Closed Thread

Old May 22 2010, 09:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Chapter 20 - Fuel

1. What is fuel for?
2. Where do I get fuel?
3. How do I refuel?
4. Can I make fuel?
5. I don't want fuel, how do I get rid of it?
6. I just sent my gifted fuel to storage. Help!

Should you need to get back to this post to look for other information:
Each post has a Table of Contents link bottom right of the post, which when you click, will bring you right back here.

Last edited by Tiger; Jul 24 2023 at 01:18 PM.
Old May 22 2010, 09:30 PM
Account Not Linked

What is fuel used for?

Fuel is used with some of the tools on Farm Town. The tools that require the fuel are:

• Harvester (2x2 or bigger), - 1 per plot/square.
  • Seeder (2x2 or bigger) - 1 per plot/square.
  • Combine Harvest Plow- 1 per plot/square.
  • Combine Harvest Plow Plant - 2 per plot/square (1 for harvesting and 1 for planting)
  • Fishing Boats and Turbo boats - 1 per click, regardless of how many fish caught in that click. 1 per water in the case of the bigger Turbo boats.
  • Log truck (chainsaw) - between 1 and 4 fuel per click (eg 16=1 fuel, 24=2 fuel, 48=3fuel, 64=4fuel).
  • Tree shakers - between 1 and 4 fuel per click.
  • Multiplanters- - between 1 and 8 fuel per click ( eg 4x4 =1 fuel, 8x8 =2 fuel, 12x12 = 5 fuel, 16x16 = 8 fuel)
  • Flower harvesters - between 1 and 4 fuel per click.
  • Semi-trailer truck - 5 fuel per batch (will also cost coins varies depending on what you order).
  • Trains - up to 432 per long car attached to Turbo Freight Locomotive. The slower and cheaper locomotives use slightly less.
  • Ships - Number of containers x 20 x port count in the itinerary. So if you prepared 5 containers, and the Ship has 30 ports in the itinerary, the total fuel required will be 5 x 20 x 30 = 3000
  • Turbo tools for the "Start All" button top left of the facility manager - 1 for each type of different product.
  • Forklift (Store All button top right of the Facility Manager) - 1 for each type of different product made.
  • Armored Truck (Cash Out All button top right of the Facility Manager) - 1 for each type of different product. Note: Manually cashing out service facilities also uses fuel.

IMPORTANT - Fuel can be quickly used up especially when you start using tools that use Fuel, when adding more to your farms, get bigger farms and work for others using your Fuel. It is up to you to keep an eye on how much you are using and make sure you plan ahead for when you run out and need to refuel. Make sure you have enough Fuel Tanks in your storage so you get a large amount when you refuel. Example, to get 3 million Fuel tanks you will need 10,000 Fuel Tanks!

How to get Fuel Tanks and how to make Fuel tanks is explained later in this Chapter.

Last edited by Tiger; May 14 2020 at 05:24 PM.
Old May 22 2010, 09:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Where do I get fuel?

You can get fuel a few ways:
  1. Fuel can be sent to you by friends.
    This is the easiest and quickest way to get Fuel Tanks. The more friends you have the can send you gifts, the better.
    When you accept your Fuel gifts, it goes into your Gift box.
    To ask for more Fuel gifts from your friends click on More.
    To keep your gift box free for more gifts, Store the Fuel and it will be sent to your Harvests & Products Storage.
  2. You can get Fuel by working a friends Gas Station facility that has Fuel Tanks loaded in to it.

3. You can produce your own fuel if you purchase oil pumps and an Oil Refinery. Click on Can I make fuel? for more details.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 11 2023 at 02:22 PM.
Old May 22 2010, 09:31 PM
Account Not Linked

How do I refuel?

You can refuel by going to the Fuel Station. You can refuel once a per day.
The current day ends at midnight Eastern Time, not your local time zone if you are in a different time zone.

As of MAY 2020 you can refuel without losing what is unused. The Fuel will now be added instead of replacing what was left.

To get to the Fuel Station via the MAP icon, click on the MAP icon which is located bottom right of your game screen.
Then click on the Fuel Station.

OR If you already have fuel you can can click the Fuel Icon top left of your game screen.

If you still have fuel left to use, there will be a number next to the Fuel Icon like this:

If you use this method when you click on the Icon you will see a popup with information:

Click the green check mark to proceed, click the red X to cancel.

The FARMTOWN FUEL menu will load and show you how much Fuel you will get for several factors:
  • 10 Gallons for each Level you have reached.
  • 20 Gallons for each Neighbour you have.
  • 10 Gallons for each friend you help that day (Help Given).
  • 20 Gallons for each Active Neighbour in the last 24 hours.
  • 300 Gallons for each Fuel Tank you have in your Harvests & Products storage (from refinery) and each Fuel Tank in your Gift Box that you have not stored yet ( ... gifts from friends).

