Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated
Old Jan 10 2021, 12:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo View Post
For days I tried to enter the HTML5 version by using the Edge, Opera and Firefox and i couldn't enter Farm Town. I decided to download Chrome.

From the webpage http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650382 i chose:

"5.FarmTown game with user farms, no compression, with caching (slow to load, please be patient):
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?build=22&dev=1
You should see your default farm."

And i was able to enter my default farm and visit another farm where i plowed some fields.

I bookmarked the website https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?build=22&dev=1 , closed it and i then i went to the bookmarks, i clicked the above bookmarked Farm Town URL and i entered the HTML5 version after a short delay.

Is this how i will be entering the HTML5 Farm Town in the future?

the #6 did not work.
Hi Edmo,
That link was only a simple load to test to see if you could enter.

You need to click on the link in the left column of your Facebook home page to open the Farm Town page for the Flash version though you may not have Flash to be able to open the farms, then click on the link at the top of your farms for "Click here to try the HTML5 version of the game". That will get you to the current HTML release.

When the Flash version is no longer available then the developers will change the link on your Facebook home page to go directly to the current HTML version.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 10 2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Sammac,
Your friend was able to get to your farms because their Chrome is correctly set up.

For 5 & 6 at least it showed you the farms. It could be you were not logged into Facebook when you did those tests in which it would not know your ID to show the correct farms.

Please try something for me. Please check that you have cookies and pop ups allowed according to the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
I have done all that and still cannot get in the HTML5 version. Also I still have no rotating cube which I did have before. Am I going to lose this who;e game? I hop not. I have been playing since 2009.
Old Jan 10 2021, 04:16 PM

I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature that has not been enabled yet. When I go to plant crops in the flash version and click to go down one page, it goes down one page. In the HTML5 version, it does not go down one page. The bottom pairing of the seed choices still shows at the top after hitting just above the arrow. I am not sure if I am explaining this properly. I have screen image captures that I could send in a document, not sure if it will let me do that. Please advise. Thanks.
Old Jan 10 2021, 04:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammac17 View Post
I have done all that and still cannot get in the HTML5 version. Also I still have no rotating cube which I did have before. Am I going to lose this who;e game? I hop not. I have been playing since 2009.
Hi Sammac,
The rotating cube link is not working right now. It is not something disigned by the developers , so nothing they can do about it right now.

Did you use the instructions in the link I gave you for allowing the cookies and pop ups in Chrome?
Have you rerun the tests 5 & 6 while being logged into Facebook?

What do you see when you try to open the HTML version?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 10 2021, 04:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by betjohns View Post
I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature that has not been enabled yet. When I go to plant crops in the flash version and click to go down one page, it goes down one page. In the HTML5 version, it does not go down one page. The bottom pairing of the seed choices still shows at the top after hitting just above the arrow. I am not sure if I am explaining this properly. I have screen image captures that I could send in a document, not sure if it will let me do that. Please advise. Thanks.
Hi betjohns,
I am not sure I would call it a bug. Just different settings for how many the blocks it moves. In Flash it moves down 10 and in the HTML it moves down 8. This may be something they can adjust later after they get the rest of the game added and working.
Old Jan 10 2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Hi betjohns,
I am not sure I would call it a bug. Just different settings for how many the blocks it moves. In Flash it moves down 10 and in the HTML it moves down 8. This may be something they can adjust later after they get the rest of the game added and working.
Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.
Old Jan 10 2021, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Hi Edmo,
That link was only a simple load to test to see if you could enter.

You need to click on the link in the left column of your Facebook home page to open the Farm Town page for the Flash version though you may not have Flash to be able to open the farms, then click on the link at the top of your farms for "Click here to try the HTML5 version of the game". That will get you to the current HTML release.

When the Flash version is no longer available then the developers will change the link on your Facebook home page to go directly to the current HTML version.
Taz D, I followed your directions, the Unity logo appeared, the bar was filled up, the Farm Town logo appeared and after about 1 minute the gray screen appeared with an error message telling me to see my browser's Javascript console. The error was at abort(138) at Error at .. and there are all these links that i have no idea what they mean. The problem is that all morning i was looking for the Javascript console on Edge, Firefox and Opera and I could not find it. What's next?
Old Jan 10 2021, 05:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo View Post
Taz D, I followed your directions, the Unity logo appeared, the bar was filled up, the Farm Town logo appeared and after about 1 minute the gray screen appeared with an error message telling me to see my browser's Javascript console. The error was at abort(138) at Error at .. and there are all these links that i have no idea what they mean. The problem is that all morning i was looking for the Javascript console on Edge, Firefox and Opera and I could not find it. What's next?
Hi Edmo,
Please treport this to Support. Java should not be needed for Farm Town that I know of. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

I would take pictures of those error messages. Support will let you know if they need them.
Old Jan 10 2021, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Hi Edmo,
Please treport this to Support. Java should not be needed for Farm Town that I know of. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

I would take pictures of those error messages. Support will let you know if they need them.
Taz D, thank you very much for your advice. I will do it.

In my previous message i tried to upload a snap of the image but it needed an URL. I uploaded the image of the error onn my timeline, then i opened it and i used the Facebook URL of the image but the Forum did not accept it.

Here is the image. I hope you can see it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...88095882461521
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl