Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Fishing and Bait

Fishing

This thread is for help with problems with Fishing.Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you.
Before posting a general question please check the Game Guide :
Chapter 19 - Fishing
Fishing Boats

Common problems....

Stubborn fish when using the single fishing pole.
The less fish in the water, the harder it gets. Click on the yellow diamond in the farm selector to reload the farm you are on. It will reload the farm and spread the fish back out again making them easier to catch. If you are hired to fish you will not lose the hire by doing this.

Overlapped waters being hard to fish.
How a farmer designs their farms and the waters on them is entirely up to them. You will find fishing overlapped waters much easier if you own the Turbo boat. Fishing waters off the edges of the farms can only be done with the Turbo boats.

Storing bait.
When you store bait from your gift box, use "Store Ingredients" to store them to waters.

Gifted bait, bait from your fish farming plant and any bonuses you get from posting your own bait bonus gets stored with waters.
The exception to this rule is any bait you send to a friend when you click on their bonus post, your share goes to storage, which you can use to stock the Fishing Tackle shop if you own one or just sell at market.

Losing bait.
If you own the Fishing Tackle shop, you could be loading a lot of it into there for sale. Either do not load the bait into there, or if you have the load tool for that facility, go to the facility, open it and remove the checks from the boxes for freshwater and seawater bait.

All of topic posts will be deleted without warning. This thread is for help and support only. All feedback/suggestions need to be made in the feedback and suggestions area

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Mar 31 2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old Mar 04 2018, 03:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Default bait from fishing farm

my bait from fishing farm just stay in storage..how do I get them to the water
Old Mar 04 2018, 04:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmaddiction// View Post
my bait from fishing farm just stay in storage..how do I get them to the water
Hi farmaddiction,
I moved your post to the subject thread about fishing and bait.
The bait from your fishing farm goes directly to the waters and you can see that when you hover over a water piece. The only bait that goes to your storage is the bait you get from the belt bonuses you collect from others belt posts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 21 2018, 08:22 AM

I don't have a specific problem but any player I asked could not give me an answer.

When you harvest your ponds yourself is your bait used?
When you are hired to harvest other players fish ponds is your bait or is the other players bait used ?
Is one fish factory enough when you have huge fish farms? I see some with the whole farm covered with ponds or sea coasts and they do not even have a fish factory.

No one seems to have any idea about the bait.
Old Mar 21 2018, 09:16 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingmanFarm View Post
I don't have a specific problem but any player I asked could not give me an answer.

When you harvest your ponds yourself is your bait used?
When you are hired to harvest other players fish ponds is your bait or is the other players bait used ?
Is one fish factory enough when you have huge fish farms? I see some with the whole farm covered with ponds or sea coasts and they do not even have a fish factory.

No one seems to have any idea about the bait.
Hi WingmanFarm,

When you fish your own farms or hire someone to fish your farms your bait is used.
When you are hired to fish someone else's farms their bait is used.

If you mean fish farming plant, no one would not be enough. Those that have farms like that will be doing it for the amount of coins they can earn by selling the excess fish. They are a good coin earner for both owner and those who are hired to work them. If you would like to ask others opinions on theses types of farms, please do so in the social section of the forum, where discussions are welcome.
Old Mar 21 2018, 07:18 PM

Thank you for giving me needed answers.

Could I impose on you for answers to 2 more questions.

What happens if the farmer runs out of bait. Say I am fishing on another farm and they run out... can I continue and still get my bonus.

In reverse roles ...what if I run out of bait while doing my own or have someone do my fishing. Do I still get the fish credit in the lakes and sea coasts.
Old Mar 21 2018, 07:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingmanFarm View Post
Thank you for giving me needed answers.

Could I impose on you for answers to 2 more questions.

What happens if the farmer runs out of bait. Say I am fishing on another farm and they run out... can I continue and still get my bonus.

In reverse roles ...what if I run out of bait while doing my own or have someone do my fishing. Do I still get the fish credit in the lakes and sea coasts.
Hi Wingman,
The only thing the bait does is give you 2 fish for each one. When the bait runs out then you only get 1 instead of 2 fish. You will still get your bonus but it will not be as much.
That works the same for your own farms. Bait gives you twice as much fish and when you run out then you get only 1 per fish.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 19 2018, 04:30 PM

I am always out of Salmon, how can I increase my Salmon?
Old Apr 19 2018, 04:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Gray View Post
I am always out of Salmon, how can I increase my Salmon?
Hi Granny Gray,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section subject about fishing.
You can increase the amount of salmon you get by adding more of the Big Lake with Boat or the Small Lake.
Also if you are not doing so now you can use the Cargo Ships and Trains as they both have fish containers or cars that have salmon.

You can find out about the trains in the Game Guide chapter on trains:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492298

You can find out about the cargo ships in the Game Guide chapter on ships:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622
Old Apr 28 2018, 08:34 PM

I was pottering around the farm today when I noticed that I have over 106k seawater bait...and only 865 freshwater bait. I just don't see how this is possible.

I own the fish farming plant and reload it every two or three days. I just looked and both fresh and seawater baits are checked. I have the fishing tackle shop but as it was eating all my bait I unchecked both fresh and seawater baits there a while ago. I just looked and both are still unchecked.

I have a few rivers and a few sea coasts on the farm. I certainly don't have a hundred or so times as many rivers as coasts, as I'd need to use up the freshwater bait so out of proportion to the seawater.

I reloaded the game and cleared the memcache but still it's showing only 865 freshwater bait. What has happened here? I'm honestly perplexed. Lately I've been converting my gifts to animals so it's not that I've been filling storage with seawater bait gifts.

Tags
bait, fish, fishing, fishing rod, ponds, sea coast, turbo boat, waters