Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 28 2016, 11:29 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi maclean47

I moved your post to the thread about gifts as this is one of your problems and you have posted here before.

On May 24, Raul updated Known issues for the New Release

Known issues

- Facebook just confirmed that they introduced a bug recently that do not allow games in Facebook on accounts with lot of friends (more than 4000) to retrieve the full list of friends. This is currently affecting all the areas that requires friend interaction like boosting trains, working facilities, adding neighbours, etc for those users. They say they are currently working on a solution.

In the meantime, we just released a temporal workaround that just assume for now that your facebook friend list is the same as your neighbour list, at least this way you can go now and send gifts to your neighbours again and start working your neighbours facilities again.

However those users with more than 4000 friends will not be able to interact with most of their friends, only their neighbours, until facebook provide a final resolution to the problem.

There are some exceptions, for example you can still send gifts to any of your friends if you go to the Send Gift page and select the 'Search Friends Manually' tab and search manually for your friend.

As you can see this is a Facebook problem and they have to work on it and fix it, and if you have a great amount of friends (more than 1,000), then you are having these issues. The developers continue working to help farmers but there is a limitation as Facebook is still trying to fix the bug introduced.
you can give me a line but john2 has 3000 friends that it so far as 4000 friend ! there are players out there that don't have 2000 friends and there farm town has the same problem my does ! so what your answer to that
Old May 28 2016, 11:34 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclean47 View Post
you can give me a line but john2 has 3000 friends that it so far as 4000 friend ! there are players out there that don't have 2000 friends and there farm town has the same problem my does ! so what your answer to that
Hi maclean47,

marymarcel is not available right now.

If you read the bottom of her answer to you , you can see we are aware that is affecting those with over 1000 friends. I'm sorry, but just like everyone else with this problem, you will have to wait for it to be fixed.
Old May 28 2016, 03:29 PM

Unhappy gifts

finally my gifts work no hesitation either thats great but allll my trains i get say for friends only and i can only work one persons facs.. after she changed it to friends.. i could before that..hope they get it fixed soon im losing lots of goods and i mean lots
Old Jun 02 2016, 01:08 AM
Account Not Linked

i cannot send gifts on farmtown
Old Jun 02 2016, 01:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanette linehan View Post
i cannot send gifts on farmtown
Hi Jeanette,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts. If you are not getting the list of friends to show up then it is because Facebook introduced a bug into the system. The developers have posted in the release thread about this:
Facebook just confirmed that they introduced a bug recently that do not allow games in Facebook on accounts with lot of friends (approximately more than 2800) to retrieve the full list of friends. This is currently affecting all the areas that requires friend interaction like boosting trains, working facilities, adding neighbours, etc for those users. They say they are currently working on a solution.

The 2800 is the lowest we have been informed about so far.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 02 2016, 04:15 AM

i have had several major problems lately...fb being one of them
now i have 2 gifts pending all the time
have lost 100's of millions of items in storage mostly if not all crops
nothing going into storage when people h/p on my farms now
Old Jun 02 2016, 10:14 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstMeQQ4Fun View Post
i have had several major problems lately...fb being one of them
now i have 2 gifts pending all the time
have lost 100's of millions of items in storage mostly if not all crops
nothing going into storage when people h/p on my farms now
Hi JstMeQQ4Fun,

For the stuck gifts. Go to the Apps section on the left pane of your News Feed, click on Games, and then at the top "Activity". Have a look and see if the two gifts are showing there under Farm Town. If they are try accepting them there. Then reload the My Requests page and see if they have gone.

For your missing items, go into your storage and see if you have around 100 million of anything in there. If you have try selling a portion of all of those items as having too much in storage can cause things to disappear. Then Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if moving forward, your crops make it to storage.

There is nothing we can do to replace anything you have missing from the forum, for that you will need to contact the support team with the details of exactly what and how much is missing. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 02 2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old Jun 02 2016, 05:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Service Unavailable

When I tried to access My Requests I got a message on an all white screen stating Service Unavailable. That is a new one for me, in all the years I have been playing.

Any clues as to what is going on?

Fred Bee, gentleman farmer

Visit 's Farm

DB:W200, MPS:F4
Old Jun 02 2016, 05:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bee View Post
When I tried to access My Requests I got a message on an all white screen stating Service Unavailable. That is a new one for me, in all the years I have been playing.

Any clues as to what is going on?

Fred Bee, gentleman farmer
Hi Fred,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts. I am not sure what is going on with that. I opened mine just fine, so may just be a fluke.
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 02 2016, 05:41 PM

I was having the same problem as Fred Bee, & also my FB newsfeed page wasn't working either. Almost completely blank. I just cleared my memcache & that did the trick. Don't know why that would have corrected my FB newsfeed though...but it's working.
Thanks Taz

Kat

Tags
accepting gift problem, blocked gifts list, can't send gifts, can't send gifts trains, cannot receive gifts, display issues, exchange gifts, expired, farm cash, friends list, gift, gift box, gift box issue, gift errors, gift exchange, gift help, gifting, gifts, gifts & work, gifts accept button, gifts issues, gifts not showing up, lost gifts, missing gifts., not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, send gifts missing, sending gifts, unable to collect, unable to receive gifts, unabletogetgifts, window narrows