Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 31 2023, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Ms Mini,
I moved your post to the thread about the markets.

First please check that the plug in the upper right is green showing you are online.
Second If you are using CCleaner and have Komo installed please uninstall the Komo as it can block the other players information so you don't see them.
If you don't have CCleaner it may be that your antivirus program such as Avast or any other online tracking blocker then you need to remove that.
I do not have those installed and nothing that I tried helped. When I visit you, I do not see you or I cannot say HI
Old Mar 31 2023, 01:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Mini View Post
I do not have those installed and nothing that I tried helped. When I visit you, I do not see you or I cannot say HI
Hi Ms Mini,
I may not be on the farm when you visit.
As I said in my reply above, please contact Support about this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 12 2023, 07:07 PM

Default Avatar gender change and name change at the Inn

My avatar and the avatars of other farmers that I try to meet with at the Inn and both Marketplaces, occasionally changes to another gender and sometimes the name changes to "Friend". At other times, the other farmer cannot see me as I am standing next to their avatar and vice-versa. I read the suggestions above and I have CCleaner, but don't see the Kamos it mentioned. I've cleared cache, but it still happens every day on my two different browsers and two different PCs. Is this a Marketplace/Inn issue or something else?
Old Apr 12 2023, 07:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
My avatar and the avatars of other farmers that I try to meet with at the Inn and both Marketplaces, occasionally changes to another gender and sometimes the name changes to "Friend". At other times, the other farmer cannot see me as I am standing next to their avatar and vice-versa. I read the suggestions above and I have CCleaner, but don't see the Kamos it mentioned. I've cleared cache, but it still happens every day on my two different browsers and two different PCs. Is this a Marketplace/Inn issue or something else?
Hi Dan H,
The changing gender is an intermittent thing that happens occasionally. Being intermittent it is nearly impossible to track down or duplicate. Have not had any reports on the name changing to friend.

The Kamos from CCleaner as far as we know only causes you to not see anyone in the markets and Inn. There are multiple markets and you may be getting a cross up where you can see someone but they can not see you.

Are you entering the game through Facebook or the website? The website is not ready for use yet and you may see some strange things in it as they are building and making changes to it daily.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 12 2023, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Hi Dan H,
The changing gender is an intermittent thing that happens occasionally. Being intermittent it is nearly impossible to track down or duplicate. Have not had any reports on the name changing to friend.

The Kamos from CCleaner as far as we know only causes you to not see anyone in the markets and Inn. There are multiple markets and you may be getting a cross up where you can see someone but they can not see you.

Are you entering the game through Facebook or the website? The website is not ready for use yet and you may see some strange things in it as they are building and making changes to it daily.
Thanks, TAZ. I am gaming through FB. More detail: When messaging in the 'New Messages' envelope at the top of the page, the Inbox lists names correctly, but after clicking the name to enter the message box and do a Reply or Show History, their name changes to 'Friend' occasionally. That's when I know the player I'm messaging and meeting somewhere will show up as 'Friend' instead of their actual name. Then, they may also be a different gender....makes it kind of difficult to get hooked up. LOL Then, if we don't see each other a refresh and return to the meeting place eventually fixes that issue. Anyhow, we have been resorting to using codes in the Chat Box 'Send' line to identify each other at the Inn or Marketplaces. Thanks again! All you moderators are doing a great job, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to using the new website!!
Old Apr 12 2023, 10:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
Thanks, TAZ. I am gaming through FB. More detail: When messaging in the 'New Messages' envelope at the top of the page, the Inbox lists names correctly, but after clicking the name to enter the message box and do a Reply or Show History, their name changes to 'Friend' occasionally. That's when I know the player I'm messaging and meeting somewhere will show up as 'Friend' instead of their actual name. Then, they may also be a different gender....makes it kind of difficult to get hooked up. LOL Then, if we don't see each other a refresh and return to the meeting place eventually fixes that issue. Anyhow, we have been resorting to using codes in the Chat Box 'Send' line to identify each other at the Inn or Marketplaces. Thanks again! All you moderators are doing a great job, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to using the new website!!
Hi Dan H,
The developers are very busy right now trying to get the website set up for use and probably may not to get to look at this right now. It could be something they are working on for the website that is affecting this.
If you wish you may report this to Support. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old Apr 13 2023, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Hi Dan H,
The developers are very busy right now trying to get the website set up for use and probably may not to get to look at this right now. It could be something they are working on for the website that is affecting this.
If you wish you may report this to Support. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Thanks TAZ - I am not worried about a fix for this right now, just curious about it and thought I would share it in case others are having the same issues. The Devs need to concentrate on the really important work; getting the new website up. Have a good day!
Old Apr 22 2023, 10:20 AM

problem for about 2 months, can't access marketplace. I contacted support and they gave me a link to this thread. Tried it all, restarted pc and still can't access the marketplace. Any other suggestions?
Old Apr 22 2023, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eabradford View Post
problem for about 2 months, can't access marketplace. I contacted support and they gave me a link to this thread. Tried it all, restarted pc and still can't access the marketplace. Any other suggestions?
Hi eabradford,
What happens when you try to go to the markets?
Old Apr 22 2023, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Hi eabradford,
What happens when you try to go to the markets?
Hi! I see Tom and asks what I want to do, but otherwise there is no one else there. tried to add attachment of screenshot, not sure it worked
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FTemptyMarket.jpg (39.4 KB, 1 views)