Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 13 2018, 03:49 PM

Hi, I'm having a problem with my purple fishing boat.
It seems that people I hire can't find it in my tools.
It appears on my farm, and works for me though!
Is this a new problem, or one that is known?
Am I posting in the right place? (heeh)
I have a hard time negotiating these forums,

tia,

~Raenie
Windows X, 64-bit
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9540&farm_ix=Y

Old Sep 13 2018, 03:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenie View Post
Hi, I'm having a problem with my purple fishing boat.
It seems that people I hire can't find it in my tools.
It appears on my farm, and works for me though!
Is this a new problem, or one that is known?
Am I posting in the right place? (heeh)
I have a hard time negotiating these forums,

tia,

~Raenie
Hi Raenie,
We moved your post to the Help & Support section subject thread about Fishing. I have looked at your data and your fishing boats are in your storage, so they should be able to see them. Do they see the other one (green)?

Try taking the purple boat out of your storage and place it on a farm, then click on the Save, then restart you farms and place it back into storage.

If that doesn't help then try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 13 2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Raenie,
We moved your post to the Help & Support section subject thread about Fishing. I have looked at your data and your fishing boats are in your storage, so they should be able to see them. Do they see the other one (green)?

Try taking the purple boat out of your storage and place it on a farm, then click on the Save, then restart you farms and place it back into storage.

If that doesn't help then try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
I took the purple boat out of the "Shortcuts" area and replaced it with the green boat.

Then I did the memcache renewal.

Then I reopened game.

The purple boat still does *not* show in my storage area for tools.

But I can select it (and use it) from the "fold out menu"!

The other user, can't see it on their "fold out menu".

They see the other green boat but that doesn't let them harvest the sea all at once!

tia, Raenie
Windows X, 64-bit

Old Sep 13 2018, 09:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I took the purple boat out of the "Shortcuts" area and replaced it with the green boat.

Then I did the memcache renewal.

Then I reopened game.

The purple boat still does *not* show in my storage area for tools.

But I can select it (and use it) from the "fold out menu"!

The other user, can't see it on their "fold out menu".

tia, Raenie
Hi Raenie,
Taking the boat out of the shortcuts area doesn't do anything for your employees. The shortcuts are only a way for you to use your tools quickly, not your employee. Your employee will not see the same shortcuts.

EDIT: I see the problem now. You have your Turbo fishing boat sitting on a farm. That boat needs to be in your storage for them to see it in the Toolbox and use.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Sep 13 2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old Sep 13 2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Raenie,
Taking the boat out of the shortcuts area doesn't do anything for your employees. The shortcuts are only a way for you to use your tools quickly, not your employee. Your employee will not see the same shortcuts.

EDIT: I see the problem now. You have your Turbo fishing boat sitting on a farm. That boat needs to be in your storage for them to see it in the Toolbox and use.
Yikes! Do you know which farm it's on? I thought I had tried to put it on farm #37, but I don't see it there!
Windows X, 64-bit

Old Sep 13 2018, 10:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yikes! Do you know which farm it's on? I thought I had tried to put it on farm #37, but I don't see it there!
Hi Raenie,
No I am sorry but we don't have that data that tells us which farm. Only thing I can suggest is go to your preferences, uncheck all the "Show" items except for tools. Then go from farm to farm and see if you can find it.
Old Sep 14 2018, 12:35 AM

Thank you so much for finding out what the problem is!!!

Now off to go and find that tool ... (lol)

I found it! On a farm that I use for storage. Was cleaning up items not needed and placed them on this farm. Accidentally parked my fishing boat there, thinking it was a "decoration"! (groan
Windows X, 64-bit

Last edited by Raenie; Sep 14 2018 at 01:01 AM.
Old Sep 30 2018, 05:09 AM

When I look in "my storage" for Freshwater bait I can find it by clicking on search and typing in Freshwater Bait Or even just bait. It shows I have 3605 in storage, but when I click on the ? it says I have 1965594. Why the difference?
Then when I do the same thing to find Seawater bait it doesn't show up at all. I can't find seawater bait anywhere in my storage even though I have close to 4 million. I have looked under "ALL" and under "from facilities" It want show up at all.
Can you tell me how to find seawater bait in my storage Please. Thanks so much

Connecting to town mainframe (Chat Server: F3,
Farm Server: w200) .
on Windows 10
Primary Browser: Google Chrome
Old Sep 30 2018, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsickinger View Post
When I look in "my storage" for Freshwater bait I can find it by clicking on search and typing in Freshwater Bait Or even just bait. It shows I have 3605 in storage, but when I click on the ? it says I have 1965594. Why the difference?
Then when I do the same thing to find Seawater bait it doesn't show up at all. I can't find seawater bait anywhere in my storage even though I have close to 4 million. I have looked under "ALL" and under "from facilities" It want show up at all.
Can you tell me how to find seawater bait in my storage Please. Thanks so much
Hi sdsickinger,
Your bait goes to the waters and you can see how much of each you have by hovering your mouse over a fresh water and a sea coast. The fresh water bait you have in storage is what you have collected from clicking on bonuses and can only be sold or used in the Fishing tackle shop.
Old Oct 02 2018, 09:46 PM

I have 4 fish farms and collect from them daily. Up until recently, both the fresh and salt water baits stayed fairly equal. Now, the salt water bait has 20.4+ mil in it, but the fresh water bait keeps going down to almost nothing! It only has 63,024! Is the game sending most of my fresh water bait into the saltwater list? This is verrry strange!

Tags
bait, fish, fishing, fishing rod, ponds, sea coast, turbo boat, waters