Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 30 2013, 07:03 AM

Arrow Hiring and Bonus Chest

This thread is for reporting problems concerning Hiring and Bonus Chest.

Please read the Game Guide Chapter 10 - Hiring before you post in this thread.

Important Things To Remember:

Hiring neighbors,buddies or strangers:

Harvesting crops, trees, flowers and chopping trees:

Neighbors/Buddies - If you hire a neighbor or buddy you will receive a large box instead of a normal box. The benefit of a large box is only if you go to the market place to sell the item, there is no benefit of a large box in loading factories.

Strangers - If you hire a stranger from the market place you will receive 1 regular box and 1 large box.

Remember: You only receive products for harvesting and NOT experience points.

Plowing fields: You will receive 1 XP for each plot that is plowed no matter who does the plowing.

Doing your own plowing it cost 20 coins.

Neighbors/friends - When you hire a neighbor/friend it costs 10 coins per plot to plow.

Strangers - When you hire a stranger it costs 15 coins per plot to plow.

Fishing: You would get the same amount of fish whether you fish your waters or if you hire someone. If you have bait you will receive double the fish caught.

When you are hired to work other people farms, you will get the following:

Crops: When you harvest crops for someone else you will receive 25% of the selling price of the crop that you are harvesting and you will receive 10% of the crop that you are harvesting. You don't receive experience points for harvesting crops.

Trees, flowers and fishing: When you harvest trees, flowers, chop trees or fish you will get 100% of the selling price instead of 25% like you get for the crops, since the crops you would receive more coins when selling, this was changed to try and balance out what the employee received for trees, flowers and fishing. You will also receive 50% of what you harvest, chop or fish compared to the 10% for the crops.

Plowing: When you plow someone else's farm you gain 5 coins and get 1 XP for each plot you plow.

Bonus Chest:

The Bonus Chest can only be claimed if you are hired by a stranger and you must be hired in the Marketplace. If you are hired by a neighbor or buddy you will not be able to earn the Bonus Chest.

When you are hired by a stranger from the market place, you can earn a bonus from the Bonus Chest that will be located in the upper left corner just under where the coins and fuel are located. To be able to collect from the Bonus Chest you must complete ALL of the work on that farm that you are hired to do. If you don't see anymore work, but the Bonus Chest is saying there is more work to complete, you can do the following to see if there is something that is hidden:
  • Reload the current farm. Make sure that it is the current farm only, if you click on a different farm that will end the Bonus Chest on the farm you were working on.
  • The eye icon in the bottom right corner set it to hidden (eye is fully closed) if it is not already set to hidden.
  • For each task you are hired to do, pick up each of the corresponding single tools and see if there is any work that needs to be completed.

IMPORTANT! IF you only have ONE farm to work or you are on the LAST farm to work and you are going back to your own farm instead of back to the market, you must still click the bonus chest BEFORE you leave in order to collect it.

*** Remember that the Bonus Chest can only be earned if you are hired by a stranger in the market place. If you are hired by a neighbor or buddy you will not get a Bonus Chest. ***

For Suggestions on Hiring post in Ways to Improve the hiring process

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Tiger; Feb 29 2024 at 07:28 AM.
Old Mar 16 2021, 12:12 PM

Default Harvesting trees and flowers for others not counting

When I harvest or cut trees and do flowers on other farms I am getting no experience nor am I getting any of the crop. Is this a permanent change to FT or just mine not working properly? If you need my # I will send it to you privately.
Old Mar 16 2021, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Donner View Post
When I harvest or cut trees and do flowers on other farms I am getting no experience nor am I getting any of the crop. Is this a permanent change to FT or just mine not working properly? If you need my # I will send it to you privately.
Hi Farmer Donner,
I moved your post to the subject thread about hiring. You do not get experience for harvesting. To see the products added to your storage you may have to restart your farms to get them to update.
You can see what you get when working for a neighbor in the Game Guide chapter 9 about hiring:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 15 2021, 01:18 AM

Default Missing XP

I just was hired from the market and worked on about 30 some farms, harvesting and plowing all crops. As it turns out, I did not get any XP for this what so ever. Why did this happen and what can be done to fix this?
Thank you,
tuthfairy--Cheri
My user ID is 689706424
Old Apr 15 2021, 04:33 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuthfairy View Post
I just was hired from the market and worked on about 30 some farms, harvesting and plowing all crops. As it turns out, I did not get any XP for this what so ever. Why did this happen and what can be done to fix this?
Thank you,
tuthfairy--Cheri
My user ID is 689706424
Hi tuthfairy,

I have moved your post to the hiring thread. Thank you for your ID.

At the time of this post, your data shows your xp has increased quite a bit today from yesterday and that you have also been getting extra xp as part of the bonus chest when you claim those.

Some have found that when working quickly the XP doesn't always show as added right away. If this is what is happening and it doesn't look like it's corrected when you return home after a job, try reloading the game and it should update.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 19 2021, 06:45 AM
madennison
Account Not Linked

When working on someones farm and you are kicked off for some reason can we have the opertunity to return & finish the job
Old Apr 19 2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madennison View Post
When working on someones farm and you are kicked off for some reason can we have the opertunity to return & finish the job
Hi madennison

I moved your post from Suggestions to Hiring thread in Help & Support to be able to answer you.

We already have this option. Please read the following information from our Game Guide:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...42#post6236742
Old Apr 29 2021, 09:00 AM

When I click on MAP to try to go to Job Marketplace, I just stay on my farm. The Status bar (S, H, W & M) does appear on screen. Any known issue with this?
Old Apr 29 2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
When I click on MAP to try to go to Job Marketplace, I just stay on my farm. The Status bar (S, H, W & M) does appear on screen. Any known issue with this?
Hi GRB

Please clear your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it was open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and try to go to market again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesnt work for you, then clear your browser cache. Take in mind the first time you load the game for the first time after the clearing, it will load slower as all graphics need to be loaded again.
Old Apr 29 2021, 09:19 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi GRB

Please clear your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it was open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and try to go to market again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesnt work for you, then clear your browser cache. Take in mind the first time you load the game for the first time after the clearing, it will load slower as all graphics need to be loaded again.
THANKS, that did the trick

Tags
bonus chest, hiring, hiring all farms, hiring issues, no bonus chest, no job bonus, show work info