Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 25 2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i try View Post
Where do you load chocolate cookies? i have to LOAD them for a quest.
The chocolate chip cookies are loaded into the Modern School.

Old Jun 25 2012, 10:40 PM

Default Quests & the Lifeline

I've noticed that many of my friends and neighbors don't understand how the lifeline works, when it comes to requesting an ingredient.

I usually have to go to their farm and explain step by step, to find the facility that needs the ingredient, open it in the Facility Manager, and then click on the + sign to send a request for it.

If I'm out of leather (which seems to be wwwaaayyyy too often), I find one of the facilities, such as the shoe factory, and then click the plus sign on the work boots and send a request to my friends and neighbors for it. They see the request on their pages and click on it. They get 1/2 of what I've requested!

Hope this explanation helps people.

Plynn
Old Jun 29 2012, 01:03 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

For 1 of my quests i needed to produce COD and CHIPS.Had to use a lifeline and got the work one. Worked a friends facils. and received cod and chips in my storage but it didn't count on my quest! Why? i thought iit was supposed to.
ThanXXX for any helpful advice!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 29 2012, 01:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
For 1 of my quests i needed to produce COD and CHIPS.Had to use a lifeline and got the work one. Worked a friends facils. and received cod and chips in my storage but it didn't count on my quest! Why? i thought iit was supposed to.
It sounds like producing the Cod and Chips was the last step of your quest, if so then a lifeline can't be used for the final step in a quest. For more info on quest you can look in the game guide Chapter 29 - Quests.
Old Jun 29 2012, 02:28 PM

Level:
XP:

it was not the last. loading into a service facility is. i got the working lifeline, worked a fish and chips facil. on a friends farm, but didn't get credit in my quest! My storage shows that i received them but not in the quest like it was supposed to.

Visit 's Farm

Last edited by i try; Jun 29 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old Jun 29 2012, 04:19 PM

I though the working lifeline was to harvest someone's crop.. I may be wrong though.
Old Jun 29 2012, 04:20 PM

I was wrong..l just checked for you....... "Employee Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by working for others in farms or facilities. The product bonuses you get by working for others will count toward your Quest Steps requirements.
This will help if you can gain what you need by being hired to work on a farm or by working a facility to gain the products made in that facility. Example, if the middle part of the quest (not the final step) required a product made in a facility that you do not own yet but a neighbour does, you can work their facility to gain that product for part of your quest."
Old Jun 29 2012, 08:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:

Just checking..did you have all the other steps checked off on the quest before earning the cod and chips when working facilities? You would still need to have caught the cod, harvested potatoes etc before you could get a tick for the cod and chips.
Old Jun 29 2012, 09:04 PM

Level:
XP:
Default Quests

I am working on a quest that requires me to get horse hair. The life line says I can use gifts but nothing in this quest if giftable, Why do you have that option when it is not usable. Another item in this game that is a joke. I do not have enough cash to get a stable and I will NOT be spending any cash to get them so I will not be doing any more of your phony quests. This is the second time the gift box came up and it did nothing, in fact it takes away the capability of my working other peoples facilities to get what I need. This really does need to be corrected as I have talked to others that have run into the same problem.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jun 29 2012, 09:16 PM

If you have the relevant facility (Sport Accessories for example) you can request ingredients for something that uses horse hair, e.g. Pool Table Brush. That should satisfy the requirement of the Gifting lifeline.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm