Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 01 2022, 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingmanFarm View Post
Facebook announced that they would be modifying users profile to remove any political statement they may have. This was to go into effect on the 1st of Dec so I am betting that whatever they did messed up a few things and FT getting deleted could be the result.
Hi Wingman,
Anything is possible. We won't know until they reply to the developers.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 01 2022, 08:36 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
This was not an expected deactivation by Facebook as they gave no warning before they did it.
There was no warning last time either. Just sorry I forked out the Farm Pass $$$$ (Again I know this isn't the game's fault but my $$$ is tight).
Old Dec 01 2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Hi Wingman,
I'm betting it doesn't have anything to do with FB decision regarding political content, because June's Journey and other games on FB seem to be running just fine. Only Farm Town was cut off AND deleted from my shortcuts menu on my FB profile.
I will be patiently waiting for FT to work out a way for us to get back into the game AND for FT to be able to launch their own website.
To TAZ and all the mods and devs, thanks for all you do and we know you will get this latest stab in the back from FB sorted out.
Old Dec 01 2022, 09:09 PM

Default Any News?

Just wondering if facebook has shed any light on the issues this time?
Old Dec 01 2022, 09:11 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Hi Wingman,
Taz can you remind me please how long a reply from FB took last time? Thx.
Old Dec 01 2022, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Hi JNelson,

Anything you can do currently will still be saved. When you are working on your farms you are working directly through the Farm Town servers. Of course anything like sending gifts, posting facilities, trying to hire, or anything that has you leaving your farms will not work nor will it let you get back to your farms.
Wait, what? Are you saying that if we were logged in when FB pulled the rug, and didn't log out, we could still load and work our own farms?
I've encountered issues with squatting at the farm, mostly to do with the server not knowing what time it really is when I get back to the keyboard. But, if there are conditions under which I could at least stay connected, I might intentionally squat - if there are short term crops planted, or right around new Farm Pass time.
I don't video game. I don't TV. I Farm Town ... unless I can't and then I sit on your head. Sorry -nothin' better to do when the washing up is done.
Old Dec 01 2022, 09:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty457 View Post
Just wondering if facebook has shed any light on the issues this time?
Hi betty,
No they haven't.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 01 2022, 09:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaScobee View Post
Taz can you remind me please how long a reply from FB took last time? Thx.
Hi LisaScobee,
No I can't as I am not a member of the Slashkey staff so would not know what the particulars were of the process.
Old Dec 01 2022, 09:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.S View Post
Wait, what? Are you saying that if we were logged in when FB pulled the rug, and didn't log out, we could still load and work our own farms?
I've encountered issues with squatting at the farm, mostly to do with the server not knowing what time it really is when I get back to the keyboard. But, if there are conditions under which I could at least stay connected, I might intentionally squat - if there are short term crops planted, or right around new Farm Pass time.
I don't video game. I don't TV. I Farm Town ... unless I can't and then I sit on your head. Sorry -nothin' better to do when the washing up is done.
Hi George S,
Keeping your farms open and squatting on someone else's farms are 2 different things. If you are hired for a job on someone's farm that hire expires after a time period to prevent the squatting waiting on more crops.
Last time this happened I happened to have my farms open and didn't close them. I lasted about 3 days and lost it when my computer did an update and automatically restarted.
Old Dec 01 2022, 09:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Farm Town is down again as of early morning 1st Dec 2022.

Farm Town has been Deactivated by Facebook again.

We do apologize, but we had no prior warning that this was going to happen.

The developers are looking into the latest reasons for why this has happened again and that will take some time.

We do not have any time frame for you yet as to when the game might be back up again.

We will update the Announcement in the forum as soon as we have more information to add!

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

Once again, we can only apologize for the inconvenience caused!
It would be nice if you could post this on the FB page for this game. I do look there first for an explanation of what happened.

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error