Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 06:48 PM

Unhappy

I'd MUCH rather lose points than have to put up with the slowness of this new system. Are you trying not to let people get the the next levels or make money? So what if people click a few squares away...those of us who are consistent in harvesting and plowing just ignore those that aren't. Maybe limiting the amount of people who can be hired on each farm at one time would be much more helpful than slowing us all down to less than half of the speed we could move before. Farmville is quicker than this!

Please fix it back to how it was this morning. Keep the majority happy rather than the few who can't keep up and don't know how to play.

Sorry, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but it's a huge step in the wrong direction.
Account Not Linked

Unhappy Can't work with it

I quit Farmville because of the lag over there and now you're no better. I'd lost some coins but it wasn't terrible and I didn't complain. Now I'm complaining. It was probably time for a new game anyway - I was addicted.
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph65584 View Post
The problem with losing xp and coins was the users problem, for not being patient, not yours. If you want to make this game better, and are concerned with so many people being harvested on one field, then don't allow multiple hiring. The larger icons for the tools just gets in the way, and keeps people from using it correctly. There are more than a few complaints, the net is rampant with the problem. I fear that if the changes are not renegged, and soon, you are going to lose a lot of users, and very much so with me. I am not going to wait six hours to harvest my farm, I will either have it done before a time out or I will delete all of it.
This is not always the case. I have a dear friend who would work my farm, (*and others, but I can only know what happened on MY farm) and he would stay for the WHOLE THING ... harvesting, plowing .. then stick around to chat with me as well. and he STILL lost money and points. I would WATCH him wait for everything to be done .. "I" got the money from the items he harvested, "I" got the points for him plowing, yet he did NOT. we even kept a tally of his points and such, and they would not go up as they should, in fact, at times, they went DOWN. so no hun, this was NOT 'only' due to a player not being patient, it was a true issue, that we hope is now resolved. Please dont think that simply because you assume that you know the true issue, that its in fact the case.

it's not that I can't do it anymore.... i knew it was a bug/exploit that was going to be fixed sooner or later

the problem is that I can't use my second farm anymore because I can't clear the field to start it over again

(WF58)

Thumbs down I don't like it!

I'm Quiting farmtown, the way it is now. I'm sure many many others will too!
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Thumbs up I love it!

I must say....well done!!

Most of the issues with coins and XP that were taking place have been addressed in one fell swoop. I experienced this new harvesting/plowing procedure and I must say it is functioning VERY well for me. Gameplay now seems to have a level playing field for the people with slower connections and those people playing the game WITHOUT CHEAT PROGRAMS.

I would think that the majority of the complaints you will get is from the people with faster connections and/or cheat programs that allowed them to walk all over the people that didn't use the cheating programs and/or are only able to obtain a slower connection to the internet.
My response to that is......"Awwww, poor babies. NOW you actually have to play the game as it was meant to be played."

Thank you Raul and ALL the developers for your hard work and solutions to this particular problem. Awesome job!!!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Default I hate it!

I would have NEVER purchased and upgraded a 2nd farm had I known this was coming. I like being able to get in and out QUICKLY. ****, I HATE it. After this harvest, I'm done again.
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:50 PM
Account Not Linked

I know why they changed it. And I'm not the original poster. But a few people complaining about points and coins losses that are around 200? I can't think of a worse possible solution that they came up with to "solve" this problem. And they STILL did NOT solve it. This is bad. 70% less problems. So even this MAJOR change that upsets millions of users did not solve it. If you complain about 200 lost XP, you should get a life. 200 XP is NOTHING. Not even to someone who has been on Farm Town for just a few days. But they still came up with a solution that only cut the "coin loss" problem down to about a third the original size, while annoying millions of users with their "solution". They didn't solve it.

The solution is for users to immediately hit the save button when they're done. And wait for the "pending changes saved" message. All experienced users know this.

So implement a solution that does this. This new way of harvesting and plowing is NOT a solution. It does NOT solve the problem. Because it only makes it happen less, but it will still happen. At the cost of losing millions of users who are now very annoyed and won't harvest or plow anyone's farms anymore. Which was a big part of the fun for all those millions.

To the developers: Don't rush things into production until you've tested them.

This is the worst thing the developers have rolled out into production since Farm Town started.

And for developers of free games, losing millions of users is the worst thing that can happen to them...
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:52 PM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Dec 23 2009
Level:
Trophies: 12
XP:

Well that's it then I freaking quit!! I will not harvest this way!!

Visit Celestial Beginnings

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread