Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 04 2010, 08:01 AM

Do you run anti-spyware software? That removes all that stuff. I've just started installing those apps of the day. I install, claim my cash, then immediately uninstall. Webroot antivirus with anti-spyware takes care of the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu836 View Post
You do realize don't you that those apps all install extra dlls and tracking cookies. If I have a clean system (which I do) why would I install an app that could possibly contain a virus and/or install hidden tracking cookies?
Old Apr 04 2010, 08:11 AM

This was a waste. All of this time I was waiting for new farms and now when we finally get it, its based on neighbors. Forget the fact that Ive been playing forever, its the neighbors that determine in the end. They might as well have done no upgrades. Its useless.
Old Apr 04 2010, 09:21 AM

Default Tough getting to 30 neighbors

Your attempt to add people to Facebook might have had an unintended consequence. Twice now I have found neighbors on the system and connected with them only to have them drop me as a neighbor once they have already reached 30 neighbors and purchased thier 3rd farm. They get their benefit of 30 neighbors and all it was for me was a waste of time. Trying to expand use through an arbitrary limits will always force people to game the system and frustrate the honest player. Thanks for the effort but I will pass on getting to 30 neighbors, too much hassle.
Old Apr 04 2010, 09:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
For all the people that don't want to share stuff with strangers this is how you can block them from seeing everything on your FB account except your name.
Except that - and I suspect other people feel the same way - regardless of privacy settings, etc., I simply do not add people to my Facebook that I do not know in person, period. And that's a rule I'm not going to break, "even" for Farm Town.

Similarly, I have plenty of friends on Facebook, and only a few who are on Farm Town, but I am not going to badger the ones that aren't to start playing the game, just so I can up my neighbour count. Call be cynical, but putting such a large neighbour requirement on this seem a calculated move by the developers to "force" us to get get more players for them!

Using Farm Dollars isn't an option for me, as I'm already on Level 80, and I'm not going to mess around with the "application of the day" for similar reasons for not adding "strangers" to my Facebook. I'm not adverse to using real money to purchase some Farm Dollars, but again it just looks like a cynical attempt to on the part of the developers that this is the only other way to purchase a third farm.
Old Apr 04 2010, 10:30 AM

With the last two increases in levels I have been shoved to the highest level each time. I have no way to increase my farm money unless I purchase some and I won't do that. Now in order to buy a third farm you have to use the farm money. What a rip off for those of us who are at the top level.
Old Apr 04 2010, 10:49 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by servocrow View Post
You know there are quite a few of us who have played the game for awhile (it's been nearly a year for me) and we HAD over 30 neighbors...but lost them....for whatever reasons...

It's difficult building up relationships for a game when those friends no longer want to play, and you have to start from scratch from people you don't know in a chat room. It is easier for some people than others, just respect everyone's comfortability level.
You already have some great neighbors I am sure.... why not ask the ones you do have to recommend you to some of their trusted neighbors....My neighbors meet each other on my farm and will chat and get to know each other and they have become friends and neighbors that way.......

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 04 2010, 10:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob07 View Post
Your attempt to add people to Facebook might have had an unintended consequence. Twice now I have found neighbors on the system and connected with them only to have them drop me as a neighbor once they have already reached 30 neighbors and purchased thier 3rd farm. They get their benefit of 30 neighbors and all it was for me was a waste of time. Trying to expand use through an arbitrary limits will always force people to game the system and frustrate the honest player. Thanks for the effort but I will pass on getting to 30 neighbors, too much hassle.
maybe the devs should have a locking system in place on the 3rd farm.once a player droped below the 30 neighbours mark your 3rd farm will be locked untill you add more neighbours again.

pop up messge system

you need to have a minimum amount of 30 neighbours to excess your 3rd farm and keep it.
Old Apr 04 2010, 10:58 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail1993 View Post
This is wonderful. I immediately bought farm three. I can move my facilities to the new farm, but guess what? I can't nove the darn animals. That stinks. We should be able to put the animals in storage so we can move them between farms.
The animals are available as a free gift from your neighbors..... take the gift to the 3rd farm and add them there....if you have one animal in your gift box you can click to request "MORE" it will go on your FB profile page and your neighbors also.... then they can send you some..

GOD Bless The USA

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Apr 04 2010, 12:05 PM

I don't want any new "facilities". Not all of us have modern farms, you know. What I would really like, is at least the right hair color and style for my avatar. That's all I ask....blond, curly hair. It's starting to feel a little Farmville-ish around here.....
Old Apr 04 2010, 12:16 PM

Level:
XP:

don't your overalls give you wedgies??

GOD Bless The USA

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread