Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 07 2012, 06:42 PM

I have seen similar things happening. My youngest grandson was told to get out as it was theirs. He didn't bother leaving and left a note for the farmer saying what happened. As it was the other person hired could do more due to having the tool where he didn't.
Old Jul 07 2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo85308 View Post
Hi, I have enjoyed playing Farmtown for a few years now. I am 67 years old and it was very enjoyable to me. Now i am do upset with all the tools that have come out that has taken all the fun away. You get hired to harvest and plow and someone comes in and takes it all and u ask them to share and they say why. This happens almost all the time when I get hired, and I am not the only one. Other people complain about it in the chat. I have never seen to many rude people, and you tell them it is a game for everyone and they just keep on going. I think something should be done about this. I really would like to keep enjoying this game, but am about ready just to delete everything. I have a handicapped daughter I take care of and after I get her in bed at night I really look forward to enjoying some game time, and this does not happen anymore. Thank you from bingo85308
Hi, I moved your post to the thread on hiring practices.
Old Jul 09 2012, 01:22 PM

I try to hire people with not tools on occasion. My problem is that most of them don't finish the job. I go back an hour later and everything is half done. I guess they got tired of the work even though I don't do layers.
Of course I also have a beef with people who calim to have ALL THE TOOLS; but then after you hire them all they do is harvest the crops and plow. Personally I think that employees should get some XP points for chopping or fishing. Maybe then more people would be willing to do those jobs.
Old Jul 09 2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Catalina View Post
I try to hire people with not tools on occasion. My problem is that most of them don't finish the job. I go back an hour later and everything is half done. I guess they got tired of the work even though I don't do layers.
Of course I also have a beef with people who calim to have ALL THE TOOLS; but then after you hire them all they do is harvest the crops and plow. Personally I think that employees should get some XP points for chopping or fishing. Maybe then more people would be willing to do those jobs.
I have been hired and afterward, wondered what all I had been hired for. The hire message was gone so fast and I couldn't remember. I wish from the being hired side of things, the tools, whether nice ones of just axes, etc. would appear in a special Hiring Tool Bag.That might help those who may honestly not remember.
But for those who lie, I'd like to be able to click on them and send them off my farm.
I don't have an answer for those who don't finish their job and even leave it a mess. I know they need XP and I try to help because I remember. Next time, I may advertise for someone who doesn't mind sharing a job. Maybe hire both to harvest and when they finish, hire both to plow. Except that means I can't move on to another farm!
FT just can't do anything about rude people.
Old Jul 09 2012, 03:38 PM

as someone that likes and owns the "tools" I would like to throw my "2 cents" in.When I am hired I immediately begin working the farm IF and that is a big IF I see another person tools or not generally w/o I will apologize and leave going to other farm or back to market. I don't think it is anyone but the Hiring Farmers fault. Why would you hire someone w/o tools when there are so many in mktplc stating they that is ridicoulos HAVE tools. @nd why Hire multiple farmers AT ALL! That is ridicoulous, your just making trouble. usr farmers without tools or without not TOGETHER!
I also blame devs for not making playing screen large enough to see more than a third of farm at a time!
If they can bre expandad then making original screen larger should not be a problem. Just greed of course make it too big no one would purchase expansion!
Old Jul 09 2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Catalina View Post
I really think what happens is the person you hired with no tools got booted off for some reason and can't get back to finish what they started.

I also think if you hire a long term player (and you have no way of knowing) you are getting someone who remembers getting chewed out for harvesting trees and flowers. Way back when, we didn't do trees and flowers. And I will still ask occasionally.

I have come to the conclusion when I go to the market and get hired I am going to do everything I have tools for. If they don't want me to do something I won't have the tool available.

And, I like your idea of some incentive for boring jobs like fishing. I hate it on my own farm but at least I get ALL the fish. On someone else's you are getting so much less for the same work.
Old Jul 09 2012, 04:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLen1 View Post
as someone that likes and owns the "tools" I would like to throw my "2 cents" in.When I am hired I immediately begin working the farm IF and that is a big IF I see another person tools or not generally w/o I will apologize and leave going to other farm or back to market. I don't think it is anyone but the Hiring Farmers fault. Why would you hire someone w/o tools when there are so many in mktplc stating they that is ridicoulos HAVE tools. @nd why Hire multiple farmers AT ALL! That is ridicoulous, your just making trouble. usr farmers without tools or without not TOGETHER!
I also blame devs for not making playing screen large enough to see more than a third of farm at a time!
If they can bre expandad then making original screen larger should not be a problem. Just greed of course make it too big no one would purchase expansion!
How can you say it is greed when the size of the screen is not up to Farm Town, it is how much Facebook decides to give them to use for their game, they are the ones that controls how much each game has to use, if you are going to blame anyone for the small screen, you would have to blame Facebook.
Old Jul 09 2012, 06:16 PM

The only reason I hire people with tools is because nearly all my farms are stacked. However, I do have two farms that are not stacked. Bingo85308, if you find me, I will be happy to friend you and hire you when I can. If you feel you can do some stacked fields that are not too big, you can do those too. I usually do my own work because it is easier than trying to find someone reliable. I am usually on in the evening too. You can look me up...Emily Swearingen Murphy on Facebook and send me a friend request. Or leave a note on my farm. It is linked on here.
Old Jul 09 2012, 06:18 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Murphy View Post
The only reason I hire people with tools is because nearly all my farms are stacked. However, I do have two farms that are not stacked. Bingo85308, if you find me, I will be happy to friend you and hire you when I can. If you feel you can do some stacked fields that are not too big, you can do those too. I usually do my own work because it is easier than trying to find someone reliable. I am usually on in the evening too. You can look me up...Emily Swearingen Murphy on Facebook and send me a friend request. Or leave a note on my farm. It is linked on here.
Hi there,

We have a thread for requesting neighbours.......

FACEBOOK Neighbors Requests

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 09 2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Murphy View Post
I only hire people without tools for fields that aren't overlapped, too. I have many neighbors whose occupation is FT and they are always on. But I know they are very busy with their "super farms" so I hesitate to ask them if they want to harvest and plow. They are all very sweet and some are very glad to help me harvest and plow and get some of the crops and we chat. But I just had an idea last week and when I've tried it, it has worked. I type out a message in word telling what all I have that needs doing and ask if anyone would like it. I give the time of the message and let them know I'm sending it to all neighbors who are currently on their farms. Every time I've done it, I've gotten one person almost immediately and sometimes another later asking if I still need help. I know them and can trust them to go to another farm and I can stay and plant that one. I don't have to worry about them stopping and leaving me in a bind.
Just an idea but it worked for me!