Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old May 23 2016, 05:09 PM

Since the update fewer and fewer factory posts are working at all. 5 refreshes of the browsers and the work still fails to pop up the message to start working. I have noticed, however, that this is ONLY happening when clicking the links in the Farm Town Requests list in the My Requests tab. I have been able to do the work on the first or 2nd attempt when clicking in the regular Facebook wall. Clearing the caches, the Adobe settings, and even trying different browsers makes no difference.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old May 24 2016, 07:25 AM

why does it take like nearly 20 minutes to try collect a bonus from working a job i spend my money on farm cash too try and level up quicker get work done quicker with better tools and collecting bonus takes so long is this something that is going to be worked on looked at? as it prevents me from working as it takes so long to collect
Old May 24 2016, 08:56 AM

Hi all

From Raul's notes for the New Release:

Known issues

- Facebook just confirmed that they introduced a bug recently that do not allow games in Facebook on accounts with lot of friends (more than 4000) to retrieve the full list of friends. This is currently affecting all the areas that requires friend interaction like boosting trains, working facilities, adding neighbours, etc for those users. They say they are currently working on a solution.

In the meantime, we just released a temporal workaround that just assume for now that your facebook friend list is the same as your neighbour list, at least this way you can go now and send gifts to your neighbours again and start working your neighbours facilities again.

However those users with more than 4000 friends will not be able to interact with most of their friends, only their neighbours, until facebook provide a final resolution to the problem.

There are some exceptions, for example you can still send gifts to any of your friends if you go to the Send Gift page and select the 'Search Friends Manually' tab and search manually for your friend.

Last edited by marymarcel; May 24 2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old May 25 2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi all

From Raul's notes for the New Release:

Known issues

- Facebook just confirmed that they introduced a bug recently that do not allow games in Facebook on accounts with lot of friends (more than 4000) to retrieve the full list of friends. This is currently affecting all the areas that requires friend interaction like boosting trains, working facilities, adding neighbours, etc for those users. They say they are currently working on a solution.

In the meantime, we just released a temporal workaround that just assume for now that your facebook friend list is the same as your neighbour list, at least this way you can go now and send gifts to your neighbours again and start working your neighbours facilities again.

However those users with more than 4000 friends will not be able to interact with most of their friends, only their neighbours, until facebook provide a final resolution to the problem.

There are some exceptions, for example you can still send gifts to any of your friends if you go to the Send Gift page and select the 'Search Friends Manually' tab and search manually for your friend.
Who cares to have 3000 "friends" you don't even know anyway? Unless Justin Bieber plays then...*giggle*

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6759&farm_ix=3
Old May 25 2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamePondarosa View Post
Who cares to have 3000 "friends" you don't even know anyway? Unless Justin Bieber plays then...*giggle*
Many of us who have been playing from the beginning are on the newer players' hit lists to give them a leg up with all our extra factories and shops! This results in 15 to 20 new "friends" a day....

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old May 25 2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Many of us who have been playing from the beginning are on the newer players' hit lists to give them a leg up with all our extra factories and shops! This results in 15 to 20 new "friends" a day....
Aha got it. I have never bin able to work facilities other than my neighbours (believe be I've tried) and since you can only have between 90-110 neighbours I didnt see the point. Ingredience links works for me. Though, 4000 facebook friends seem almost scary

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6759&farm_ix=3
Old May 26 2016, 06:18 PM

I have 2902 friends. I was fine until a few days ago. So I'm assuming that it isn't the Facebook bug that is making me not see anyone but neighbors, but it is the work around. Now I can't boost trains unless they are from a neighbor. It tells me that I can only boost trains from friends. I can only see friends in My Neighbor tab. So why does the work around for the people with over 4000 friends effect my playing?
Old May 26 2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyceAnn View Post
I have 2902 friends. I was fine until a few days ago. So I'm assuming that it isn't the Facebook bug that is making me not see anyone but neighbors, but it is the work around. Now I can't boost trains unless they are from a neighbor. It tells me that I can only boost trains from friends. I can only see friends in My Neighbor tab. So why does the work around for the people with over 4000 friends effect my playing?
Hi AlyceAnn

We have sent this information to the developers.
Old May 26 2016, 07:17 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi AlyceAnn

We have sent this information to the developers.
Thanks so much!
Old May 27 2016, 07:15 PM

Can we please pretty please have the Memorial Day decorations??? The little soldiers , flags etc... So very much appreciated hugs for a great job and everything you do for us
Closed Thread