Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 27 2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janisko View Post
I understand and do that myself but people still get irate when they see the game information on their walls. There is even a group people have joined that says they don't want to know about your mafia, your farm or your fish!

I feel it is my responsibility not to spam their walls with information they don't want.
I agree with you Janisko. I have friends that don't play any games and a few that have even joined that group you mentioned. And, I have some work related friends that I don't want to share my silliness (additions?) with.

On the publish screen, you can change the privacy settings and choose to only send to specific people. You can list each person, or, what I did was create a list of just my Farmtown friends by clicking on the account settings and going to "edit friends". On the friends list, I used the "create a new list" and chose the friends that play the game with me. Now, when I go to publish, I change the privacy settings to "certain people" and choose my FarmTown Friends list....then I click on publish. That way my request appears on ONLY my FarmTown friends that are interested and share my love of the game.

Don't know if that's something you'd like to try, but it's another way around spamming everyone with our fun.

Oooops.....sorry....saw you posted before I could.

Carole's Tree Heaven = http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1625093603
(we hope! )

Last edited by CaroleSB; Mar 27 2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Cause Janisko replied faster than I did. :)
Old Mar 27 2010, 04:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I understand and do that myself (blocking apps) but people still get irate when they see the game information on their walls. There is even a group people have joined that says they don't want to know about your mafia, your farm or your fish!

I did finally figure out that the tab key would work but that doesn't work either. Sure, I can see the SAVE button and click on it but it doesn't actually save your list. You'd have to type every name every day when you want to send the message.

I feel it is MY responsibility not to spam all the walls with information they don't want. The system needs to have the ability to save our customized lists like it says it will.
As for people getting irate when they see the game information tell them to hide the app. I think this is a new FB feature so a lot of people may not know about it so just tell them how to hide the app, if they get mad at you later because you are "spamming" their news feeds tell them to either deal with it or hide or block the app. If you block the app it also hides the wall posts for that app for you. Now in the past I could understand people getting upset by all the posts from games they don't play but now they can get rid of them and if they choose not to then it is their problem not yours, in my opinion.

As for having to put each persons name in every time you will have to do that to block some people from seeing some of you wall post but not all of them, but here is an easier way to do it. Create a list of some of your friends name it anything you want. You can have as many lists as you want for the different apps or what ever. Now when you go to post something on your wall that you want to block from some people click on customize then click on specific people, now type in the name you gave that list of people and click on it when it comes up. Now click on save and post and you are done only the people in that list will see the wall post.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 27 2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyponies View Post
I second that! Just want to send it to my FT friends. Please!
Yes, please - one of the reasons I won't play Farmville is the constant requests for help to build a barn, etc. - hiding the FV app doesn't help. Could the request for help be sent as a message instead? Many of my neighbors are not playing any more, and I don't want to appear as a nag.

Other than this one thing, the updates are fine - love the new seeds!
Old Mar 27 2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
As for people getting irate when they see the game information tell them to hide the app. I think this is a new FB feature so a lot of people may not know about it so just tell them how to hide the app, if they get mad at you later because you are "spamming" their news feeds tell them to either deal with it or hide or block the app. If you block the app it also hides the wall posts for that app for you. Now in the past I could understand people getting upset by all the posts from games they don't play but now they can get rid of them and if they choose not to then it is their problem not yours, in my opinion.

As for having to put each persons name in every time you will have to do that to block some people from seeing some of you wall post but not all of them, but here is an easier way to do it. Create a list of some of your friends name it anything you want. You can have as many lists as you want for the different apps or what ever. Now when you go to post something on your wall that you want to block from some people click on customize then click on specific people, now type in the name you gave that list of people and click on it when it comes up. Now click on save and post and you are done only the people in that list will see the wall post.
OK, I've made my Farmtown Friends list, but would still rather be able to send the request as a message, rather than post to friends' walls.
Old Mar 27 2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newattic View Post
The Easter items are not showing up in the gifts I can give to my friends.....any suggestions as to why?
Your friend has to:
1/ go to the store
2/ go to easter tab
3/ click the little gift box on the item he/she wants, and then

4/ Post the request

Then you can send it via the link in the post. You can get gifts this way too!
Old Mar 27 2010, 04:58 PM

LOL my friend, who is NOT an "Internet" person and almost never posts anything to her wall, posted today for help at her farm!! (l made 11,000 coins!)

lf she can do it, so can everyone! LOL
Old Mar 27 2010, 05:18 PM
Apprentice ( Level 4 )

Farmer Since: Oct 10 2010
Level:
Trophies: 1
XP:

I can't get my produce faster button to work. When I click on it it just says processing request and stays that way forever. My farm is on myspace...I don't use the one on Facebook, and I am wondering if this glitch is only on the myspace version since I am reading where some people have gotten it to work.

Visit Laura's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 27 2010, 05:27 PM

Default I Found The Answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post

THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU... I figured it out! The problem was that it takes time for the applications to recognize the lists. It took quite awhile but it FINALLY recognizes my FT Friends list now.

I think I also finally understand the frustrations people are having when they don't understand how the new facilities and sheds operate. This is my first real frustration with FT.

Thank you again and to the developers who have created such a fun experience for all of us.

Waterfall Orchard
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1633494858
Fully decorated farms on #1 and #11

Retirement Dream
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000263088048
Fully decorated farm on #1
Old Mar 27 2010, 06:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU... I figured it out! The problem was that it takes time for the applications to recognize the lists. It took quite awhile but it FINALLY recognizes my FT Friends list now.

I think I also finally understand the frustrations people are having when they don't understand how the new facilities and sheds operate. This is my first real frustration with FT.

Thank you again and to the developers who have created such a fun experience for all of us.
Your welcome.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 27 2010, 06:09 PM

Thanks for continuing to add new things to the game. It's appreciated!

Windy Poplars Farm
Closed Thread