Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 23 2010, 09:20 AM

Arrow Receiving-sending-exchanging Gifts

This thread is for reporting problems concerning any problems with gifts.

Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread.

Thank you.

------------------------------------------

CLICK HERE to see how use the NEW - Gift Manager and to see what the changes are with the Send Gifts tab and My Requests tab on the Website.

Send Gifts tab and the My Requests tab are deactivated!
You will see messages on both of those tabs directing you to use the Gift Manager within the game.
Train Boosts, Neighbour and Buddy Requests are also now done in game and not from My Requests.

For Instructions on how to send Farm Cash and Farm Cash Items and the Rules which are different if you created an account after the 28th July 2023 CLICK HERE

------------------------------------------

UPDATE July 28th, 5:20PM There is a new rule for *new* players signing up in the new website when sending Farm Cash gifts to other players.
They can send as much Farm Cash as they have bought themselves, Farm Cash earned by leveling up or any other way cannot be sent to other players. This is to mitigate the creation of fake accounts in the new website with the sole purpose of leveling up and sending Farm Cash to other players.
Rules for accounts created BEFORE that date remain the same as they were.

General rules for gifting:
  1. You can send gifts every 8 hours.

2. If you own the Gifting Machines you can send more often, increase gifts received and increase gift box capacity for gifts (not ingredients).

3. If you can't remember when you last sent gifts today you can open your tool box and click on the Show Times icon (clock). Look in the Gamewide section for Resend Gifts. If you have a green check mark next to that you can send gifts. If there is a time showing instead of a green check mark, that is how long you have to wait until you can send them again.

4. The Pending section can show you up to 100 gifts at a time.

5. Over 1600 Gifts on the number on your Pending section of the Gift Manager and you can start running into problems with no more gifts being added. If you get to over 1000 then the safest thing to do is start accepting them.

6. There are a few things to keep in mind if you are not accepting gifts daily or get a considerable mount of them daily:

1. The amount of Neighbours and Buddies that you have, that could be sending you gifts either daily or multiple times a day. Some farmers will have the gifting machines that allow them to send as often as every 2 hours so some could be sending gifts more often daily than other farmers will be able to.

2. Pending gifts that are not accepted in a 60 day time frame will be removed automatically.

7. Other Wall Requests - when sending a Requested gift like a "Send Hen Eggs" you can just click on the link and it will be sent without loading the game or you needing to reload the Other Wall Requests page.

8. Your My Gifts Section can hold up to 130 ingredients/bonuses.

Experiencing Difficulties With Gifting?:

• You can only send gifts to those that are on your Neighbour or Buddy List.

If you receive a gift from someone that is not on your Neighbour or Buddy List you will need to add them as either a Neighbour or a Buddy for them to show up on one of your Lists to be able to send them gifts regularly and easily.

• If you you know your friends have sent you gifts today but they are not showing up in Pending Gifts of the Gift Manager Requests try clearing your Farm Town Memcache then reload the the game.
    To clear your FT memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then check again.

• You can also try logging out of the website, close your browser and log back in. You will need to know your login details before you do this.

• Make sure you are regularly checking for computer and browser updates and doing your routine browser clearing. You can also ty clearing your Browser's cache/history, then close and reopen your browser.
    Click HERE for instructions on clearing your browser's cache.

• When exchanging gifts, remember, you need to click on the 'exchange' button after choosing a new gift. Otherwise, you will receive the original gift that was sent to you.

• When posting in this thread the moderation team may need to visit your farm so please include a link to your farm in your post. The Link your Account at the top of the forum plays up sometimes so you will need to do so manually.
    Click HERE for instructions on how to get your Farm link.

To make suggestion for Gifts please post in Gifts on the gift page/gifting

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2023 at 03:53 PM.
Old Feb 10 2022, 10:25 AM

....I recently purchased the red gift machine which should multiply my gifts by 4 however I am only receiving times 3......
Old Feb 10 2022, 10:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuzlady View Post
....I recently purchased the red gift machine which should multiply my gifts by 4 however I am only receiving times 3......
Hi cactuzlady,
Please provide your Farm Town ID so we can check this. You can find that number in the banner above your farm.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 28 2022, 10:07 AM

Can I send my neighbor a Farm Cash facility? How do I do that without her having to buy it from me.
Old Feb 28 2022, 10:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDoe View Post
Can I send my neighbor a Farm Cash facility? How do I do that without her having to buy it from me.
Hi PapaDoe,
Yes you can but you can't send them one you already own.

You have to go to the store, find the one you want to get for them and click on Send instead of Buy. Then it will show you a list of your neighbors to send it to.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 03 2022, 06:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi tripod

I moved your post to the thread about Gifts.

Are you getting the friends lists when you try to send gifts or trains boost requests?

Please be sure your browser is up to date and also if 3rd party cookies and pop ups are still allowed in that browser.
You have instructions on how to check cookies and pop ups in the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If those dont work for you, then try the same but using another updated browser which also had 3rd party cookies and pop ups allowed.

i am getting the same error access denied when i try to send out my trains again this morning... i have allowed 3rd party pop ups and cookies.....ugg
Old Mar 03 2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod View Post
i am getting the same error access denied when i try to send out my trains again this morning... i have allowed 3rd party pop ups and cookies.....ugg
Hi tripod

Be sure your browser is up to data and also if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

Please close your browser and restart your computer and see if that cleared the error.

You can also try another updated browser with 3rd party cookies and pop ups allowed.

If you wish you can contact Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you dont find the automatic response, then read the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old Mar 04 2022, 01:05 PM

Default Getting Blocked from Game

I have played this game for many years. While getting gifts in the Free FT gifts option and or clicking on posts for ingredients, I get blocked. This is taking the fun out of this game. I am not enjoying feeling like I am doing to well in the game. What is going on. This has NEVER happened before. I am not playing any differently now as I have played in the past. Used to love playing but now...not so much.
Old Mar 04 2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrajean View Post
I have played this game for many years. While getting gifts in the Free FT gifts option and or clicking on posts for ingredients, I get blocked. This is taking the fun out of this game. I am not enjoying feeling like I am doing to well in the game. What is going on. This has NEVER happened before. I am not playing any differently now as I have played in the past. Used to love playing but now...not so much.
Hi sandrajean

I moved your post about Gifting.

You are being blocked by Facebook not from the game.

Those sites are not supported by Slashkey but we know that some of them had problems when their users try to get gifts in block.

You have to contact those sites administrators or send a complain to Facebook if you wish.
Old Mar 04 2022, 04:23 PM

Default Error when sending gifts

At times, when I'm sending gifts back to those who have sent me a gift, I will click to send to all, but a window pops up saying there is an error. It doesn't happen always. But it's happening more often than usual. Is this something other players are experiencing? Thanks

Playing Farm Town since May 12, 2009!

Tags
bugs and glitches, flowers, fuel, gifts, gifts issues, help & support