This is an example of what you could see:

Beneath Fuel Tanks you will see two figures in brackets.
  • (xx gifts from friends) is the amount of Fuel Tanks you have in your gift box that you have not stored yet.
  • (xx from refinery) is the Fuel Tanks you have stored from your oil refinery, gained from working friends Gas Stations that have Fuel Tanks loaded into them PLUS the Fuel Tanks you have already stored from your Gift box on previous occasions.

The total amount of Fuel for this section is both of those figures added together then multiplied by 300.
In the above example there are no Fuel Tanks in the gift box, there are over 10 million Fuel Tanks in the Harvests & Products storage.
10068927 x 300 = 3,020,678,100 which displays as 3020M. The counter cannot display the full figure as there are too many digits. The M represents million.

If you change your mind and do not want to refuel you can click the red x top right of the menu to cancel.

To Fuel up, click on

You will then see a pop up with information like this:

The information contains the Fuel you still have (if any) and what your Fuel Total will be after you refuel.
  • So for the example in this post the user had:
  • 628,760,843 fuel left before refuelling
  • The Fuel station showed they would get and additional 3,020M which consists of:
    • 11,500 for Game Level
    • 2,280 for Neighbours
    • 10,000 for Help Given
    • 2,100 for Active Neighbours
    • 10068927 Fuel Tanks x 300 = 3,020,678,100
  • After Refuelling 628,760,843 + 3,202,703,980 = 3,649,438,943 (over 3.6 Billion Fuel)

Click the green check mark and your Fuel will be added. Example:

Once you have refuelled if you were to try again the time showing to you when you can next refuel is the the time remaining until midnight EST. After midnight EST you will be able to refuel again.

March 2020 - The Fuel limit was raised above 4 billion. At this time there is no known upper limit. However the in the section just above Refuel Now the counter is limited to how many digits it will show.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 11 2023 at 02:23 PM.
Old May 22 2010, 09:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Can I make fuel?

Yes you can make fuel. You will need 2 things to make it.

First you need an Oil Pump to make Crude Oil. You will find the Oil Pump located the "**Facilities**" section of the Store.

Once it is placed on your farm, you click on it, select "Show Facility Details" and click on "Start Batch". To start multiple batches click the blue button that has a + sign on it.

Once production is finished, you need to open the facility again and click on "What's Pending" and "Store" the crude oil. They will then be sent to your Harvests & Products Storage.

NOTE: The Oil Pump can not be worked by your friends so it produces a set amount of crude oil per day. To make everything in the Oil refinery you will need 300 crude oil, so place one one oil pump on at least 10 of your farms for one fill of the Oil Refinery to 100%. When you first get the oil pumps you will be earning bonuses of crude oil which will build your stock up so that you have an excess of crude oil, but eventually you will use those up especially if you refill the Oil Refinery so you may find in the future that you will need more oil pumps or will need to request ingredients to make Fuel Tanks in order to recieve crude oil to make them.

Then you need to have an Oil Refinery, which you can find "**Facilities**" section of the Store. you click on it, select "Show Facility Details" and click on "Start Batch". To start multiple batches click the blue button that has a + sign on it.

Once production is finished, you need to open the facility again and click on "What's Pending" and "Store" the Fuel.

Now you have stored your Fuel you can either sell it or keep it for when you need more Fuel. When you are first starting out we recommend you keep it as Fuel is used for many tools when working for yourself or for others and some other features of the game.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 11 2023 at 02:24 PM.
Old May 22 2010, 10:30 PM
Account Not Linked

I don't want fuel, how do I get rid of it?

You can sell it at Market.

1. Click on the MAP icon and then click on the Trade Marketplace to be taken there. You can sell at either marketplace, but the Trade one is better as you are less likely to be disturbed by farmers trying to hire workers.
2. In the pop up choose "I want to sell my harvests or gifts"
3. Then click on "OK Show me your prices"

For gifts in your gift box you need to click on the "Gifts" tab then you will see your what is in your gift box. Click "Sell All" on in the Fuel box to sell it.

For Fuel in storage you need to be in the "Storage" tab, then change the drop down filer to "From Facilites" and the A-Z to "Alphabetically" then scroll down your list to find your Fuel.

Once you have found it, if you hover over the box you will see 4 selling options... "Sell All"...."Half"...."33%"..."10%". Click on the option you want and that will be sold.

For more details on what you can do at either Markerplace and what the icons and avatar colours mean that you see there click on What is the Marketplace for?

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 11 2023 at 02:25 PM.
Old May 22 2010, 11:20 PM
Account Not Linked

I sent my gifted fuel to storage. Help!

Don't Panic! You can still refuel even if you sent your fuel to storage. Just go to the Fuel Station and then click "Refuel NOW". It will just count your fuel as "refinery" fuel.

To find where it is in your Storage, open the Storage Box, in the "Harvests & Products" section, look top right of the window and make sure the drop down filter is set to either "All" or "From Facilites".

This is the Search Icon, it is top right of the storage window.
Click on the search icon and type in Fuel.

Your Fuel will then come into view.

For more details on how to easily find something in storage click on What are the different sections of the storage?

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 11 2023 at 02:25 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel, make fuel, making fuel, refueling, stored fuel