Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 18 2018, 02:49 AM

Default New Release -- April 18th, 2018

As part of the new requirements by Facebook, every 90 days you will have to re-authorize the Farmtown game to access your basic information like name, picture and friends which are essential to the operation of the game.

***The only information about your friends that we access is the name and picture, and we use that info strictly inside the game, we don't provide or sell that info to any third party.***

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on May 10th, 11:30PM.

Hi There, En Español AQUI

1. 46 x 46 farm expansions for farms 11 - 20: The price is 30 Billion coins or 30 Farm Cash.

Note: With the optimizations we released last year bigger farms perform well enough even on old computers and even better if the farm contains lots of duplicated items.

2. Employee / Employer Improvements:

a) When you are hired as an employee, if your browser crashes in the middle of your work or you reload your browser by accident, if you enter the game again in the next 10 minutes you will see another hiring screen explaining that you didn't complete your last job giving you the option to return to your previous employer farms and continue working.

b) When hiring others to work your farms if you enable the 'Let employee use my fuel' option, your fuel will always be used first, only when you, the employer, don't have fuel available the employees fuel will be used.

c) All and None buttons added to the Hire Multiple screen

d) On the 'Farmtown Wall Request' screen, we will highlight in pink those posts from users that you have visited recently to work their facilities. If you click on those posts, it's very likely that you receive the warning from the mayor that you already worked the facilities for that user.

3. Global Ingredient Planner Improvements:

a) When you open the Global Ingredient Planner we will show no information until you make the desired changes to all the filter dropdowns and then click the 'Update' button on the right, this way you don't have to wait every time you change each filter.

b) All your filter selections will be remembered the next time you open the Global Ingredient Planner

c) Added 18 months and 2 years time ranges

d) Added a new sort 'By Facility' where you can see the products grouped by facility type, ex: all your inks, all your metal sheets, etc

4. Facility Chains Manager Improvement: When you click the blue neighbour icon in the 'Add Chains' tab we will show you the info of each of those neighbours that you could potentially import/export products to.

5. Wildlife Removal Services (FC): Provides Wildlife Removal Services and can be stocked with products from the Critter Control Supplies.

6. Flavored Water Factory (Coins): Produces Flavored Water.

Lemon Water
Orange Water
Watermelon Water
Pineapple Mint Water
Grapefruit Rosemary Water
All Green Water
All Fruit Water
All Citrus Water

7. Beach Motel (Coins): Provides Beachside Lodging Services and can be stocked with products from the Flavored Water Factory.

8. Hungarian Restaurant (FC): Produces Hungarian Food.

Langos
Goulash
Fishermans Soup
Fozelek
Chicken Paprikash
Porkolt
Lecso
Somloi Galuska

New products from other facilities: Paprika in the Spice Factory.

9. Taste of Korea (FC): Provides Korea Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Korean Restaurant.

10. Taste of Britain (FC): Provides Britain Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the British Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

PS. The changes to the NCC we announced on the previous release will be released in about 2 weeks.

Post-Release Info - April 20th, 5:00PM

- BugFix: When hired by friends to work their farms or their facilities, sometimes a screen will show up by mistake asking you to complete legacy quests (those that require tools like Rake, Gloves and Water Hose).
- Better grouping of products in the 'By Facility' sort in the Global Ingredient Planner.

Post-Release Info - April 23th, 7:10PM

- The 'Reuse Last Itinerary' option for ships need some clarification, this option only works when you have at least 1 ship currently dispatched that has not been unloaded yet, we will update the wording of the confirmation messages to clarify this requirement.

Post-Release Info - April 24th, 10:30PM

- BugFix: Sometimes hire request sent in the market were lost, not reaching the intended employee.

- We replaced the 'Let employee use my fuel' checkbox by a dropdown with the following options:

1. Let employee use my fuel first -> this is the one we had earlier today
2. Let employee use my fuel last -> this is the one we had a month ago, before the last release
3. Do not let employee use my fuel

- We added this dropdown to the Super Neighbour setup screen, so you can specify whatever option you like for each of your Super Neighbours.

Post-Release Info - April 26th, 1:30AM

- Released the Hungarian Restaurant.

Post-Release Info - April 27th, 11:00PM

- While we continue troubleshooting the issue of missing Hire Request confirmation messages, we will be disabling and enabling again the 'Employee remaining hired after a browser crash' feature (2.a above). Currently it is disabled.

Post-Release Info - May 1st, 11:30PM

- Released old Mothers Day items and 8 new Mothers Day items, 2 as gifts, 4 at the top of the Mothers Day category in the store and 2 at the bottom.

Post-Release Info - May 9th, 2:00AM

- Bugfix: Players sometimes getting the "Wait I'm Busy" message by mistake on different contexts, like when moving avatar, trying to open the Facility Manager and may be other scenarios as well.
- Bugfix: Employees kept receiving hire requests even when they have already been hired and working the farm.
- Bugfix: Employers not receiving the confirmation message that the employee has accepted the hire request. On this one, we think there could still be situations where the confirmation message may not arrive, but at least this should be happening as infrequent as it was happening a month ago, before the recent changes.

Post-Release Info - May 10th, 11:30PM

- Continued improving message delivery reliability in the marketplace, for example, before this change, if you have sent a hire request to user U1, then another user U2 send you a hire request, if during the period that the hire request of user U2 is on your screen, user U1 confirms your hire request then you will not see that confirmation. What we did in this case is that all confirmations sent by other players to requests initiated by you will be queued and will be shown eventually after you close the current request being shown on the screen. This applies to buddy and selling product requests as well.

Also, before this change, if during that same period, another user U3 send you a hire request, that request will be simply ignored and the sender will never know. In this case, what we did was to send and auto-reply to the sender telling her that you are currently interacting with another user.

Known Problems:

None.

Last edited by Raul; May 10 2018 at 11:06 PM.
Old Apr 18 2018, 03:20 AM

Thanks very much for the update.

I have a problem today with the Notepad in the Facility Manager and now see it is part of the new release. However, when I press UPDATE - nothing happens !! Hopefully this will sort itself out soon
Old Apr 18 2018, 03:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Keef

awesome thanks for the new stuff
Old Apr 18 2018, 04:22 AM

thanks for the update

Lara's Farm
Old Apr 18 2018, 04:43 AM

YAY thank you!
Old Apr 18 2018, 04:59 AM

Just tried to load beach motel and the flavored water ingredients came up
Old Apr 18 2018, 05:28 AM

How come then since I have all the facilities that I get a pop up message saying my farm has too many facilities?
Old Apr 18 2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareface View Post
Just tried to load beach motel and the flavored water ingredients came up
I just had the same thing happen FYI
Old Apr 18 2018, 05:51 AM

Thank you so very much for the team :-)
This release is special to me as I am Hungarian and always wanted to see Hungarian restaurant in my favorite game <3
Old Apr 18 2018, 05:55 AM

awsome Thank you
Closed Thread