Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 01:44 PM

Thumbs down I just was hiredfor harvesting and it was still awful

Is it possible I have the old code? I had to write the farmer to say I couldn't finish the job - I had the farm all to myself which, in the past, was a dream-come-true.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:45 PM

Default Que working again! love it

It seems we're back to the previous previous version with a couple exceptions. We can certainly walk backward very fast (lol) and the que is no problem. We can go fast again.

Is it safe to leave the farm where you're working when the counters on XP and coins have stopped, even tho you are a long way from "walking" to finish the harvest?

I did plow one entire large field and when it started counting on some squares it said "already harvested" but it didn't look harvested when I clicked. That's a bit strange but it's been happening for awhile I guess we just didn't get a notice.

Thanks for your hard work -- it's a great game!
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:46 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default changes

please leave ft the way it is now i like it alot better

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:47 PM
Acclaimed Farmer ( Level 25 )

Farmer Since: Dec 14 2009
Level:
Trophies: 11
XP:

Ok, Thanks for returning it. But you guys tweaked it wrong! I can only plow 1 square at a time (UGH) and I can not use my seeder, just bought it a few days ago - huge waste of money unless I can use it. Please fix this, my farm is to big to plow and seed 1 square at a time!!!! Also I noticed in the first farm I harvested my xp points did not come thru until I left and then I was awarded. As for money I hope, but I did not pay attention. Wish ya'll would have restricted the number of people hired. However I am glad its semi-normal! Merry Christmas guys!!

Visit The Wife's

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWifes View Post
Ok, Thanks for returning it. But you guys tweaked it wrong! I can only plow 1 square at a time (UGH) and I can not use my seeder, just bought it a few days ago - huge waste of money unless I can use it. Please fix this, my farm is to big to plow and seed 1 square at a time!!!! Also I noticed in the first farm I harvested my xp points did not come thru until I left and then I was awarded. As for money I hope, but I did not pay attention. Wish ya'll would have restricted the number of people hired. However I am glad its semi-normal! Merry Christmas guys!!
Check your preferences under the wrench in the toolbar.
If your plots are close, you have to have 'remove spaces between fields' checked.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:55 PM

Talking UPDATE:It IS better

I logged off FB and logged back on and that is what got me the new code. I've harvested and it's better by a longshot. I can decide if I like the giant scythe but I expect I'll get used to it. The avatar is funny to watch after it is doing catch-up work - it goes like crazy...Keep up the good changes.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapai View Post
Yes and No. Much improved over the 12/22 disaster. But not as good as pre-release.

I've just worked one job with another player. When my avatar was completing harvest, in between a few last coins (I guess), the message ALREADY DONE was flashing. Same for the plow. I marked many more squares than I received credit for.

Pre-release, we could see the fields that were already done much better. There were some issues with plowed fields not appearing plowed, but when they were clicked and instead of a hash mark, we got a plowed field, we knew it was already done. This way there is no way to tell until the avatar actually encounters a field that was ALREADY DONE?

In my opinion, this is going to cause MORE hard feelings on jobs with more than one hire. I know I have some now because I marked many more fields than I was paid for. So that doesn't seem to really address "lost" XP's. I clicked but received no XP. Instead of "lost XPs", I now just have LOST clicks? How is that better?

This is not the only problem, but so far it is Major. I hope you give this a few days to settle down to get all the feedback and can make corrections accordingly. People are not going to like doing a huge portion of a field only to have their avatar traveling over ALREADY DONEs for long periods of time.

Is there no way you can make the fields update WHEN they are done? In another thread, a fellow programmer made a suggestion on how that might be accomplished, IIRC.

Nooooooooooooooo! OMG! This has NOT solved group hiring AT ALL! I was on a group job and just watched every single one of my hatched fields disappear right before my eyes! I got ALREADY DONE! This was a large field. I LOST COINS ON EVERY CLICK I MADE! OMG. This is awful. What are you guys thinking? I just do not get it.

PLEASE go back to Pre-Release method. It was still faster than now and you didn't have people stealing your click fields right from under you.

I'm going to have to limit myself to solo hires only this way.

I got NUTHIN for my time and clicks. :STEAM:
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:57 PM

Default Much better than yesterday

Thank you for bringing the qued work back... Much better. I did a whole farm of pineapples, then got to plow, and was able to do it in a very decent time.
I am not fond of the way the Highlighted crop, or the Plow (Red Square) hops around. I didn't get to test if the 'glitch' of being hired twice to remove the red square still exists, but I would much prefer to only need to use my mouse arrow than having to line up the red square. I had a harder time today than I have had in a long time (over 350,000 XP points here and level 60) keeping my guy in a perfectly straight line as the plow icon would pop to the next row quite frequently.

But hey guys... I am a programmer and I commend you for taking our comments so seriously (sorry that so many lashed out at you)I can't even imagine how badly it must have felt to have released what you thought would make most happy, and then to get such a negative response. You took it well.
I love the game and hope we can be useful to you as you continue to perfect it.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:59 PM
Account Not Linked

Love the new changes Thanks for all the hard work you put into this game...
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:08 PM

I love it, love it, love the new update! The speed is great. I have large pinapple fields but hire only one person and believe me the benefits of speed and allowing a ssingle worker to gain the rewards of the harvest and plow is wonderful. Thank you!
Closed Thread