Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 13 2010, 07:46 PM

Woe is me!!!! How am I every going to get any housework done or even go to my real job if the Devs keep adding all this wonderful stuff to Farmtown? Thanks for all your wonderful efforts to keep engaging us in this game. I am so happy except I don't have time for much else trying to keep up....LOL!!! Thanks again and I think I want to live in Farmtown in my real life, I wonder if the Devs can do that for us! Off to buy and plant. Wahoooooooo!
Old Apr 13 2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
See post 63
LOL I saw that after I posted. I guess since I have strawberry trees in my yard at home, a cranberry tree would not be out of the question. The thing is, if I want to make strawberry jam at home, I have to either buy the strawberries or plant the plants in my garden and wait for them to procuce; the strawberries on my strawberry trees are nice for color, but not for jam
Old Apr 13 2010, 08:04 PM

Exclamation Not as enthused

All my friends were playing that other farm game, so I checked it out. I gave it a real try and played for a few weeks. I decided that the choice was easy - Farm Town. The most important factor was that I didn't need to annoy my non-farm playing friends with all the junk on the wall and I didn't need to beg for help. Farm Town is a social game. I could always meet new people here, but now I just feel that the game is following in the footsteps of Zynga. I don't like the direction and I can't see myself staying in much longer. I have been playing Farm Town for years and will hurt to let it go, but I cannot morally support the constant onslaught of wall begging. Keep the game in the game and don't make me annoy my real friends.
Old Apr 13 2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySue View Post
All my friends were playing that other farm game, so I checked it out. I gave it a real try and played for a few weeks. I decided that the choice was easy - Farm Town. The most important factor was that I didn't need to annoy my non-farm playing friends with all the junk on the wall and I didn't need to beg for help. Farm Town is a social game. I could always meet new people here, but now I just feel that the game is following in the footsteps of Zynga. I don't like the direction and I can't see myself staying in much longer. I have been playing Farm Town for years and will hurt to let it go, but I cannot morally support the constant onslaught of wall begging. Keep the game in the game and don't make me annoy my real friends.
they did say publishing to your wall is an option, your choice, I hardly ever publish to my wall, iI like to keep it clean.
Old Apr 13 2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Okay I have looked at the new stuff and I love it. Thanks for the meat I'm glad we got that. I still would like a meat processing plant for the farm but I guess the meat as gift is probably the best some wouldn't like the idea of killing the animals for meat. On the gift box I have over 100 gifts now and it is all fuel, is there a way to combine all the fuel into one gift for those of us that don't refuel that often. I have 6500 fuel now and only about 1500 fields so it will take me a while to use the fuel. Right now I can leave the fuel on FB but it is a pain to accept a ton of gifts at one time. I have also heard that they are going to change the gift receiving soon. What I'm thinking about is say you get 300 fuels for one gift well if you have one fuel gift in your gb it says fuel 300 if you have 2 it says 600 and so on, and all the fuel counts as one gift in your gift box.
I know this has been asked for several times - if not many times before, but I'll second the motion again. It can get very tiresome having to go and accept each and every gift separately - particularly fuel - and it would be great if they could be put into a bulk gift box.
Old Apr 13 2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry's Farm View Post
they did say publishing to your wall is an option, your choice, I hardly ever publish to my wall, iI like to keep it clean.
Yes, but then I am not fully playing the game. I get that I can choose not to post to my wall, but then I will never make Hawaiian pizza. That is the point. That the creators are changing the dynamic of the game and following the blueprint created by their competitor instead of breaking new ground. I realize that my opinion may be unpopular, but I prefer to look at the big picture.
Old Apr 13 2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
OK, I've been defending you guys on cranberry trees against all the people who say they don't exist. Well, they do exist, but if you're going to say cranberry juice is made from cranberries that grow on trees, no, THAT'S just not true. Cranberries for juice (and sauce) DO grow in bogs. Better add them to the seeds and let us grow the right kind (I'd love to). I'm not sticking up for this error!!!
LOL! I had to do a web search to find out about real cranberry trees... lol

I agree about needing cranberry seeds.. I want a bog! I already have a space planned out for it in my mind! Please give us cranberry seeds!

Thanks so much for all the new changes!! They are awesome!
Old Apr 13 2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySue View Post
I completely agree! I love FT for the social aspect... that other game I enjoy for earning the ribbons/awards.

But I much prefer FT for the same reasons posted above! Thanks for a great game!
Old Apr 13 2010, 08:31 PM

Just bought the Ice Cream Factory. Very cool.

Finally I can start using some of the 9 million worth of pineapples in my storage. I will be making a LOT of pineapple ice cream.

Would really like to be able to grind my own coffee. hint, hint, hint
Old Apr 13 2010, 08:39 PM

Will there be a way to grind our own coffee in the future? Maybe through the mill, or even the chocolate factory. Or a coffee shop to produce the coffee as well as hot cocoa. Love the new pizza ideas. You could also do a veggie or supreme pizza incorporating the artichokes, olives, italian herbs, etc, thus using more crops.

BTW, cranberries are bush plants, not trees...thought you might like to know.
Love the ice cream factory! Thanks!
Closed Thread