Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Aug 04 2016, 09:54 PM

Default New Release -- August 4th, 2016

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on August 25th, 4:00PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAÑOL AQUI
Version française ICI

1. 12 New Decorations: Pink Fall Mums, Yellow Fall Mums, Orange Fall Mums, Red Fall Mums, Flowers in a Planter (Farm Decor), Redwood Tree, Sequoia Tree (Trees), Circus Locomotive, Circus Wagon, Hand Car (Trains), Small Wave and Big Wave (FC) (Ponds).

2. Next 5 expansions for Farm 30: See prices below:

24x24 - 14000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
26x26 - 14500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
28x28 - 15000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
30x30 - 15500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
32x32 - 16000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

3. Improvements to the Neighborhood Chains Contest: Every Thanks received from a user will have a little something attached, a random ingredient that you can use in some of the facilities in the current contest. We will be adjusting the quantities in the next few days.

Also, currently there are 2 different 'Thanks' messages: 1) The 'Thanks' you receive for purchasing a new Farmcash Facility and 2) The 'Thanks' you receive for helping a neighbour rank in the top 3 at the end of the contest. In this later case (2), we will also adjust the quantity of your rewards based on the final rank of that neighbour and also how much more you helped that neighbour compared to others.

On the screen showing the list of Thanks received, each user row is highlighted with a different color based on your relationship with that user, blue->neighbour, green->buddy, white->friend and pink->stranger (none of the above).

If it is pink (stranger), you will see a 'Visit' button you can click and visit that users farm to see who it is. This means that this user has you as her neighbour but you don't have her as your neighbour. In any case, once you are at her farm, you may decide to remove yourself from her neighbour list.

4. Fishing Turbo Boats 12 x 12 (FC): This new Turbo Boat catch all fish in all water items in a squared area the size of 9 plow field. This tool is especially useful for fishing up to 144 overlapped water items at once. You can use the Freestyle Farm Designer tool to overlap water items.

5. Fishing Turbo Boats 16 x 16 (FC): This new Turbo Boat catch all fish in all water items in a squared area the size of 16 plow field. This tool is especially useful for fishing up to 256 overlapped water items at once. You can use the Freestyle Farm Designer tool to overlap water items.

6. Other Fixes and Improvements released on the past 1-3 weeks:

a) BugFix: When using the Transplanters and moving a group of trees to another location which was very close to the original location, some of the trees went missing
b) Optimized the 'My Neighbours' tab, it load much faster now, especially for users with high amount of friends. Also, some users were missing their names under the picture, this bug is now fixed too.
c) Optimized our back-end servers allowing response times 50-200% faster to most farming operations, so the text feedback will finish faster and you will be able to change farms faster as well. This will be much more noticeably on users with slower connections
d) The Processing phase of the Start All operation is a bit faster now when most of the facilities are full. We have a couple more optimizations in this area coming in the next few days
e) Migrated to the new version of the Facebook Platform, a change required by facebook

7. Other minor Improvements:

a) BugFix: Players were able to use the big crop tools to harvest trees/flowers one by one, with the 'Eye' open, and been hired only for crops. Also, the same about using the 1x1 and 1x2 crop tools to harvest trees/flowers, with the 'Eye' close, and been hired only for crops.
b) BugFix: Incorrect amount of earned coins shown when working as an employee and harvesting trees, flowers and fishing
c) BugFix: People posting Belt/Dans bonuses for baits were receiving the gifts from their friends, but when they claimed the gifts from the Giftbox, only one bait was added to their repository
d) BugFix: Incorrect stored amount showing in the Ingredient Planner

8. New Hemp and Horseradish Crops: Used in the Polish Restaurant and in the Hat Factory.

9. New Peacock Feathers animal product: Used in the Hat Factory. You can get Peacock Feathers by harvesting the Peacocks using the Chicken Coop.

10. Polish Restaurant (FC): Produces Polish Food.

Fish in Aspic
Sour Rye Soup
Perogies
Hunters Stew
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Beef Roulade
Pork Breaded Cutlet
Walnut Rolls

11. Hat Factory (Coins): Produces Hats.

Trilby Hat
Sunhat
Flat Cap
Beret Hat
Boater Hat
Peacock Hat
Bowler Hat
Sombrero

New products from other facilities: Hemp Yarn produced in the Textile and Spinning Mill.

