Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 28 2012, 07:07 PM
Account Not Linked

[quote=eleflump;5028170]Hi harvest moon yes I tried buying new trees and chopping those after the first couple of hundred didnt register lol but that made no difference either. Wull try agaun tomorrow once they regrow.i also used the axe not chainsaw though a friend had pine quest yesterday and used chainsaw and it worked so might try that if its still not working. Failing all of that I guess i,ll just have to wait 4 days for time to run out,and hope I have better luck on next one lol happy farming:-D[/QUOTE

might be a stupid question but the quest you are doing does require maple logs and not maple sap? Only thing I can think of to make the ones you have chopped not register
Old Jan 28 2012, 08:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars7 View Post
Where do you find the quests? I can't find them.
In the toolbox above the Trophies.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 28 2012, 09:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
I see your point, dixiegirl. A player shouldn't be required to have FC facilities to do the quests. That will only alienate players that can't afford them or chose not to purchase them.

I haven't done any quests that involve trees yet but I don't think we should have to plant trees for a quest when we already have dozens, or in my case, hundreds of most of the important trees.

I'm sure the quests will change and evolve over time and many of the kinks will be worked out.
At some point we can work others facilities to finish a question so not having a facility won't be a problem then. Hopefully that will be put in place soon. Until then people can do the ones they can and give feedback on them. This is new in the game and I am sure the developers will make changes based on feedback given.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jan 28 2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
My first quest involves making 25 hot chocolate drinks. I have all the facilities for that, so that's not the problem. We'll see what the future brings.

I hope all of you begging for to-do lists are happy. -_-
Actually..... yeah. I find the quests kind of fun and something new to think about. Thanks for asking.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Jan 29 2012, 01:04 AM
Account Not Linked

My first quest I can do, but the second I can't, so am I just stuck? It looks like you have to do one after the other, so if I can't do #2 is that just the end of quests for me, or will they switch around so I can pick and choose? I am not going to buy facilities just for quests. Especially until I see what the payoff is going to be!
Old Jan 29 2012, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccrack2000 View Post
My first quest I can do, but the second I can't, so am I just stuck? It looks like you have to do one after the other, so if I can't do #2 is that just the end of quests for me, or will they switch around so I can pick and choose? I am not going to buy facilities just for quests. Especially until I see what the payoff is going to be!
I don't think so,i think once a new one starts each day up to your grade limit.if you cannot do one it will run its time out and end.

i finished my first one yesterday and i got a few short of 10 million coin .So yes well worth doing I think.
Old Jan 29 2012, 02:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavenda View Post
daughter's second quest is also for facilities she doesn't have. She's not happy at all, particuarly after I have told her the money others are getting from their quests. If goods earned from others don't count yet, perhaps they could have made sure the quests offered were ones people actually had facilities for (no idea how easy that might be to code, but it seems to be making quite a few people unhappy)
I kinda' thought that was how it would be ... a random selection from the facilities a player owns. But ... I've got one open now that requires a facility (a CA$H facility, no less) that I don't have. Yet.

Devs - might this be an opportunity for a player option? "Only give me quests from my current facilities" which would return less reward per completed quest vs. "Give me quests that might include new (to me) facilities" with a greater reward for completion.
Old Jan 29 2012, 02:25 AM
Account Not Linked

My current quest:

Produce 4 Salami
5 Days

2 Peppers (harvest, 40 hour crop)
-> 2 Chili Powder (produce)
1 Salt (produce, 5 hour imposed wait)
1 Meat (order, 1 hour imposed wait)
1 Pork (order, 1 hour imposed wait)

4 Salami (produce)
Old Jan 29 2012, 02:27 AM

Like others I have designated a farm for Quests on it i have put 10 of every kind of tree which I will leave ready. I am also going to have just a few of each crop on the go.Im really enjoying this, its fun and adds a new dimension to the game.Trying ot second guess which crop will be in the next challenge. and the best part is you only do them if you want.there is no pressure ..LOVIN IT!!!
Old Jan 29 2012, 03:04 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc View Post
Hi Everyone ,,, I just 'found' the quests awhile ago and I'm now doing my 1st > the Petro one ...
Just keep in mind that quests are different for different people - my first quest was "Bake 15x rhubarb pies in a facility" (needed rhubarb, wheat, and sugarcane, no more than 5 or 10 of each).

Second quest was "Produce 10x Hotdogs in a facility". 3x wheat, 10x tomatoes. But the kicker here was that ketchup was needed. First, who puts ketchup on hotdogs? Second, ketchup comes from a Food Preserves factory, which is a Farm Cash factory.

Edit: the quests are random finished products so it could be literally one of a hundred or more things, random for each player each day.

Last edited by Corn Farmer; Jan 29 2012 at 03:09 AM.