Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Feb 10 2020, 07:49 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
It does seem unfair, I have added 8.8 million this week so far and am 3.1 million behind the NCC above me, but hey ho, last week I scored more points than the team in second place????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I think I must have a lot of dud neighbors, lol (just kidding) so far my total contribution is 7,639,460 points.. my 68 neighbors contributed 2,600,399. Now the leader in the competition has 35,110, 468 points... there is no hope for the rest of us... I am still in 7th position.. the same position I usually am if I only fill every couple of days instead of multiple times for this weeks comp. We live and learn..
Hi Grumpdad and Aussie Rae,

Let me see if I can clear any of this up for you to help.

The NCC is a contest. The aim of the contest is for you and your neighbours to refill your facilities in the contest as often as you can in order to gain more points than who you compete against. No confusion there.

If another neighbourhood is beating you then they are simply able to do that more often than you and your neighbourhood can.

What you or the game has no control over is predicting what anyone else is going to be able to do towards the NCC during the week, whether its those in your own neighbourhood or those in the competing neighbourhoods. Nor do you have any control over who may or may not add another facility to the contest after the competing neighbourhoods are picked. Now having more facilities does not mean you are going to win one of the top places. A neighbouhood with far less facilities can win by millions of points simply because they are refilling what they do have, more often than the one with more facilities is able to do with theirs. When we were able to see how many facilities a competing neighbouhood had, I saw this myself many times.

Even if you were able to compete with the exact same neighborhoods every week, you all had the exact same amounts of each facility and no one was able to add more. One week you could to better because the competing neighborhoods are not refilling as much as usual. The next week they could refill more than your neighbourhood can, so could beat your neighbourhood.

What you do have control over is how often you refill your own facilities, with the time you have available to play. The more you can do it the more points you will score. However in order to be able to do this, you do need to have the products available to reload them and you need plenty of friends to work them to give you the ability to refill. The more neighbours you have in your neighbourhood, the more times your own points are multiplied for your own contest. For the rest you just have to hope that your neighbours helping you can do the same with their facilites, so their contribution towards your neighbourhood score is greater, and you have to hope that the competing neighbourhoods can not do better than yours can.

This next part is for Aussie Rae - about the amounts you are seeing in the My Neighbourhood Chains for you compared to your neighbours.

The amount you see for yourself is the points you earned for refilling your facilities multiplied by the amount of neighbours you have also in the NCC. This is what changed which is why your amounts are larger than they used to be. What you do with your own facilities now earns you more points than it used to. What your neighbours see for you is just the points you earned for their contest, not what you see.

The amount that you see for a neighbour is only what they contributed to your contest not what they see for themselves. What they will see for themselves is the points they earned multiplied by the neighbours they have that are also in the NCC.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Feb 10 2020, 05:28 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

thanks Tiger.. I think I will disable the NCC after this weeks contest ends... much easier to get fc from the quests each week and not have to constantly refill facilities and rely on neighbors to do the same... most of mine don't..
Old Feb 11 2020, 05:27 AM

Quote:
thanks Tiger.. I think I will disable the NCC after this weeks contest ends... much easier to get fc from the quests each week and not have to constantly refill facilities and rely on neighbors to do the same... most of mine don't..
Hi Aussie Rae,

I am sorry to hear you are still considering quitting the NCC. It was only near the beginning of the month that you said you didn't care if you won FC and liked the free products. It concerns me that what I have said previously has added to your decision to quit.

I'm going to give you my personal reasons why I won't disable the NCC when I don't do well enough to get any FC or place very low, just in case it helps you reconsider your decision, because you can still play the game the way you want to. By continuing to participate you will be helping those that have you for a neighbour even if you do not do well in the contest yourself.

Before the changes: I rarely placed high, the neighborhoods I competed against, the majority of the time, always did better than mine did. The reasons I did not disable it then are:
  • The points I earned even without making any special effort with the NCC facilities were enough to be one of the top 10 contributors to a fair amount of my friends which helped them place in the top 3 and some of them won Farm Cash. So I am not going to take the chance of them earning that away from them by not participating. Those that may have felt I did not contribute enough were always free to remove me as being their neighbor.

• On a rare occasion I did win FC, without doing anything more than what I do through week with all my facilites. If I had stopped participating I would not have got that. As the saying goes, you have to be in it to win it

• When I don't place high the free goods just for participating are welcome. Even if you don't make any special effort with the NCC facs you still get rewarded. If I can't use them, they add to the coffers when I routinely sell excess goods. It might not amount to much but you still get something for basically doing nothing other than what you normally do anyway with your facilites.

