Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 17 2016, 09:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
I'll put this here because it's not really a support question, just something that's been puzzling me. How come sometimes when I'm going through my co-op quests and I buy items from neighbors, I'll get a number on the left side of the slash? I know that a number on the left side means a completed quest and a number on the right means an expired quest. Why would it indicate a completed quest when all I've done is buy an ingredient? I thought maybe it meant I had a quest ready to run or that someone had helped me with an ingredient, but sometimes it shows up when I've completed any step of the quest. E.g., I just bought purple grapes for a Red Wine Aged 3 Yr quest, and I got a 1. It doesn't happen every time either. Just now and then. Is there some rhyme and reason to this or do those numbers just act quirky sometimes?
Hi Dulcinea,
The number on the left indicates any quest completed. That would be either a co-op or regular quest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 17 2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi BKW,
The steps of the quest must be done in order. When you asked for the ingredients for the rubber sheet, you only get turpintine and latex and those can't register until you have done the cruse oil barrel and then the petrochemical barrel.
What ingredient requests did you post? To get to the turpintine, you would need to ask for Petrochemical barrels first to get the crude oil barrels, then ask for the turpintine to get the petrochemical barrel, then ask for rubber sheet to get the turpintine and the latex. Then you would have to accept those in the same order or the quest will not recognize them. So you see you don't get the product you ask for, but get the ingredients to make the product.
If you are doing it yourself for this then you need to start 1 batch in an oil pump (3 hours), then start a batch of the petrochemical barrels (6 hours), and then start 1 batch of turpintine (6 hours). So it can take some time that way.
My oil pumps are working constantly - I have crude coming out at all times, non-stop, so there's never a time when I'm not making crude. When I'm doing quests, the same is true for petrochemical - I start batches when I see I need them for a quest, but I also have batches going at all times. The quest wasn't picking up on ANY petrochemical batches I produced, particularly the ones I started at the time the quest started. So then it didn't pick up on the turpentine I made from those petrochemical barrels, either. It pretty much didn't pick up on anything I did with those facilities. By the time I requested the gifts, I had produced 3 batches of petrochemical, and at least one of turpentine. I also had already produced rubber sheets, but those were from ingredients I had before the quest, and the quest doesn't count those, I just liked to have them ready.

So, I was doing things in order, the quest wasn't picking up on them, and even when I got the gift of the items - by that time my facilities already produced them fresh for that quest - the quest didn't recognize them. I had to abandon that quest anyhow, it didn't show me all of the facilities that I needed, and the next to last one was an FC fac, so I just gave up. But it was consistently failing to pick up on those things -- and I did figure out why after a while: it wanted me to set things to go in my other refinery, not the one I was using. I don't know why it mattered, but when I tried starting a batch of petrochemicals in my second refinery, then the quest picked that up. I don't think it should matter which one I was using, they're the same thing. I was using the one on my default farm, which is also where I put all of my facs that I used for quests.

I started everything when the quest started, but what good are the lifelines if they don't advance the quest faster than if we didn't use them? None of it's making sense to me, so I just quit doing it. I play this game for fun, and the quests have been too frustrating. I mean, the one quest, I couldn't even request ingredients per the lifeline because the request wouldn't pop up, when I have a lifeline that lets me get materials from working for them on farms and in facilities I don't always get those materials - even though my facs are already working on those items - and I'm constantly buying new facilities. It's just too much confusion and frustration for 1 or 2 FC a week.
Old Jul 17 2016, 01:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerKBW View Post
My oil pumps are working constantly - I have crude coming out at all times, non-stop, so there's never a time when I'm not making crude. When I'm doing quests, the same is true for petrochemical - I start batches when I see I need them for a quest, but I also have batches going at all times. The quest wasn't picking up on ANY petrochemical batches I produced, particularly the ones I started at the time the quest started. So then it didn't pick up on the turpentine I made from those petrochemical barrels, either. It pretty much didn't pick up on anything I did with those facilities. By the time I requested the gifts, I had produced 3 batches of petrochemical, and at least one of turpentine. I also had already produced rubber sheets, but those were from ingredients I had before the quest, and the quest doesn't count those, I just liked to have them ready.

So, I was doing things in order, the quest wasn't picking up on them, and even when I got the gift of the items - by that time my facilities already produced them fresh for that quest - the quest didn't recognize them. I had to abandon that quest anyhow, it didn't show me all of the facilities that I needed, and the next to last one was an FC fac, so I just gave up. But it was consistently failing to pick up on those things -- and I did figure out why after a while: it wanted me to set things to go in my other refinery, not the one I was using. I don't know why it mattered, but when I tried starting a batch of petrochemicals in my second refinery, then the quest picked that up. I don't think it should matter which one I was using, they're the same thing. I was using the one on my default farm, which is also where I put all of my facs that I used for quests.

