Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 11 2014, 08:52 AM
Account Not Linked

Thank you for the extra FC working quests. The cash from them is great but the FC is a bonus. Thanks.
Old May 13 2014, 12:52 PM
psycho_mommi
Account Not Linked

i am irritated at the quests in general. in order to claim 2 farm cash, you have to complete 8 quests in 7 days. ok, not too impossible, i have done it consistently since the fc started getting awarded. most of the quests i have had have been fairly simple, and ALL-up to today- have been for facs that i already owned. today's quest required me to load a suit case into the travel service factory. i did not own the travel supply factory ($32 farm cash) or the travel service factory ($30 farm cash). so, in order to keep my stats up, and be able to complete 8 quests in 7 days, i plunked out the $62 farmcash in order to have the 2 facs required to complete the final step of the quest. now, i realize that people have to eat, including the devs. and BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT, because i am sick of hearing the "pat answer" of "you didn't have to buy those factories", my answer is this-YES, I DID, IN ORDER TO HAVE 8 QUESTS COMPLETED IN 7 DAYS. all i am asking is for a little more thought in these quests. all i am asking is that you listen to your players. its frustrating to get a quests that requires one FC factory that i dont have, but 2?? i just think that's getting a little greedy, is all. and i honestly thought the forum is the place to mention this.
Old May 13 2014, 01:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_mommi View Post
i am irritated at the quests in general. in order to claim 2 farm cash, you have to complete 8 quests in 7 days. ok, not too impossible, i have done it consistently since the fc started getting awarded. most of the quests i have had have been fairly simple, and ALL-up to today- have been for facs that i already owned. today's quest required me to load a suit case into the travel service factory. i did not own the travel supply factory ($32 farm cash) or the travel service factory ($30 farm cash). so, in order to keep my stats up, and be able to complete 8 quests in 7 days, i plunked out the $62 farmcash in order to have the 2 facs required to complete the final step of the quest. now, i realize that people have to eat, including the devs. and BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT, because i am sick of hearing the "pat answer" of "you didn't have to buy those factories", my answer is this-YES, I DID, IN ORDER TO HAVE 8 QUESTS COMPLETED IN 7 DAYS. all i am asking is for a little more thought in these quests. all i am asking is that you listen to your players. its frustrating to get a quests that requires one FC factory that i dont have, but 2?? i just think that's getting a little greedy, is all. and i honestly thought the forum is the place to mention this.
It is your choice to buy the facilities to complete the quest and keep up your string of getting 2 FC. Personally I would buy them because I can do more than just quests with them. The quests are random and not based on what facilities you own or don't own. You may think that is the pat answer, but it is the only one. Maybe they shouldn't have offered the Fc for quests.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 13 2014, 05:36 PM

I am losing quests because when I get to the final entry, I am told I need more of a certain entry. At the moment, I am working on Barber chair, Quilt and Trial Lens Frame. All ask for something more. Do have to go back to the beginning and start over? I have tried adding more of just the item needed. HELP. With these three quests, I reach 8 for this week. Thanks!!
Old May 13 2014, 05:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Q View Post
I am losing quests because when I get to the final entry, I am told I need more of a certain entry. At the moment, I am working on Barber chair, Quilt and Trial Lens Frame. All ask for something more. Do have to go back to the beginning and start over? I have tried adding more of just the item needed. HELP. With these three quests, I reach 8 for this week. Thanks!!
Are you completing each step before that last one and have the green check in each box? Have you stored the products for those steps? You may not have enough of the items needed in storage if you haven't stored the ones you made.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 20 2014, 06:17 PM

Why is it quests require you to have facilities you do not have that cost farm cash in order to finish the quest? I am on a quest to create salami and I need some spice to fulfill this quest and I do not have a spice factory, cannot buy the chili powder in the marketplace, and am at the end of the quest with no ability to finish it due to the requirements placed. Several of my friends have run into the same dead end so I guess I will quit trying to do the quests because we cant complete them. If we cant work in someone else's facility to procure the ingredients we need to finish the quest then what is the sense in even trying to do the quests?
Old May 20 2014, 06:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnobles View Post
Why is it quests require you to have facilities you do not have that cost farm cash in order to finish the quest? I am on a quest to create salami and I need some spice to fulfill this quest and I do not have a spice factory, cannot buy the chili powder in the marketplace, and am at the end of the quest with no ability to finish it due to the requirements placed. Several of my friends have run into the same dead end so I guess I will quit trying to do the quests because we cant complete them. If we cant work in someone else's facility to procure the ingredients we need to finish the quest then what is the sense in even trying to do the quests?
The quests are assigned randomly and does not check what facilities you own. You also have 3 possible lifelines that are randomly assigned when you click on the life ring in the upper right corner. One of those lifelines do allow you to work in your neighbors facilities for all except the last step. There is more information on the quests and the lifelines in the Game Guide Chapter 28. Even if you can't complete 1 or 2 quests as long as you can complete at least 3 in a 7 day period you will earn 1 farm cash.
Old May 20 2014, 11:07 PM

Wink Quests are a way for FT to make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnobles View Post
Quests are one of the ways that FT makes money Advertising , quests and people buying cash. You can still have enjoyment and not do any quests. We did not have them for a long long time.
Old May 20 2014, 11:12 PM

What is Ft definition of seven days?> It seems to be 8 calendar days. You can only collect the cash after eight days when two days the same have appeared AT THE BOTTOM. Why is this?
Old May 20 2014, 11:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneycs View Post
What is Ft definition of seven days?> It seems to be 8 calendar days. You can only collect the cash after eight days when two days the same have appeared AT THE BOTTOM. Why is this?
It may show 2 days the same but it is only 7 days exactly before you can collect.
You collected at 12:08 today so 7 days from today at that time you will be able to collect again.