Since the changes: At the moment I feel it is too early to make assumptions on how well I am going to be doing from now on. There has only been one result and personally I would like to see what happens over the coming weeks. I also want to wait until my friends and neighbours have had time to make their own decisions on how they want to play the NCC.

However, I still will not be disabling it even if I don't agree with their decisions or never win any Farm Cash because I know I am still helping those that have me as their neighbour, just by playing the game the way I want to, and this is why:
  • The new rule: "Each XP you earn, instead of contributing just 1 point, will contribute as many points as the number of neighbours you have participating in the contest"

• This means even a low scoring neighbour adds to the number of times your own score is multiplied by, to help your own contest. So the more neighbors they have participating the more times their score is multiplied by. If you don't have many yourself, it still worth keeping a low scoring neighbour for that reason alone.

• If I were to disable the NCC they will not only lose the points I earned towards their score but they would also be denied the additional points they gained for multiplying their score by another 1.

• I will always help my friends and neighbours if I can do it playing the game the way I enjoy playing it.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Feb 11 2020, 08:33 PM

my neighbors that are number one every week in the NCC .own 3 or 4 of all facilitys and they post everyday and they keep them full.i am 5 or 6 now used to be 10.i keep doing it to help my neighbors
Old Feb 12 2020, 04:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Aussie Rae,

I am sorry to hear you are still considering quitting the NCC. It was only near the beginning of the month that you said you didn't care if you won FC and liked the free products. It concerns me that what I have said previously has added to your decision to quit.

I'm going to give you my personal reasons why I won't disable the NCC when I don't do well enough to get any FC or place very low, just in case it helps you reconsider your decision, because you can still play the game the way you want to. By continuing to participate you will be helping those that have you for a neighbour even if you do not do well in the contest yourself.

Before the changes: I rarely placed high, the neighborhoods I competed against, the majority of the time, always did better than mine did. The reasons I did not disable it then are:
  • The points I earned even without making any special effort with the NCC facilities were enough to be one of the top 10 contributors to a fair amount of my friends which helped them place in the top 3 and some of them won Farm Cash. So I am not going to take the chance of them earning that away from them by not participating. Those that may have felt I did not contribute enough were always free to remove me as being their neighbor.

• On a rare occasion I did win FC, without doing anything more than what I do through week with all my facilites. If I had stopped participating I would not have got that. As the saying goes, you have to be in it to win it

• When I don't place high the free goods just for participating are welcome. Even if you don't make any special effort with the NCC facs you still get rewarded. If I can't use them, they add to the coffers when I routinely sell excess goods. It might not amount to much but you still get something for basically doing nothing other than what you normally do anyway with your facilites.

Since the changes: At the moment I feel it is too early to make assumptions on how well I am going to be doing from now on. There has only been one result and personally I would like to see what happens over the coming weeks. I also want to wait until my friends and neighbours have had time to make their own decisions on how they want to play the NCC.

However, I still will not be disabling it even if I don't agree with their decisions or never win any Farm Cash because I know I am still helping those that have me as their neighbour, just by playing the game the way I want to, and this is why:
  • The new rule: "Each XP you earn, instead of contributing just 1 point, will contribute as many points as the number of neighbours you have participating in the contest"

• This means even a low scoring neighbour adds to the number of times your own score is multiplied by, to help your own contest. So the more neighbors they have participating the more times their score is multiplied by. If you don't have many yourself, it still worth keeping a low scoring neighbour for that reason alone.

• If I were to disable the NCC they will not only lose the points I earned towards their score but they would also be denied the additional points they gained for multiplying their score by another 1.

• I will always help my friends and neighbours if I can do it playing the game the way I enjoy playing it.
I have reconsidered and won't disable the NCC but will just continue as I did before all the changes came into being... this week I have been filling those nominated facilities multiple times a day only due to the fact I have so much in storage that its not causing me to have any shortages... I will just fill my facilities as I normally do from next week on... thanks for all the info, it is appreciated.. cheers...
Old Feb 12 2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
I have reconsidered and won't disable the NCC but will just continue as I did before all the changes came into being... this week I have been filling those nominated facilities multiple times a day only due to the fact I have so much in storage that its not causing me to have any shortages... I will just fill my facilities as I normally do from next week on... thanks for all the info, it is appreciated.. cheers...
Hi Aussie Rae,

Very happy to hear that you will still be participating and that the additional info helped. Thank you very much for letting us know

Clickable Help Links:

Old Feb 12 2020, 05:51 PM

Hi farmers

I am now closing this thread. Thank you so much to you all for your feedback and questions.

While we wait for the New Release please feel free to post any problems with the game in Help & Support, any feedback in General Feedback and your ideas for the game in our Suggestion section.
Closed Thread