Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 11:44 AM
Account Not Linked

Please don't. Give it a few weeks until farmers adjust. Most of what you're hearing is negative feed back. Those of us who like the new version sometimes neglect to thank you. So, THANKYOU.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:45 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Suggestion

Perhaps you could limit the number of hired farmers to a ratio that would be ideal. So XX unharvested trees/fields allows one to hire XX farmers. As your farm gets larger, you can hire more people to tend it. Seems 3 is about the most you'd ever want on a farm at one time. If that's too complex, maybe it's about canvas size, not the number of fields.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:47 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeLy View Post
Thank you for listening to your users, it is appreciated. Limiting hires is an option. However, it is a game and meant to be competitive. Each farmer has the choice of leaving if there are too many others. Many in the marketplace make it clear that they only want solo jobs. They seem to be hired. Personally, I generally hire one rarely two. The game seems to move faster that way. But, I like having the freedom to choose how many to hire.

Forcing farmers to stay until the harvest has been completed has also been suggested. That I oppose. Most of us have lives after all and life can get in the way of a game. If one needs to leave, one should be able to do so.
I agree completely.
Put it back to the way it was. And for Heaven's sake, get rid of the "Wait...I'm busy" for good. That is unnecessary.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:49 AM

I"ll take the old way back any time
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:50 AM

ok... I love this game. For those that are saying it is as fast it in NOT! I am a consistant worker, I always work in rows and neatly. I work fast because I have DSL and a new puter. I work and chat. Now I cant. It takes so long to plow it is frustrating. Click.. wait.. click ... wait. Ummm NO. Harvesting was a little better but not much. I did go to market and hire out in order to try for myself and I hate the changes that were rolled out on the 22. I have been playing since spring, and I remember when we were like this before and I woldnt go to market, only worked for friends. Please roll back to pre Dec 22nd so I can continue to play. I dont have time to play like it is now.
I love the game and think the Dev do a great job overall... but this one was a step back!
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:50 AM

My two cents... pleased that you are going back to queued harvesting. In favor of limiting workers, but not too small a number please. At least 4 at a time, maybe even 6 for large farms. Thanks! And I won't stop playing no matter what you do.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:51 AM

well this new version does NOT work on layered farms! so we need it to go back ASAP..
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:52 AM
Account Not Linked

Oh please no change it back i don't like the new way it is to slow i don't have that much time on my hands...im sorry but i can't play untill you change it back again im sorry.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
Every time you do an update, you have people complaining. You can't please everyone all of the time.

This is a social game. In less than a year, you have 28M people playing. So it shows that people like the game.

This new way is an improvement, as far as speed goes, from FT v1, yet much slower than the queued version. People screamed bloody murder when queued harvesting/plowing was released. Some loved it, some hated it.

I believe the faster queued version speed destroyed the social aspect. Most people do not hang out and talk while plowing or waiting for the meters to fill. They do their job and leave. As quickly as possible, moving to the next job. I've not met and and buddied/became friends with one person that I have hired from the Marketplace because they wanted to hang out & chat. Most of my buddies/neighbors are from before this fast plowing/harvesting or just recently from the forum.

If this version stops people from losing xps/coins, especially since they are not being replaced, then I think this is a better version... for the moment. If you lose some players, then so be it... you will gain others. And you can still figure out an alternative.

However, that alternative should NOT be limiting the amount of workers. I harvest with friends, and have done so since I started the game. Its very rare that I even bother working from the marketplace. With friends, I can work with from one up to 20 people and have fun. I am here for the social aspect of the game, to meet people.. not to zoom up levels or become a millionaire in days.

Even when I hire from the marketplace, the farm with 488 crops, I usually hire one or two people. The one with 1024 crops, I hire four when hiring from the MP.. only friends will my 1024 crops to themselves. It is PURE GREED people who are begging you to go back to the fast version and limit it to one or two people. That's just ludicrous. People looking for work in the marketplace would get LESS WORK, because players would stick with their friends. I'd rather make my friends rich than some random strangers in the Marketplace.

If I had to hire one person from the Marketplace to harvest, and one to plow, I WOULD NOT BE PLAYING.

I VOTE TO KEEP THIS SLOWER VERSION, while trying to come up with a sensible alternative.

You had players BEFORE you added "turbo harvesting/plowing" and you'll continue to have and gain players without it.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of posts from people who are losing xps/coins, and reverting to the previous way is just basically flipping them the bird, especially since you aren't reimbursing them. It's not fair at all to them. I can't even believe the amount of posts now that say "Oh so what about a few xps/coins lost.." You have people complaining of not reaching levels because of lost xps...

Please reconsider.

Old Dec 23 2009, 11:57 AM

for those who are worrying about the "friends harvest parties" being stopped because they might limit the number of workers to hire .. come on guys .. you dont have to be WORKING on a farm to CHAT. Many of my friends and I hang out at one of our farms ... and if someone needs work done, one or two of us do the work, while the others of us hang out and just chat. if you feel you MUST be WORKING to chat, I am sorry for that. You can chat without working .. yes, not everyone will get the points, but you could switch off .. Ok so and so works this farm while the others chat, and next time one of us needs help, others get to work while we all chat. simple fix there.
Closed Thread