Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 15 2010, 09:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Farmer McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
People like this blow me away. Think how many hours of enjoyment per day, per week, per month...that you get from playing Farm Town, and you pay nothing for that enjoyment. You mention "freedom of choice" in your post. It's almost an attempt to cause the developers to feel guilty about their Farm Cash method.

As one (me), who has purchased more than $100 (US dollars) in Farm Cash, stop your whining, please! It takes a lot of time, resources, and money to develop games like Farm Town. Either cough up a little real cash to further enhance your enjoyment of the game, or let this plea go. It's getting annoying seeing all the posts from people who say, "I'm on a fixed income", "I can't afford it", "I have no money", and now your "freedom of choice" argument. I challenge you to go into any store in your city and attempt to get the same great deal that Farm Town offers. When you compare all the items that are available in the game, there are really very few that are available with Farm Cash only. The vast majority of items are obtainable with coins.

Finally, I find it very interesting that, those who can't afford a little Farm Cash, are the same people who manage to pay for internet access every month, and also manage to purchase a computer to access the internet.
I agree that people could put it a little better, but we must realize that there are people who have been put out of work and now do not have the income to pay cash. I bought my computer years ago when I was doing well, and only keep the internet to keep in touch with family as it is a lot cheaper than long distance phone calls which I can no longer afford. Getting rid of Internet service will be the next thing to cut if I need to cut more. But of course no Internet means no FarmTown so why would people spend real money for something they will not have?
People out of work may not be in the best frame of mind so may not always put things in as positive light as some may prefer. That is why I think that we need to point out the positives as you did that many things are for coins; however, you could also have added that they can use the "Earn Coins" tab to get money for the developers without the player actually spending money. I have gotten all the things that I want that require cash by doing this.
Old May 15 2010, 09:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Once again, myspace users got the shaft since the only way we get any extra farm cash is by paying for it.
Old May 16 2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse02 View Post
Thank you!!! I was just saying the same thing to my husband last night. I think that perhaps some people are forgetting that they are not really paying real dollars for virtual items, but instead real dollars for the developers' time creating the game - which I very much enjoy.
by the way for those of you who feel you cannot afford to buy farm cash try the offers (free) to earn farm cash. I did and bought a lot of Factories with the EARNED Farm Cash.
Old May 16 2010, 03:02 AM

Everyone's circumstances are different, sure. But that does not mean that we are entitled to everything. Putting it differently doesn't change the fact that the sense of entitlement is creating problems for the player that are being spread around in here. Can't afford it? Deal! I'd love to get some new diamond jewelry but I can't afford it! I'm not going to whine to the store or others about not being able to get it.

ETA: I looked at the offers, and I did the netflix offer, got over 80 FC for it. I earned my FC, and I'm happy to help the devs get paid! Until I can afford more out of pocket I either do the offers or I will just do without! It's really that simple. And for the people who don't believe in paying for virtual goods, do without, since it's so beneath you.

It all comes back to the point that the devs don't work for free. Just because this is a game to you doesn't mean that this isn't someone's work, especially if they have to listen to people whine and moan about a FREE game.
Old May 16 2010, 11:26 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

thanks for all the new things wish one would have been a winery, we really need one plus different types of grapes and maybe a brewery and hops. Also a fourth farm and when will there be new levels. I know you will not answer this just like all the others I have written but I wish you would do this. I love this game even buy farm cash so come on please I need to make wine and beer. thanks

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 16 2010, 12:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevJack View Post
At one time, Walmart's slogan was "We buy American so you can too" but when Sam Walton passed away, that all changed.
Yes, unfortunately a lot of things at Wal-Mart died with Sam.
Old May 16 2010, 12:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Farmer McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddamienie View Post
Once again, myspace users got the shaft since the only way we get any extra farm cash is by paying for it.
Do you not have a tab at the top of the game screen, right above the tool bar and your farm name on the upper right side that says "earn coins"? It can be hard to see and easily overlooked. It is in red now on FB. If you do not have one, then it would be a problem if you do not have the money to buy. Of course you could always open a FaceBook account and start another farm.
Old May 16 2010, 01:18 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
I think people forget the developers have overhead: salaries, possibly insurance for employees, rent, electric, servers, etc. I am sure that is a small partial list!
Well they make there money from the advertisers that are annoying.
Its bad enough you get pop ups on farm town or annoying gift guy when you
already sent out gifts.

Another thing is at level 80 you do not get any points to collect farmtown cash.

I think another farm should be added to the 3 you all ready have for the facilities.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 16 2010, 01:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Not sure where to ask this question but, does anyone know how to stop, social bid system, on farm town/
Old May 16 2010, 01:25 PM

is anyone else having problems sending gifts? i havent been a le to send gifts since may 15th at 6 am ?pls help!
Closed Thread