I started everything when the quest started, but what good are the lifelines if they don't advance the quest faster than if we didn't use them? None of it's making sense to me, so I just quit doing it. I play this game for fun, and the quests have been too frustrating. I mean, the one quest, I couldn't even request ingredients per the lifeline because the request wouldn't pop up, when I have a lifeline that lets me get materials from working for them on farms and in facilities I don't always get those materials - even though my facs are already working on those items - and I'm constantly buying new facilities. It's just too much confusion and frustration for 1 or 2 FC a week.
Hi BKW,
The key is in your last paragraph. You can't start all the steps production as soon as you start the quest. You have to first start the crude oil production in the oil pump at the time you start the quest. Then you have to wait the 3 hours for that to complete. After you have a green check in the crude oil, then you can start a batch of petrochemical. That step takes 6 hours, so you can't start the turpentine until you have a green check in the petrochemical. When the petrochemical has completed with the green check then you can start a batch of turpentine. That is what I mean by doing the steps in order.
How does the gift lifeline help speed things up? If you request the ingredients for each step as we previously said, then you can accept those individually in the correct order of the steps one at a time (do not use the store all) and you can complete all those steps quickly rather than waiting the long times.
Please note that if you have started a step (time showing), then the gift will not work because you already started the step in your own facility.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 17 2016, 02:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Hi Dulcinea,
The number on the left indicates any quest completed. That would be either a co-op or regular quest.
Ah, so it is a glitch then. That's what I thought. I get a number on the left side of the slash when:

1. I have a completed regular quest.
2. I have a completed cooperative quest.
3. One of my neighbors has sold me a product after I've used the yellow Help sticker.

And occasionally but not always,
4. When I complete any step in a quest, such as today when I bought the purple grapes for my Wine Cellar quest.

Just thought there may have been something I didn't know, but I guess it's just one of those things. Thanks for the help, Taz.
Old Jul 17 2016, 02:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ah, so it is a glitch then. That's what I thought. I get a number on the left side of the slash when:

1. I have a completed regular quest.
2. I have a completed cooperative quest.
3. One of my neighbors has sold me a product after I've used the yellow Help sticker.

And occasionally but not always,
4. When I complete any step in a quest, such as today when I bought the purple grapes for my Wine Cellar quest.

Just thought there may have been something I didn't know, but I guess it's just one of those things. Thanks for the help, Taz.
Hi Dulcinea,
I checked this after you posted about it and I don't see any number when completing a step.
Old Jul 17 2016, 07:04 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Hi Dulcinea,
I checked this after you posted about it and I don't see any number when completing a step.
It's intermittent. Sometimes I see it, and sometimes I don't. Actually, I think today might have been the first time it showed up after buying an item. Usually it's when someone sells me something I've asked for, but then again, not always. It's just weird like that. I thought there might have been a reason, but it's probably just a glitch.
Old Jul 18 2016, 05:15 PM

Has anyone else opened the last 2 Quests and found they are the same one? Produce 100 Paint brushes?? This has to be a first with 2 identical quests back to back.
Old Jul 18 2016, 05:53 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
Has anyone else opened the last 2 Quests and found they are the same one? Produce 100 Paint brushes?? This has to be a first with 2 identical quests back to back.
That's happened to me before. They were co-op quests, and it was a shame I'd already bought ingredients for the first because I could have knocked them both off at the same time.
Old Jul 18 2016, 08:16 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
it happens regularly..
Old Jul 19 2016, 10:45 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
It's intermittent. Sometimes I see it, and sometimes I don't. Actually, I think today might have been the first time it showed up after buying an item. Usually it's when someone sells me something I've asked for, but then again, not always. It's just weird like that. I thought there might have been a reason, but it's probably just a glitch.
Okay, this is the last I'll say on this, but just in case anyone's interested, my quest numbers were showing 0/2 just now. I looked at my regular quests. I have two in progress and none expired. The number still showed 0/2, which suggests the glitch has nothing to do with the regular quests. I looked at the co-op quests. None expired there either, but I have one with two hours left in the final step, a second I'm waiting till later to complete, and a third for Produce Pumpkin Pie. I hadn't touched the first two, but I had just gone through my neighbors and bought all the necessary ingredients for the Produce Pumpkin Pie quest. And that's when my number went from 0/0 to 0/2, right after I bought the ingredients. So there we go. Somehow buying ingredients for co-op quests is making my numbers act wonky.