Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 06:18 AM

Red face New Version

I want the new version to stay! It's faster,it lets you know what is and isn't done it's just awesome. However,I'm not going anywehre if you change back to the old way. I'm a Farmtown junkie
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:19 AM
Account Not Linked

I liked the old way best, the one time I lost coins they were added back on. This upgrade is better than the original but definately a step back instead of forward. People need to use their own judgement about hiring and if I go to a farm that is overhired I just leave. The other way allowed people to work at their own pace, now I have to wait on my avatar and with the her bouncing around or saying "wait I'm busy", wreaks havoc with my eyes and is much more frustrating and confusing instead of fun and relaxing. I do hope you reconsider and go back to the other way. Thanks
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:36 AM

Thank you for reverting back to the previous version. Things are so bad as they are that I am not going to do any work for anybody until it's fixed.

With that said, perhaps you can fix the real problem... that is the constant server timeouts. I'm sure you know that this issue is the real cause of lost XP and coin. You harvest and plow only to find out that you've been timed out and all your work is lost. Bad for the worker and bad for the farmer.

As for the idea of limiting how many people can be hired... I have mixed feelings on this. Yes, some people hire way too many people to harvest and/or plow. When I'm hired that way, I simply leave the job. I will usually tell the farmer that he/she doesn't need that many people for the scope of work. On the other hand, I am a level 60 with two farms. One is 1020 squares workable plots. I find that hiring 3 or 4 people is just about right for this size farm. I really think it would be way too slow if I was limited to just one hire. Perhaps you could base the number of hires on how many squares were available to be worked?

And, what's with the huge icons when seeding? They are so large they are frightening. Who thought that was a good idea, and why?

Good luck with the fixes.
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl31995 View Post
I liked the old way best, the one time I lost coins they were added back on. This upgrade is better than the original but definately a step back instead of forward. People need to use their own judgement about hiring and if I go to a farm that is overhired I just leave. The other way allowed people to work at their own pace, now I have to wait on my avatar and with the her bouncing around or saying "wait I'm busy", wreaks havoc with my eyes and is much more frustrating and confusing instead of fun and relaxing. I do hope you reconsider and go back to the other way. Thanks
I too would agree that the old way was better. Having said that though, I'll also state that I have never had a problem with losing coins or XPs. I attribute that to the fact that in the 6 (or so) months I've been playing the game, I have NEVER hired more than one worker at a time. Maybe if/when you revert, you could "warn" people that multiple hires "may cause problems with coins and/or XPs", and let people decide for themselves whether or not they're feeling lucky that day. :-)
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:39 AM

I'm sad to learn that Farm Town is reverting back to the old way for harvesting. The change was one of the best I thought you had made. When I would harvest with the old way before it was so much slower to work and I was CONSTANTLY getting this error box in the middle of the screen and would often have to quit my jobs before I was finished. I would add almost every farmer I worked for as a "buddy" so I could go back and finish the job if I got booted because I hate not finishing my work. Not everyone has a real fast computer and the new way leveled the playing field as it were.

Today you revert back?? Too bad is all I can say! It's too bad that all the people (me included) that loved the new way didn't send the compliments because I'm thinking they would have outnumbered the people who wanted it changed back.
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:40 AM
Account Not Linked

I liked the old way best. As someone who hires people it will be problematic when I get those people that never actually finish harvesting but stay on my farm. If I can only have one hired person on my farm at a time that means I can't hire another person to finish what that person won't. I could totally see people pouting about not getting to plow after harvesting just sitting there as a hired harvester never finishing and not letting more hire someone else. I can see this causing more problems than it solves.

If people are upset about how many people are harvesting on a farm they can leave and seek out another job.

As a harvester I enjoy harvesting with other people. I don't much like going on to large farms and having ot harvest all the crops on my own. The only reason I take jobs at all is to kill a little time but I typically don't have enough time to kill to sit and harvest that entire farm on my own. If you change the rules I will likely not help other farmers ever anymore.

I've never had any lost coin or experience points.
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:43 AM
Account Not Linked

that harvesting and plowing technique is bull if you as me, it took me more time to level up one time then it would the old way and yes i have lost xp and coint points but thats not the issue i like being able to not only harvest ahead but plow as well. please keep the old version and scrap the new on and if people want the harvest/plow technique that is where they turn it on in there preferences. Thank you
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:48 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I AGREE TOTALLY THAT THIS IS MUCH BETTER!!!!! It is a sure thing that people will ALWAYS object to change...just because it is different, but the new version is the best since I started playing. It is much more stable in more ways than one......PLEASE dont change it back.

Leslie

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:48 AM
Account Not Linked

Unhappy Please change the game back

Hi,

I have been playing farmtown for about 6 months. Love the game.
However, I have just been working farms and harvesting and plowing are way to slow.
If the game remains as it is today, I will no longer be able to play. I do not have the time to wait for people to do my two farms (which are large) in this capacity.
I usually only hire one person at a time to work my farms and at this pace I would be there for an hour or so.
I really hope you will look at this, as I feel you might lose a lot of supporters.

I have reached level 60 - I was wondering if you are going to expand the game again.

I really hope you will look at my concern, as I do not want to stop playing.

Thanks,
Have a great day.
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:50 AM
Account Not Linked

I have lost points and coins in the past but I thought that was fixed weeks ago. The change yesterday was terrible. It was very slow. It maybe because I use a laptop without a real mouse.

Hiring one person per farm wouldn't work for large farms and people do not want to harvest if they can't plow. If you need to limit try 4 or 6. Yes there are people out there that hire 6 to harvest and 6 more to plow.......yes that's crazy but they do it.

I always go in a straight line (well as much as the mouse will let me) but when the servers are slow it can take 5-10 seconds per square. It's faster to do it myself then to hire... people won't like not getting hired...

One more time the law of unintended consequences applies.

Thanks for trying.....I planted so I don't have to do anything else until Saturday.....
Hope it is fixed by then.
Closed Thread