Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 06 2023, 01:00 PM

I completed the new registration for Farm Town to be on it's own website, but I used a new password, different from the one I use for Facebook. Now I'm wondering if that was a mistake. Please let me know if the passwords need to be the same and, if so, how I can change the new one I just used.
Thank you
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:01 PM

Now getting a WARNING to REGISTER!!! WHAT is going on here? TELL us!!!
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammieRee View Post
I completed the new registration for Farm Town to be on it's own website, but I used a new password, different from the one I use for Facebook. Now I'm wondering if that was a mistake. Please let me know if the passwords need to be the same and, if so, how I can change the new one I just used.
Thank you
Hi GrammieRee,
No they do nort have to be the same. In fact they should not be as you should not use the same password in multiple site logins to be secure.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi JbarLFarms,
You gave an email address, but you did not give a password you wanted to use for the login. Any password you want to use for playing the game. It does not have to be any you use for Facebook or the forums.
Thank you for the clarification Taz. Have a blessed week.
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:09 PM

Thank you so much, Taz, that's exactly what I needed to know!! XOXOX
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:22 PM

Default Alert asking for email and password

I just had a message alert pop up on my FarmTown screen explaining the Facebook issues of late, and asking me for my email address, which is showing, and a password. I will not give anyone a password to my email account! Why would I be asked for it? Is this legitimate?
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Now getting a WARNING to REGISTER!!! WHAT is going on here? TELL us!!!
Hi John,
I moved your post to the thread about this registration.
The developers are continuing work on the stand alone site for Farm Town. This registration is part of it as you will need not just the email address but will need a password to play there.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:25 PM

Default new message from ft

Ask for email and password but not sure what password it wants? My forum password and user name? FB password? Sorry please clear this up before I proceed with registration
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerRita09 View Post
Ask for email and password but not sure what password it wants? My forum password and user name? FB password? Sorry please clear this up before I proceed with registration
Hi farmer Rita,
It wants a new password to be able to access the stand alone Farm Town website when it is ready. The password is not tied to anything wlse you are logging into.
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macladywloo View Post
I just had a message alert pop up on my FarmTown screen explaining the Facebook issues of late, and asking me for my email address, which is showing, and a password. I will not give anyone a password to my email account! Why would I be asked for it? Is this legitimate?
Hi macladywloo,
Yes it is legitimate. They are not asking for the password to your email address. They need a password you will use to access the stand alone Farm Town website when they get it completed. You want to enter a new password and not one you have used for any other web site.

Tags
link email, login