Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 30 2009, 04:07 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouser41 View Post
Thank-you Raul for this newest upgrade. I can hardly wait to get it. Can not believe all the people on here b*tching that they wanted an upgrade and not a new farm. Why don't you all go out and develop your own game and leave FarmTown to those of us who want to have fun! If someone gave you a sack of gold coins, you would probably complain that the coins were too heavy to carry around.
LOL this is so true
Old Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa mac View Post
This is a joke. I am too tired of waiting to get a bigger farm, and everything else that weve been waiting for. I bid my farmtown friend goodbye and hope you all the best of luck with getting these dumbass devs to do what you actually would like. Farewell.
Bye-bye. Go somewhere else and have fun playing some other totally free game that is being constantly expanded and improved at no cost to you.

Gee. Some people act like this game is their personal property and the developers have some kind of obligation to meet every one of their personal preferences and satisfy each of their whims.
Old Nov 30 2009, 04:14 PM
Account Not Linked

I bought the 2nd farm and an upgrade went smoothly but then went to upgrade again and ate my coins ~ so tried it again and ate that one too so I bought 3 of the same 14 x 14 upgrade ~ then logged out and came back in and bought the next bigger one and that one worked but I paid triple for the 14 X 14. LOL

But eh now it's time to farm farm farm to recoupe my big investment
Old Nov 30 2009, 04:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpate View Post
Bye-bye. Go somewhere else and have fun playing some other totally free game that is being constantly expanded and improved at no cost to you.

Gee. Some people act like this game is their personal property and the developers have some kind of obligation to meet every one of their personal preferences and satisfy each of their whims.
You mean its not and they're not???

What kills me is when people say the devs aren't listening to what EVERYONE wants, and NOBODY is happy with this.

There are loads of us who didn't want a larger farm and are thrilled with this.

There are many people who missed the days of the 12x12 and working their way up to the top.

There are many people who are sorry they bought the 24x24 and wish they had stuck with a 20x20 or a 22x22.

So there are SCORES of people who are thrilled to pieces with this!

Old Nov 30 2009, 04:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Winters View Post
You obviously haven't read most of the posts that refer to the land expansion. The servers, flash, and computers could not handle the overload. Plus the screen resolutions could not give you an accurate visual of your entire farm. And even in full screen your items and graphic elements would be very small. Storage, coins, points, and elements are shared by both farms. You put items you want to move to new farm into storage remove at new farm. Animals cannot at this time be moved.

And the devs thinking about us was a kind thing, they didn't have to do any of the research to add a new farm for our enjoyment rather than overload servers and our computers, but they did.
You are correct Ms. Winters, I did not read all the posts. I was addressing the OP and not every post that has been made. Thank you for advising me of the inherent problems though. In any case I can't see paying that amount in coin for "shared" storage, coins and points. I come out much farther ahead by creating an additional account and starting a completely separate second farm with the first one as a neighbor. It gives me more coin, storage and points with the additional perk that I can gift myself if I choose to. This would seem to be a much more practical use of bandwidth. Thanks again to the developers for trying.
Old Nov 30 2009, 05:00 PM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Aug 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 11
XP:
Default Thank you for the information

I really appreciate the information -- I was not aware of this since I am kinda new at the game.

Gail

Visit Busters Hangout

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 30 2009, 05:07 PM
Account Not Linked

Send a message via Yahoo to Betty Wyatt Price
Angry The 2nd Farm

Thanks a lot for making it out of reach for most players!!! I can't afford to buy $120 and I also don't have anywhere near $3,000,000.00! Rip off is all I can say!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 30 2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Wyatt Price View Post
Thanks a lot for making it out of reach for most players!!! I can't afford to buy $120 and I also don't have anywhere near $3,000,000.00! Rip off is all I can say!!!!!!!!
This price is NOT out of reach for hundreds, probably thousands of players who have worked for every coin and WANT a new challenge. If the developers GAVE it to us, we'd just want more. As it is, they gave us the free GIFT of this game to play, meet friends from all over the world, and create a virtual paradise to enjoy. The more you work for something, the more you appreciate it. God bless you FarmTown creators. I can't believe you have developed this game with all that code. What talent and ingenuity! Yes, Thanksgiving should be every day we enjoy this game, escaping for a little while from the people in real life who have the "gimme" attitude. And hey! I'm a granny of eight, and my own get these lectures, too. Deep breaths, everyone! Onward toward Christmas!

Go see my 2, 3, and 4 also!
Old Nov 30 2009, 05:26 PM
Account Not Linked

I just purchased my second farm and upgraded to 24+24, planted the whole thing and had no problems, thanks again dev's. Makes it so much more fun.
Old Nov 30 2009, 05:30 PM

I have been playing this game for a while, and I have 11 million coins. I work at alot of farms and love doing it. I will be buying my second farm soon and will love redoing it and the first one also. I think that everyone needs to remember....THIS IS A FREE GAME PEOPLE....FREE. I can't get over all the complaints. Just have fun and don't be in a hurry to have it all really fast. I have had so much fun meeting people from all over the world and I will be playing this game for a long time to come. Thank you to the Mods and Devs for all you have done for us.
Closed Thread