Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 07:32 PM
Account Not Linked

do not like the change very slow now and i am afraid of not being hired.please put it back the other way or i am afraid you will lose alot of players.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:33 PM

ohhhh my godddddddddddd, this is so not right, why did u make this change, it sucks big time...... please bring back the old way, i lost xp and coins before, but i much rather loose them , than having to take this long, it takes soooooo long, its not fair, big mistake on this upgrade, i guess is back to farmville, so sad....
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:34 PM

Everyone wants to rush, rush. This game is a relaxer for me. No big deal, Give it a few try's before complaining.

And with the amount of whining going on, Santa will have a lot less house's to visit in a couple of nights.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Default New harvesting

Hi,

I am a very fast harvester and plower. This "new" way is absoutely, positively horrible! I will have to just quit. I don't have time to spend four times longer just to clear a field etc. PLEASE, all my neighbors are SO upset also!
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Old way was much nicer. I don't really farm anymore besides my own farm so it doesn't really matter to me.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:37 PM

Just had someone plow a (dead, oops) field, then harvest and plow my other farm in no less time than it ever took for anyone before, and she didn't have to wonder if she needed to "wait till it was done". Still went just as fast.
Account Not Linked

This is awful, fresh FT hell. We will be losing players. It is way too slow. It is way too tedious. No more multitasking while playing Farm Town.

I can't work this way. I did my own harvest and plow because I don't want to put anyone else through this. It took almost an hour to do one harvest. Not everyone hires 4 or 5 people, thank goodness. I never "ran into" anyone when working with others. It was frustrating, but it is one's own choice if they want to work in a mob or not. I only hire one or two at most for 600 squares.

I so hope this is changed back to the click ahead method.
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw View Post
I know why they changed it. And I'm not the original poster. But a few people complaining about points and coins losses that are around 200? I can't think of a worse possible solution that they came up with to "solve" this problem. And they STILL did NOT solve it. This is bad. 70% less problems. So even this MAJOR change that upsets millions of users did not solve it. If you complain about 200 lost XP, you should get a life. 200 XP is NOTHING. Not even to someone who has been on Farm Town for just a few days. But they still came up with a solution that only cut the "coin loss" problem down to about a third the original size, while annoying millions of users with their "solution". They didn't solve it.

The solution is for users to immediately hit the save button when they're done. And wait for the "pending changes saved" message. All experienced users know this.

So implement a solution that does this. This new way of harvesting and plowing is NOT a solution. It does NOT solve the problem. Because it only makes it happen less, but it will still happen. At the cost of losing millions of users who are now very annoyed and won't harvest or plow anyone's farms anymore. Which was a big part of the fun for all those millions.

To the developers: Don't rush things into production until you've tested them.

This is the worst thing the developers have rolled out into production since Farm Town started.

And for developers of free games, losing millions of users is the worst thing that can happen to them...
Millions of users? How did you come to that number? As for losing just a couple hundred coins/points, wrong again. I've lost thousands of coins per day and way too many points.
To the half watt that said losing points was irrelevent....maybe for you, don't speak for me or others.

I've tried layering trees on crops on farm two, last time I tried it worked fine. To whoever it was that wants their $20 back because they can no longer do this...good luck! There has been a warning against this for some time now, in print. You should have read it.
Hated the new changes immediately, slowed me down so much! Now I find I'm getting considerably faster at it. I've gone from 'hate' down to a strong dislike, maybe tomorrow I'll consider it a mild irritant lol Give it time! I will.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Angry Farm Town

The changing in program sucks, it too slow, and I don't like it. I will give it a chance, but the way things are now, i think i m gonna stop playing it. I don't like having to wait for avatar to catch up. Yes there were people that were hoggs on the field, but it also has to do with the speed of your internet. And beside it just a game, it not like you actually won something of money value so what it the other players get more coins or xp it a freaking game. And now it is so slow. It takes 30 minutes to harvest and plow a field and it totally sucks big time. And another thing you don't have to hire no more than 2 people to harvest or plow your fields instead of 5 or more that where the problems is by hiring to many people at one time. So maybe they should do a program that only allows you to hire no more than 2 people at a time. :mad
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:41 PM
Account Not Linked

HI all this is my 1st post however I have constantly read posts here in the forum to keep updated.

I don't like these changes at all it is slow and my browser has crashed constantly whilst trying to harvest and plow a friends farm. Personally I would rather lose the Coins/XP's to be honest I never really noticed them missing after a while.

I had a layered farm but although it could no longer be plowed I was able to delete the harvested fields to get it back to normal to re-plant so any-one having trouble doing this try logging out and going back to bulldoze it should work.
Closed Thread