more.
Old Jul 05 2010, 12:58 PM
Account Not Linked

I was just in the mp and saw someone complaining about people hiring her to work with others after she said she works alone. So you know what I did, I hired her and one other person to plow my farm. I do this all the time when I see people say solo work. I will not hire people who only work alone to work alone, sometimes I do only hire one person but it is not the people that ask to work alone. To me that is rude and greedy and I can't stand people like that.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jul 05 2010, 03:39 PM
Account Not Linked

I don't mind if I'm hired with someone else especially if it is a large farm. What I don't like is when I'm doing most of the harvesting and they'll do just a little bit then wait to be hired to plow. Most of the time I get hired to plow and they just sit there lol. Lupi has a good idea start harvesting with them give them less. I saw an avatar in the MP one night, underneath for the name it said "I only work alone"