12. Appliance Parts Factory (FC): Produces Appliance Parts.

Ceiling Fan Blade
Tube Fridge Condenser
Evaporator Coil
Microwave Turntable
Gold Coffee Filter
Washer Drain Pump
Wine Cooler Door
BBQ Ceramic Burner

13. Hat Shop (Coins): Provides Hat Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Hat Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

PS. We will soon start the development of a functionality that will introduce Ships as a transportation method to get ingredients, it will have a dynamic different to the trains, we estimate this should be completed in about 2 months.

Post-Release Updates - August 5th, 4:40AM

- Released the Hemp and Horseradish crops
- You can now harvest the Peacocks to get Peacock Feathers

Post-Release Updates - August 5th, 4:35PM

- Facebook released a fix hours ago for this bug: "The title of all farm town posts to be 'Farmtown' instead of the more descriptive text like "I would like to hire you to work in my facilities in FarmTown!".

Post-Release Updates - August 5th, 8:50PM

- Released the Polish Restaurant, Hat Factory and Hat Shop Facilities. The missing facility coming later next week.
- Fixed issue with the crop tools and the highlighting of crops

Post-Release Updates - August 9th, 2:50AM

- Released the 2 new waves in opposite directions

Post-Release Updates - August 12th, 11:40AM

- Adjusted the amount of product rewards received with every 'Thanks' message in the Neighborhood Chains Contest.

a) For the 'Thanks' you receive when buying a Farmcash facility, the amount of product rewards have been increased by at least 10 times. In addition to this, it will increase even more based on the amount of Farmcash facilities you have participating in the contest.

b) For the 'Thanks' you receive when a neighbour finishes in the top 3 in her Neighborhood Chains Contest, the amount of product rewards have been increased by at least 50 times. In addition to this, it will increase even more based on how many points you contributed to her Neighborhood Chains compared to others.

- The Pre-processing phase of the Start All operation in the Facility Manager have been further optimized, this will be specially noticeable for people with lot of facilities.

Post-Release Updates - August 13th, 3:00AM

- Launched the Appliance Parts Factory.

Post-Release Updates - August 16th, 8:00PM

- Released additional improvements to the Pre-processing phase of the Start All operation in the Facility Manager.

Post-Release Updates - August 22nd, 3:20PM

- The Ingredient Planner screen in the Facility Manager loads much faster now
- Added a 'Loading Help...' message when loading the ingredient Planner in the Facility Manager

Post-Release Updates - August 23rd, 4:20PM

- Fixed bug that caused some facilities not been fully loaded after a Start All
- Ingredient Planner was reporting incorrect numbers because it was not considering "ignored products in facilities", those that are unchecked.

Post-Release Updates - August 24th, 3:20AM

- We just released an update to the way the neighborhood strength is computed in the Neighborhood Chains Contest. So for the next contest, you should notice that your competing neighborhoods total facilities participating are closer to your neighborhood total facilities participating, this should create a more fair and balanced group of competing neighborhoods.

Post-Release Updates - August 25th, 4:00PM

- Released an improvement to the Start All 'Saving...' phase, it runs much faster now. The whole Start All/Load All operation should not take more than a few seconds (5-20 secs) even when you have thousands of facilities.

Known Issues

- None

Last edited by Raul; Aug 25 2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old Aug 04 2016, 09:59 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Looking forward to the new things

So excited...always fun to unpack a new release. Thanks Raul and devs for keeping the game interesting
Old Aug 04 2016, 10:00 PM

woot wooot!! cant wait to see whats new!!
Old Aug 04 2016, 10:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul!

New levels for Farm 30 is all I have found so far.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 04 2016, 10:11 PM

Couple of new fishing boats?
Old Aug 04 2016, 10:12 PM

Planting crops is a little erratic - doesn't highlight evenly. Using 256 seeder on non-layered crop fields.
Old Aug 04 2016, 11:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
Planting crops is a little erratic - doesn't highlight evenly. Using 256 seeder on non-layered crop fields.
I am having similar problems with all of my combines. I use various sized ones depending on the farm I am planting. I have all combines except the 256 one.
Old Aug 05 2016, 11:55 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
I found that out too... used the combine and it was like hit and run, and the count on my spaces went down for this new crops, but I am sure it will come back to normal so not worried at this time...
Old Aug 05 2016, 12:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
I found that out too... used the combine and it was like hit and run, and the count on my spaces went down for this new crops, but I am sure it will come back to normal so not worried at this time...
Hi Texas Belle,
The developers are aware of this and working on it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 04 2016, 10:13 PM

Thank You...always exciting and appreciated
Closed Thread