Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Nov 06 2012, 01:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshoes View Post
The best advice I can give is to ignore it. Folks are looking to get a rise out of you. If you find kind farmers that will come do the work and thank you for it, add them to your buddy list so you can hire them again; that is if they're in the marketplace.

Keep in mind there are a lot of juveniles playing the game, you can pick them out just by the way they act or ask to be hired. For example, plsssssssssss hireeeeeeeeeee meeeee.

I have had my share of rudeness over the last few years and trust me, just ignore them. If you encounter it on your farm, or in the marketplace, click on their avatar and click on ignore. If they are abusive, click their avatar and choose report.

Good luck.
If someone wants the extra crops from hiring at the marketplace I wouldn't add the good hires to your buddy list, but keep a written list so that you could look at the list when hiring from the marketplace, now if you don't worry about the extra crops then yes I would add them to your buddy list. I don't know if the extra crops is worth worrying about or not, I am into mostly decorating right now instead of worrying about my facilities. I agree with the rest of your post, some people are just rude, that is why I don't go to the marketplace, especially since I have some big tools to do my own.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Nov 06 2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
If someone wants the extra crops from hiring at the marketplace I wouldn't add the good hires to your buddy list, but keep a written list so that you could look at the list when hiring from the marketplace, now if you don't worry about the extra crops then yes I would add them to your buddy list. I don't know if the extra crops is worth worrying about or not, I am into mostly decorating right now instead of worrying about my facilities. I agree with the rest of your post, some people are just rude, that is why I don't go to the marketplace, especially since I have some big tools to do my own.
I wonder if the bonus box may in some cases have the effect of making us reluctant to make buddies or neighbours out of good workers we come across. Most of my old neighbours were people I hired, liked, and eventually friended.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Nov 07 2012, 12:13 PM
Account Not Linked

Sometime when I hired someone who stating they have all tools and finds out they lied, but how can I fired the player before it finished it off?

Last edited by Tony D; Nov 07 2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old Nov 07 2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbugger View Post
Sometime when I hired someone who stating they have all tools and finds out they lied, but how can I fired the player before it finished it off?
Hi, I moved your post to
general feedback. There is no way to fire a worker, sorry.
Old Nov 07 2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregh View Post
I wonder if the bonus box may in some cases have the effect of making us reluctant to make buddies or neighbours out of good workers we come across. Most of my old neighbours were people I hired, liked, and eventually friended.
It's definitely made me regret that I recently added my favorite market workers as friends and neighbors. C'est la vie ....

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Nov 09 2012, 07:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rita's farm Send a message via Yahoo to Rita's farm

thanks all for your responses, After I posted the person wanted to be friends and decided they where just joking,in saying that I really at that point didn't care and would not respond back to any thing they where saying.I have 16 farms also all expanded to the limit.I had read here where people where suggesting we hire to help newbies,i may have to stay a unfriendly farmer!!!
Old Nov 14 2012, 07:26 AM

I find it hard to find anyone who will shake my trees in the market. You need a shaker to do them, and more often than not, I end up with someone without a shaker. They never seem to know about the dimmer switch and the last one left my fruit farm a mess. I finished it up myself. Couldn't bring myself to end up with another person with out a shaker, or even hire someone to clean up that mess. The trees are relatively easy with a shaker and dimmer switch, but not without. I only started hiring them done because of the extra box and I could use more of some of the fruit. But, I am about to start doing it myself. I am wasting too much time trying to find someone to do them and then to have to redo them, it is way to big of a waste of time. There should be some sort of notification when hiring that tells you if they do or do not have the tool for the job. I don't mind hiring people without tools to harvest and plow. They normally do great, but my fruit trees are another matter. I don't want to hire anyone who does not have a shaker.
Old Nov 14 2012, 01:31 PM

Many people seem to be only interested in harvesting and do nothing else or I agree leave it in a mess so you spend more time going over things by yourself.But hiring someone when you have a 30 x30field and they have no tools takes them along tiime and they rarely finish it properly either.
Old Nov 14 2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneycs View Post
Many people seem to be only interested in harvesting and do nothing else or I agree leave it in a mess so you spend more time going over things by yourself.But hiring someone when you have a 30 x30field and they have no tools takes them along tiime and they rarely finish it properly either.
I don't have trouble most of the time when I hire someone to harvest and plow, though most of my fields are 24 by 24. Occasionally Ill have a worker leave without finishing. However, I have had people without tools do an entire layered field. I think alot of the people without tools are great workers, they just don't always know what they are getting into when they take a job, such as my tree farm, it is just too hard to do without tools. I would never hire someone to work it if I knew they didn't have tools, but if I took the time to make sure they had them, they would be hired by someone else. People are always grabbing up workers who volunteer for the job I am offering. I am just too slow sending out the request. I am not going to stop and ask questions.
Old Nov 14 2012, 10:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
I don't have trouble most of the time when I hire someone to harvest and plow, though most of my fields are 24 by 24. Occasionally Ill have a worker leave without finishing. However, I have had people without tools do an entire layered field. I think alot of the people without tools are great workers, they just don't always know what they are getting into when they take a job, such as my tree farm, it is just too hard to do without tools. I would never hire someone to work it if I knew they didn't have tools, but if I took the time to make sure they had them, they would be hired by someone else. People are always grabbing up workers who volunteer for the job I am offering. I am just too slow sending out the request. I am not going to stop and ask questions.
I don't go to the market a lot, I usually do my farms myself, my farms are big, but I don't have just crops on them, but when I do I usually use this message in chat "I am looking for 1 person to harvest and plow an big overlapping field". Then when we get to the farm I ask if they want to do it themselves or if they need help and I tell them I am in no hurry and if they don't want to do the whole thing, no problem I will finish what they don't finish. Most of the time they work by themselves and they finish or get like 95% done.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.