Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 06 2015, 11:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Well here is my 2 cents worth how can superman win 1st place when it is all crates design (painting by numbers) block by block when they was other designs that was way better then that one. I just dont get the voting style as a lot thought it was suppose to be the whole movie not just one or 2 parts of the movie. To me it is very unfair to the ones that work really hard on the designs....
Old Feb 06 2015, 12:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie H View Post
Well here is my 2 cents worth how can superman win 1st place when it is all crates design (painting by numbers) block by block when they was other designs that was way better then that one. I just dont get the voting style as a lot thought it was suppose to be the whole movie not just one or 2 parts of the movie. To me it is very unfair to the ones that work really hard on the designs....
Hi Kimmie,
The voting was done independently by 8 moderators and helpers. You may not agree with our choices, but that is what we saw as the best. There is only so much that can be done for some movies and we took into account that fact. I am sorry you don't agree but that was our choices and are final.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 06 2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
This feedback will not become a bashing of the moderators or the contests.
I don't believe that people are using this thread as an opportunity to "bash" the moderators or the contests. I believe they, like me, are confused at the choices of farms that are winning. Perhaps this can be addressed by including a comment of why that particular farm was chosen to be a winner. For example, how it met the criteria or why it was found appealing. This will also serve to help others give their farms a better chance of winning a prize.
Old Feb 06 2015, 07:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
I don't believe that people are using this thread as an opportunity to "bash" the moderators or the contests. I believe they, like me, are confused at the choices of farms that are winning. Perhaps this can be addressed by including a comment of why that particular farm was chosen to be a winner. For example, how it met the criteria or why it was found appealing. This will also serve to help others give their farms a better chance of winning a prize.
Hi AussieGecko,
That would not be possible as each of the 8 judges have their own method of choosing their picks. Just like any contest you may not agree with the judges choices, but those decisions are the individual judges choices and when the votes are totalled then that is how the places are determined. We do not discuss our choices. We individually vote and and the votes are totalled to determine the winners.
This will be the last post answered about the voting. The voting is done in a fair manner and no one judge can determine the outcome of the vote. Any further posts about it will be deleted.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 06 2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Hi AussieGecko,
That would not be possible as each of the 8 judges have their own method of choosing their picks. Just like any contest you may not agree with the judges choices, but those decisions are the individual judges choices and when the votes are totalled then that is how the places are determined. We do not discuss our choices. We individually vote and and the votes are totalled to determine the winners.
This will be the last post answered about the voting. The voting is done in a fair manner and no one judge can determine the outcome of the vote. Any further posts about it will be deleted.
Sorry Taz, I was trying to be constructive and giving "feedback" which is what I thought this thread was about. I have not attacked anyone nor have I attacked your way of voting. Merely suggested something that could be included when you publish the winners. Anyway. Enough said. Have a good day.
Old Feb 06 2015, 07:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
Sorry Taz, I was trying to be constructive and giving "feedback" which is what I thought this thread was about. I have not attacked anyone nor have I attacked your way of voting. Merely suggested something that could be included when you publish the winners. Anyway. Enough said. Have a good day.
Hi AussieGecko,
I understand what you are saying, but there isn't any way to do what you asked. If it was 1 person judging the contest that would be different, but when you havee 8 judges you have 8 different reasons why they made their choices. I appreciate your calm and objective question and feedback.
You have a good day too.
Old Feb 06 2015, 09:26 PM

I haven't given my ratings for Jan Contest; here is it:

Here is my rating for January contest

clarifications - 5/10
questions - 5/10
Power of theme title 8/10
WOW factor for members 8/10
others i didn't mentioned 4/10
Old Feb 09 2015, 06:57 PM

Pardon me if I missed this being requested previously. I would like to see some examples of what others are doing for Quest Farms. I suggest a Best Quest Farm Contest.

Lorenzo

PECCATUM ORIGINALE
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...766&farm_ix=20
Old Feb 22 2015, 02:34 AM

Default Entry #39

Quote:
Hi everyone. I am happy to open the February contest. Time for those Valentine's Day designs. Good luck to all who enter.
Entry number 39 has been altered,compare their farm now with the photo they entered into the contest,a volation of the rules,just thought i'd bring this to your attention.
Old Feb 22 2015, 03:27 AM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by boduke66 View Post
Entry number 39 has been altered,compare their farm now with the photo they entered into the contest,a volation of the rules,just thought i'd bring this to your attention.
Hi boduke66, I've moved your post to the "competition feedback" thread. I have checked this entry and there doesn't appear to be any changes.