Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests

Old May 07 2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondielee View Post
What constitutes what is novice and what is advanced.

Thank you.
Hi Blondielee

I'm sorry but we will not go into any detail on which category everyone goes into. If you would like an idea on what kind of designs fit into each category have a look at the previous contest winners.
Old May 07 2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Blondielee

I'm sorry but we will not go into any detail on which category everyone goes into. If you would like an idea on what kind of designs fit into each category have a look at the previous contest winners.
I've look a many months of entries and I'm honestly NOT seeing a specific pattern (other than 'picture' farms are usually advance, but not the only ones in that catergory also in the last contest I would think the 1st place novice was an advanced.
Old Jun 01 2017, 08:15 PM

Default Being able to hide factories, service building, animal sheds, etc of the likes

I'm asking for you to reconsider your rule of not allowing hiding things like animal sheds, oil pump, factories, services and other similar items in these groups. I don't know if this has been suggested already or not, there are to many suggestions to go tho to find one. Anyway,, for instance, there can be ONLY ONE shed per farm, and after getting it full of animals, it's not an easy chore to more it, and then we have to have a farm that don't already have one on it, and that is very unlikely . There are other items that are the same way, such as oil pumps, mineral mines, etc that only one is allowed per farm and like the oil pumps, a farmer dang near needs one on every farm to get by for their work load. Not being able to hide these ugly things on a design to be entered in a contest is a disgrace to the design. Thank your for reading my suggestion and truly hope you might reconsider the rule
Old Jun 01 2017, 08:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Lee C View Post
I'm asking for you to reconsider your rule of not allowing hiding things like animal sheds, oil pump, factories, services and other similar items in these groups. I don't know if this has been suggested already or not, there are to many suggestions to go tho to find one. Anyway,, for instance, there can be ONLY ONE shed per farm, and after getting it full of animals, it's not an easy chore to more it, and then we have to have a farm that don't already have one on it, and that is very unlikely . There are other items that are the same way, such as oil pumps, mineral mines, etc that only one is allowed per farm and like the oil pumps, a farmer dang near needs one on every farm to get by for their work load. Not being able to hide these ugly things on a design to be entered in a contest is a disgrace to the design. Thank your for reading my suggestion and truly hope you might reconsider the rule
Hi Debbie Lee C,
I am sorry, but the rule about not having anything hidden for the picture has been in place since the contests began and will not be changed. It has been stated in the rules for every contest, "Your farm photo must be an exact replica of your farm. Do not hide ANYTHING to take your photo." When we go to look at the farms for judging we need to see exactly the same as in the picture for the contest, not suddenly see a building show up. We do not judge the farms from the picture, but we judge them from the farm itself. This is why we require a link to that farm and that everything on the farm is in the picture.
If you have a shed or facility on the farm then be sure it is in the picture or hidden behind or under something else so it isn't seen.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 01 2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old Jun 02 2017, 12:30 AM

Default Oh my, I do believe I have misunderstood the hide rule

I had just suggested the hide rule in designing be reconsidered. I do believe that I misunderstood it. You are saying we CAN hide animals sheds and the likes BEHIND items in a design, such as trees, mountains, buildings in the design, right? You are saying we can not hit the hide button to make a shed or item disappear in a pic taken in the farm design picture, right? If this is the case, I'm so embarrassed that I misunderstood that rule, my thoughts when I read that rule was we could not hide items behind other items at all. I don't want to sound any dumber then I have been on this rule, but just want to make sure I have it right now for later contest.
Old Jun 02 2017, 01:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Lee C View Post
I had just suggested the hide rule in designing be reconsidered. I do believe that I misunderstood it. You are saying we CAN hide animals sheds and the likes BEHIND items in a design, such as trees, mountains, buildings in the design, right? You are saying we can not hit the hide button to make a shed or item disappear in a pic taken in the farm design picture, right? If this is the case, I'm so embarrassed that I misunderstood that rule, my thoughts when I read that rule was we could not hide items behind other items at all. I don't want to sound any dumber then I have been on this rule, but just want to make sure I have it right now for later contest.
Hi Debbie Lee C,
Yes that is correct. As long as we don't see something different between the picture and the actual farm when we go to check it. If you hide a shed or facility completely behind or under something so it is completely hidden (don't think trees will work for that) then there is no way for us to know it is there.

The main thing with the rule is do not have any of the Show items unchecked in your preferences when you take the picture. When we go to look at the farms we have all of those checked. If a building/faciliy/shed shows on the farm and not in the picture then that is grounds for disqualification.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 05 2017, 03:33 PM

From looking at the contest results the advanced category is Artistic making things out of flowers, trees and decorations. The Novice is Realistic using the themed decorations Farm town provides. This surprised me.

Personally I think I am going to wait until I am better at design myself before trying again, Found someone willing to teach me how to do it. So in a few months or a year after I know what I am doing (no longer on the Novice side of Advanced). Until then I do not stand a chance LOL
Old Sep 30 2017, 06:32 PM

Unhappy Very Dissapointed

it is 430 in the afternoon on 9/30. I just went to post my entry and the contest was closed What gives? What time zone are we to go by??? I worked so hard for nothing it seems.
Old Sep 30 2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeKeeper View Post
it is 430 in the afternoon on 9/30. I just went to post my entry and the contest was closed What gives? What time zone are we to go by??? I worked so hard for nothing it seems.

Hi GeeKeeper

I'm sorry but as it is stated in the contest's thread, September contest is closed on September 30th at midnight and all times are GMT.

We hope you will continue showing your farms in the next competition for October.
Old Sep 30 2017, 07:11 PM

Ok it is just passed midnight there so my post at 1130 should have gone through according to the world clock.

Guess you closed early

Time now is:

Phoenix, AZ
5:09:34 PM
Saturday 30th September 2017

GMT

12:09:34 AM
Sunday 1st October 2017