Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 03 2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilkes View Post
Like other users I am annoyed that the third farm is restricted by the number of neighbours you have. I am level 80 and have two fully developed farms was really looking forward to being able to buy another farm.

Maybe those of us without enough neighbours should all stop playing in protest.

Come on developers be fair!!!!!!!!!!!
I think they have been plenty more than fair. Be nice, talk to people, make friends, then if they seem okay ask them if they would like to be neighbors ... It isn't all that difficult, and it is actually fun.

Totally lovng this game; thanks Farmtown
Old Apr 03 2010, 01:52 PM

I'm such a noob...I had to get some FC...

Who cares if nobody else I know wants to play....

I WANNA PLAY!!

Besides, the hubs and my sons are going to the movies, and it will be a good time for me to work on my farm.

*yeah, yeah...that's the ticket...." ;D
Old Apr 03 2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirick View Post
level 80 and less than 30 neighbours??? Come on. help those lower down the levels,. Help yourself by visiting your neighbors and gaining more fuel. Help yourself by inviting people to help you with your facilities. Help yourself better yourself by meeting people from all round the world.

Just my thoughts.

I enjoy meeting new people, online and in person. I enjoy helping people with their farms, and people suggesting ideas to me. Try meeting at least one new person a week, and learning who they are, and what they like.
I agree 100%

Farmtown is great at helping those who help themselves ... More people should try it
Old Apr 03 2010, 01:55 PM

I wish we could buy cows...it is hard to get neighbors to want to gift those...I can get all kinds of fuel, but would like to have more cows.

Level 700 Farmer
Old Apr 03 2010, 02:00 PM

You know there are quite a few of us who have played the game for awhile (it's been nearly a year for me) and we HAD over 30 neighbors...but lost them....for whatever reasons...

It's difficult building up relationships for a game when those friends no longer want to play, and you have to start from scratch from people you don't know in a chat room. It is easier for some people than others, just respect everyone's comfortability level.
Old Apr 03 2010, 02:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

This release add support for a 3rd farm. Here are the details:

1. To buy the 3rd Farm, you need to have the 2nd Farm already

2. You can buy the 3rd farm in:

a. Farm Cash: 40 Farm cash for a 12x12 farm and 20 Farm cash for each additional upgrade. Notice this is 50% cheaper compared to when we launched the 2nd farm. Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

b. Coins: 1000000 coins for a 12x12 farm, but you need to have at least 30 neighbours

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
To me this is very clear on informing us of the 3rd farm option and of which there is more info at the realtor office.afew of the players just need to take a step back and read/look before you go ahead with obtaining anything.thats all I have to say on this matter.lol.
Old Apr 03 2010, 03:48 PM

Default third farm problems

Hi-- have just bought my 3rd farm but although I've unticked the "remove spaces between fields" it's not doing so. Have tried reloading the game and closing down FB but still no good. Have been plowing and having to delete the fields.
Can anyone suggest what's going wrong please???
Old Apr 03 2010, 03:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojones@talktalk.net View Post
Hi-- have just bought my 3rd farm but although I've unticked the "remove spaces between fields" it's not doing so. Have tried reloading the game and closing down FB but still no good. Have been plowing and having to delete the fields.
Can anyone suggest what's going wrong please???
If you don't want spaces, Check "remove spaces". If you do want spaces, then it should be unticked.
Old Apr 03 2010, 03:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Default It is NOT clear,and I am a VERY good reader with excellent comprehension

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
To me this is very clear on informing us of the 3rd farm option and of which there is more info at the realtor office.afew of the players just need to take a step back and read/look before you go ahead with obtaining anything.thats all I have to say on this matter.lol.
Actually, the thread that the mods have directed everyone to concerning what happens AFTER you pay $40 FC for the 3rd farm is deceiving (intentionally? I don't know). NOWHERE does it state that you have to have 30 neighbors to purchase the upgrades with coins. In fact, it simply gives the coin amounts. Stands to reason, you say? Nay, I say. The mods should have been clear and the thread should have shown the chart WITH the restrictions instead of a "clear sailing" chart for those with enough neighbors to purchase with coins, and should have stated "X amount of coins and 30 neighbors or $20 FC" for each upgrade. I suspected this was the case when I couldn't get a straight answer this morning, so I waited. I was willing to spend the $40, but I can't afford the upgrades and I have a real problem with what I see as false advertising. Yes, I know they need to make some money, that's not my issue with the whole thing - I just don't think they need to trick us to get it. <stepping down from soapbox>.
Old Apr 03 2010, 03:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
Actually, the thread that the mods have directed everyone to concerning what happens AFTER you pay $40 FC for the 3rd farm is deceiving (intentionally? I don't know). NOWHERE does it state that you have to have 30 neighbors to purchase the upgrades with coins. In fact, it simply gives the coin amounts. Stands to reason, you say? Nay, I say. The mods should have been clear and the thread should have shown the chart WITH the restrictions instead of a "clear sailing" chart for those with enough neighbors to purchase with coins, and should have stated "X amount of coins and 30 neighbors or $20 FC" for each upgrade. I suspected this was the case when I couldn't get a straight answer this morning, so I waited. I was willing to spend the $40, but I can't afford the upgrades and I have a real problem with what I see as false advertising. Yes, I know they need to make some money, that's not my issue with the whole thing - I just don't think they need to trick us to get it. <stepping down from soapbox>.
No one is tricking anyone. It states that in order to purchase a 3rd farm, you have to have 30 neighbors. It states it when you purchase the initial farm land. That doesn't mean that only the 12x12 is the only part that requires neighbors, it means that the whole thing in general requires 30 neighbors.
Closed Thread