Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 16 2014, 11:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
still finding that the mayor is a liar, he is not working all the farms even when he says he is...also I still get that "Oops," message when doing referrals...he then proceeds to move to the next farm but if say there are 3 farms to do...he is only doing 2....making it necessary to go to all farms, uncover buildings and manually click on one on each farm to check, and this can be a bit difficult as some people have their facs hidden inside larger buildings...maybe the mayor needs to retire..some new blood is needed..he is getting a bit past it... hehehe
I also prefer the way the farms changed color as he worked..at least that way we have some idea of which ones he has worked...now we have no idea at all.....whoever changed this needs to fix it asap....
They are working on a fix. Just have to be patient.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 17 2014, 02:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
Last night I tried working facilities for 4 neighbors. Each time I got to the first farm for each one, I was only prompted to water, rake or whatever. After doing this I then tried both refreshing their farm and going back to their original hire request post. I would return to their farm but never got the work facility pop up.

On another note, now when I go to the Market to Hire someone I cry out:
"Who wants to shake a tree farm? I have fuel and the tools for YOU to use"

Thank you Developers for this!
xoxoxo
I get that a lot Rugged Barbie, usually when I've hired more than one farmer to harvest my farms and go off to raid factories while they're working. Guessing the server can't cope with too much input at once as it also happens the few times I've tried to work 2 neighbours facilities at the same time. Even after clearing memcache and browser cache and logging out and back into FB it sometimes takes 5 or 6 reloads of the 'i would like to hire you' post before the 'sure take me there' dialogue box appears. If it's not letting you do factories, try doing the services (presuming your neighbour posts both) then going back to factories - that sometimes kickstarts the mayor back into action. Hope that helps.
Old Mar 17 2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Please let us know whether or not you had the box checked. It may be a new issue the moderators need to investigate since not many people have tried using the feature yet and not many have asked.
Hi, I hired someone a little while ago and she didn't see any tools displayed for her to use.
I went back to the market and made sure that both tools & fuel were checked off for her to use. They were ... I just figured it was another one of the glitches that are being worked on.

But am mentioning it now, because you asked us to.
Farm Link:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...m_id=791579540

Old Mar 17 2014, 03:45 AM

is the let hired workers use your fill not working yet?
Old Mar 17 2014, 04:14 AM
Account Not Linked

Default oops message

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo terry View Post
today i tried to work posts from somebody i worked yesterday morning - got the oops message for all farms on both posts - always thought we had to wait at least 8 hours - this was almost 24 since i worked - also finding i get the oops message on at least 1 farm (except for the one person who only had 2 farms available)
just an update - took a break from working facs & clients from 3pm yesterday until 4am today - worked 6 people - got the oops message 3 of 12 times - rest appeared to go as advertised - beginning to think this may be something that will happen now and then - at least the mayor appeared to work them all
Old Mar 17 2014, 06:40 AM

My search 'eye' is not working now. It was fine just a few days ago. Also, the mayor is not moving me to all the farms either. WF38 and I use Chrome. Thanks.
Old Mar 17 2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Please let us know whether or not you had the box checked. It may be a new issue the moderators need to investigate since not many people have tried using the feature yet and not many have asked.
Both boxes were ticked.
Old Mar 17 2014, 07:55 AM
Account Not Linked

im on wf-3, using google, have cleared cache , memcache , and cleared all other temp files, and go to work a neighbors facilities, i get to farmtown white screen, he saya loaded 100% but just sits there, doesnt load the neighbors farm, i tried to go to my farm same thing just sets there after is says loaded 100% on the white screen I am able to collect gifts , send gifts, and then it goes to the white screen says it loaded user 100% but wont load my farm or my neighbors farm from the neighbors tab either

Last edited by abarrow; Mar 17 2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old Mar 17 2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarrow View Post
im on wf-3, using google, have cleared cache , memcache , and cleared all other temp files, and go to work a neighbors facilities, i get to farmtown white screen, he saya loaded 100% but just sits there, doesnt load the neighbors farm, i tried to go to my farm same thing just sets there after is says loaded 100% on the white screen
When that happens to me I switch to another browser. No browser is perfect, which is why I recommend having at least 2 in addition to the one that has been installed with your operating system - and yeah. That goes for Linux users too!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Mar 17 2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyMare View Post
I get that a lot Rugged Barbie, usually when I've hired more than one farmer to harvest my farms and go off to raid factories while they're working. Guessing the server can't cope with too much input at once as it also happens the few times I've tried to work 2 neighbours facilities at the same time. Even after clearing memcache and browser cache and logging out and back into FB it sometimes takes 5 or 6 reloads of the 'i would like to hire you' post before the 'sure take me there' dialogue box appears. If it's not letting you do factories, try doing the services (presuming your neighbour posts both) then going back to factories - that sometimes kickstarts the mayor back into action. Hope that helps.
Also be sure it is an invitation to work the factories. In the first week or two it is easy to mistake "I just bought a frozen treats factory" for "please help me with my facilities" just because you've seen the picture. Even after 5 years of Farm Town some of us are still in the habit of doing things in automatic mode!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Closed Thread