Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 22 2019, 10:47 AM

Default Gifts

From the Wall Requests for gifts.
When I said the above - I was referring to the prior posts on gifting. Same issue.
I can accept gifts, but after a few are processed - freezes on the resending back to the original sender. I tried to do a work around and send to the people that sent to me and froze - says already sent today. The returning of gifts is freezing. Did I make myself clear this time?
PS. I've cleared everything. This has been happening sporadically for a while now.
Old Jun 22 2019, 11:02 AM

Default Gifts

Just tried to receive/return gifts again. Worked for 2, froze on the 3rd.
Old Jun 22 2019, 11:12 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VondaK View Post
From the Wall Requests for gifts.
When I said the above - I was referring to the prior posts on gifting. Same issue.
I can accept gifts, but after a few are processed - freezes on the resending back to the original sender. I tried to do a work around and send to the people that sent to me and froze - says already sent today. The returning of gifts is freezing. Did I make myself clear this time?
PS. I've cleared everything. This has been happening sporadically for a while now.
Quote:
Just tried to receive/return gifts again. Worked for 2, froze on the 3rd.
Hi VondaK,

If it's not happening every time you send/return gifts then perhaps you are having some problem with your browser. Intermittent issues are problematic to find to be able to resolve.

If the game is telling you you have already sent a gift to them, then you have. Check the Show Times (Gamewide section) in the Tool box. That will tell you when you can next send gifts.

For the freezing issue. Have you checked to see if your browsers need updating? If you are using a browser that does not have a built in flash player, like Chrome, have you tried uninstalling flash player and reinstalling it?

Which browsers have you tried, that this is happening on?
Old Jun 22 2019, 11:47 AM

Default Gifts

Then it's happening with 2 browsers which are updated. I know about the resending gift times. These are ones that froze on trying to return the gift. Shows sent and I couldn't send because it froze. I don't know what is going on, but not happy.
I use Edge and Firefox. I will not use chrome. There's enough spying going on with these two and from what I hear - google is worse.
I would think that it's my computer, but from the prior recent posts - I'm not the only one having this issue.
Old Jun 22 2019, 12:36 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Then it's happening with 2 browsers which are updated. I know about the resending gift times. These are ones that froze on trying to return the gift. Shows sent and I couldn't send because it froze. I don't know what is going on, but not happy.
I use Edge and Firefox. I will not use chrome. There's enough spying going on with these two and from what I hear - google is worse.
I would think that it's my computer, but from the prior recent posts - I'm not the only one having this issue.
Hi VondaK,

As far as we know FB never got Edge working correctly for everyone. The problems with Edge and IE are more likely to happen when you have a lot of friends. However the issue FB was fixing was about the lists not showing when sending gifts from the send gift page and boosting trains, not that it was freezing returning gifts in my requests and it still won't work for users with a lot of friends for those.

We are unable to reproduce your issues in Firefox. At this time we are unsure if the most recent posts from other members are also still using Edge or Firefox.

All I can suggest is you report this to support, perhaps they have more reports on this than are in the forum. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Old Jun 22 2019, 02:00 PM

Default Gifts

Thank you. Never have been able to boost trains from Edge. Edge is terrible...lol Usually Firefox is dependable and I boost my trains from there - in fact just did. However, the freezing is there, too. So I will take your advice and report it. I do appreciate you all and your efforts. This is my "go to" game and enjoy it so very much. Thank you again.
Old Jun 22 2019, 11:02 PM

Default Gifts

Don't know if this will help, but it has something to do with Adobe Flash. Had no problems sending gifts in Edge until I had an animal and had to activate (allow) Adobe Flash. Then it froze again. Closed my browser, went in to do the rest of the gifts and worked fine without Adobe allowed. Just an FYI.
Thanks again for your help.
Old Jun 22 2019, 11:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Don't know if this will help, but it has something to do with Adobe Flash. Had no problems sending gifts in Edge until I had an animal and had to activate (allow) Adobe Flash. Then it froze again. Closed my browser, went in to do the rest of the gifts and worked fine without Adobe allowed. Just an FYI.
Thanks again for your help.
Hi VondaK,
Please pass all the information on to Support as they are the ones who can try to help you with this now.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 23 2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi dnreynolds,
What browser are you using?
Hi Taz, sorry, just saw your message. I use Edge .. but, the problem seems to have worked itself out. When I went into FT last night, everything worked as usual. Thanks so much.
Old Jun 23 2019, 10:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnreynolds View Post
Hi Taz, sorry, just saw your message. I use Edge .. but, the problem seems to have worked itself out. When I went into FT last night, everything worked as usual. Thanks so much.
Hi dnreynolds,
As far as we know Edge does have problems and Facebook was supposed to be working on that, but our testing has not shown they have fixed it so Edge is more a hit or miss when it comes to getting the lists. The only thing I can suggest is if Edge won't show the lists when you want to send gifts try another browser for that and then go back to Edge for the rest of your farming.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
blocked gifts list, can't send gifts, can't send gifts trains, cannot receive gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift box issue, gift errors, gifting, gifts, gifts not showing up, lost gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows