Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 17 2010, 01:09 PM

Default I Laugh Sometimes

when a farmer hires so many people to harvest and plow. They look like ants running all over the fields trying to find the corps. :-)

I've been lucky so far, though, that I've encountered good workers and good farmers to work for.
Old May 17 2010, 01:33 PM

I love to work...I harvest plow or do trees. The only time i turn down work is when i'm there to sell and i try to hide behind the tent to do that!! I know what you mean though, I hate going to the market to hire. I try to hire from my neighbors, and I also have a short list of buddies i can go to. But the are those days when i have to go to market to hire and it usually works out bad.
Old May 17 2010, 01:55 PM

cuz of people like that it would be great , I mean Grrreat to have FIRE button
I love to harvest, no mater which crops, trees too, I get iritated by peeps who only want pineapples and such , usualy i dont do plowing as I dont need exp but i do it for my friends if my arm is not too tired ,lol
Old May 17 2010, 02:02 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamine View Post
I've had it with the market. I've been here a long time, almost since the game began. I fought with others to get work durring the bad times. Times when 2 trees or a couple of strawberry plants was gratefully recieved.

Now I love the extra farms, and I love the new facilities. What I do not love anymore is the workers in the market place. This one won't do strawberries, this one only looks at pineapples, this one will only plow and can only work alone. I ask for a worker, and it seems most farmers are too rich and high level to answer back. The market place has turned into the gathering place, people just stand arround and refuse any offers of work.

And when they do take the work on offer, they come to your farm, harvest one small plot, leave the trees, and then they go off. Yes they say thank you, but they don't do the work, I'm left with half the crops to do and tons of trees to harvest. Not to speak of my other 2 farms which I didn't get the chance to show them.

I'VE FINISHED HIRING FROM THE MARKET.. It's much too stressfull, from now on I'll harvest all the crops and trees on my farm and do the plowing myself.

I am of course available for work, which seems to come easily because I don't need pumpkins, can harvest or plow, will work alone or with others, as long as the farmer hasn't hired 8 to harvest and another 8 to plow.
here here i fully agree. it's worse than waiting in the dentist's i have given up hiring unless i have high value goods people do not want to know, and yes the time when one small plot was enough and when we got pineapples we nearly jumped up and down with glee.
Old May 17 2010, 02:04 PM
Account Not Linked

I think there are two types of problems:

1. The accidental hiring problems
Suppose I go there and try to hire one or two people for a nice job. Honestly, I don't converse too much because most of the time I get ignored. So I send two requests... nothing. Two more, nothing. Two more, they accept. Meanwhile, persons 1-4 that I requested might have been busy selling crops, busy getting their child a snack or helping them in the bathroom, hiding their screen from their boss for a few minutes... who knows. Then they come back and accept the hire, and all of a sudden there are 6 people harvesting. I never intended to hire so many, I like to give good jobs to people when I can. I have been on the hiring side of this accidental issue, and I imagine there have been times I have been on the hired side of it as well. I am frequently off and on the computer with two homeschoolers here at home.

2. The purposeful hiring problems.
As described by the original poster, some people are just jerks about being hired. Sorry, I am usually jerky back. If I see:
"HIRRRRREEEE MMMEEE PLXXZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ pineaples !!!"
I hire them... to find my one hidden peach tree.

If I see "Will do a solo job ONLY. Need work. Harvest AND plow ONLY!!!" Then I hire them... and 6 others.

If I can't finish a job for some reason, I let the person know.
Old May 17 2010, 02:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Farmer McDonald
Default Hiring in Marketplace

The real problem is that there are so many people who are there selling their crops and not there to get work. It takes a long time to sell now that we have to page thru so many items to get to the ones to sell. When I am done selling my harvests and products, I usually find a hire request and who knows how long it has been there.
What I have found to work best is to make sure to say that you want someone to harvest and then plow, or someone to just harvest or just plow. I usually find people that way with no trouble. Yes, I do have the few who do not stay. I just had one come and leave right away. However, I find they are few and the nice are much higher in numbers. Try making sure you are trying to hire those who want to work and not all of the ones who are there just to sell.
Old May 17 2010, 02:57 PM
Account Not Linked

I agree it takes forever to sell products and I am constantly being asked to be hired. I try to hide up in the top corner. I think a place separate from the hiring area is needed for selling products.

I also think that it shouldn't matter if one harvests pineapples or peanuts, the hired harvester should get the same amount. This would eliminate the fighting to harvest pineapples in the marketplace. This way they are paid for the work they do, not the type crop.
Old May 17 2010, 03:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Barely anyone uses The Inn. They should make it the Temp Agency.
Old May 17 2010, 05:35 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

If you go off line before you go to the market no one can see you and then you can sell your products in peace. Just click the green plug and make it red, go to market, sell stuff and then click it back to green if you want to hire or be hired.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 17 2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanlee View Post
If you go off line before you go to the market no one can see you and then you can sell your products in peace. Just click the green plug and make it red, go to market, sell stuff and then click it back to green if you want to hire or be hired.
I do that all the time on my FB farm. I can't be in the MP two seconds without getting a hire request (not complaining--just bad timing. lol). So, I go offline, go to the MP, sell what I want to sell, then go online if I'm looking for workers or looking for a job.

I know some people don't trust going off line as they are afraid things won't add up but so far, for months now, I have not had a problem with it.

Now with my MS farm, it doesn't seem to matter if I go off line or not. I haven't been hired to work a farm in a couple weeks there.

Proud Mommy of an autistic daughter!

It's not autism.... It's AWEtism!

My Facebook Farm:

Visit Hoosier Homestead