Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old Aug 14 2019, 09:05 AM

Cool What is the Point to this Game?

This isn't meant to tick anyone off but I'm wondering anymore: "What is the Point to Playing this Game?" I started playing 10 years ago when it was fun. Then I took an 8 yr. break and picked it up again about a year and a half ago. BOY had it changed!!! It seems like it's nothing more than a competition to get the most coins, the most points, the biggest farms, the highest levels. Some 46x46 farms are nothing more than trees or crops or ponds/rivers, flowers, etc. with maybe a building or 2 thrown on them. Then there are the ones with layers upon layers upon layers of different things.
So, as I'm harvesting these different things I keep wondering; what is the fun and the point to all this? It's seems more tedious than fun.
Maybe someone could share their thoughts?
Old Aug 14 2019, 09:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Ohio Buckeye View Post
This isn't meant to tick anyone off but I'm wondering anymore: "What is the Point to Playing this Game?" I started playing 10 years ago when it was fun. Then I took an 8 yr. break and picked it up again about a year and a half ago. BOY had it changed!!! It seems like it's nothing more than a competition to get the most coins, the most points, the biggest farms, the highest levels. Some 46x46 farms are nothing more than trees or crops or ponds/rivers, flowers, etc. with maybe a building or 2 thrown on them. Then there are the ones with layers upon layers upon layers of different things.
So, as I'm harvesting these different things I keep wondering; what is the fun and the point to all this? It's seems more tedious than fun.
Maybe someone could share their thoughts?
Hi Retired,
I moved your post to the Social section as that is a better place for this question rather than in Feedback.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 15 2019, 11:34 PM

"What is the Point to Playing this Game?" There are likely nearly as many different answers as there are farmers - and it can be played by all of us for our own reasons. The only competition is when anyone makes it one. XP and coins are relatively easy to come by now compared to when the game first came out. New farmers can go very far very fast with very little. Above all, for me, Farmtown allows me to focus on a challenging game to keep my brain sharp and keep my mind off of physical issues.