Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 25 2009, 08:07 PM

Default new updates

love the new updates and all the new trees but was wondering why we can't store the cherry blossom, dogwood or azalea's for spring when the time would be correct for them. The autumn tree can be stored, would just like the new ones to be stored as well.
Old Nov 25 2009, 08:18 PM

Default Missing XPs

I believe many if not most of the farmers who insist their coins/XPs are missing are only encountering some minor glitches which I've noticed.

1) For example, let's say I hide trees to plow a 100 square field. I click all 100 squares, but my avatar has only recovered the first 20 squares (registering 20 points) when I "unhide" trees. As soon as I unhide trees (flowers, buildings,) all 100 points will register. BUT I decide to stay until the other 80 squares are recovered. The counter will at that point double count and add another 80 on to my total = 180 (or 80 more than I have actually plowed). As soon as I leave and go home or to the market, the counter will deduct the extra 80, making it appear as if it is deducting points, when in fact it is only correctly recalculating.

2) at times when I do not appear to have received coins for harvesting, the coins always show up the next time I log in to Farm Town. They also sometimes show up at my next job harvesting or plowing.

3) there is a timing issue when I harvest with others in that often I still see the crops on my screen that the other harvester(s) has already gotten. If I am not careful, I will harvest these "phantom" crops only to discover that Im not getting coin for them (since the other harvester got them already). When I harvest with others, I watch my coins each time I click on a field. If the coins don't increase, then I know I've encountered a "phantom" field.

4) there is also a timing issue with plowing in that my screen shows unplowed fields that in fact have been plowed by the other person(s) working with me. When I click on these "phantom" fields, a plowed square immediately appears (instead of the whitened square with "0%") and I don't receive XPs. So I watch out for these squares and dont get tricked into thinking I've plowed them. Sometimes I will ask the farmer to rehire me for plowing (or harvesting per #3) and that gives me an updated screen, taking care of the problem.

Sorry this is so long but I suspect recalculating/reloading issues and phantom crops/plowed squares are responsible for most of the "missing coin/XP" complaints.
Old Nov 25 2009, 08:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Its related to relational database You will have to read RDMS to understand this
Old Nov 25 2009, 09:28 PM

Wow! Thank you! Im back!!!!!!!
Old Nov 25 2009, 09:34 PM

Thank you for all the improvements and new items. I just love them. Makes for fun playing again. Hope to see more land soon. I am running out of space to add all the new things.
Old Nov 25 2009, 10:22 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Question About new trees for sell

What level do you have to be at the buy the new trees in the store.?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 25 2009, 10:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzTechLady View Post
What level do you have to be at the buy the new trees in the store.?

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264550

Old Nov 25 2009, 10:52 PM
Just Brilliant ( Level 26 )

Farmer Since: Aug 26 2009
Level:
Trophies: 10
XP:
Default Farmtown

I used my hard earned coins to start my river---I guess the government found out and they have now taken both my coins and my river...I'm sure it must be through imminent domain..../sarc

Seriously, until some of the glitches are fixed, I see no sense in playing this one...

Visit Judy's Sunshine Creek Farm

Old Nov 25 2009, 11:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

thanks for the info.

Visit 's Farm

Old Nov 25 2009, 11:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to Fatt Chai

Hope farmtown can be upgrade again,bcoz i m lvl 60 now....can do anything...no challenge
Closed Thread