Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
Mine now says 139 markets to go. They have picked up 48 (long one door box car) 51 (long 2 door box car) and 40 (long container) products.
But what in the world does that mean? At first, I thought "outside markets" meant our neighbors - like it was an automated way to work our neighbors' facilities. But that doesn't seem to be it.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
But what in the world does that mean? At first, I thought "outside markets" meant our neighbors - like it was an automated way to work our neighbors' facilities. But that doesn't seem to be it.
It just means it goes to 140 virtual markets, it is about the same way when you purchase items in the semi, it just takes longer with the train and you can't store any of the items before the train returns in 7 days. I hope this helps you understand it.
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:45 PM

quick question?
if we are not going to get the 4 new facilities for another 3-4 days does that mean that the udates will be 3 weeks from then or 3 weeks from the 1st of June??
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianski71@btinternet.com View Post
quick question?
if we are not going to get the 4 new facilities for another 3-4 days does that mean that the udates will be 3 weeks from then or 3 weeks from the 1st of June??
Hi, sorry but we have no idea , we will just have to wait for when it comes.
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Susan, you can buy and place the car on the farm with the facility where ever it is. Then put the car into storage and move it to your train farm. No need to move your facilities. If you buy all 3 cars you can use all 3 at the same time on the same train. You just cannot use 2 of the same.
The train is independent of your facility production and provides additional product. You can still fill your facility and neighbors work it and the train has nothing to do with that. What you get from the train is additional product if you can't make enough. And the train has nothing to do with your Store All button.
Thanks, Taz. NOW it sounds like a good thing!

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
I'll try........

Freight trains are a way of allowing you to get more of certain types of products, if you found you were always running short of them.

For example. If you were constantly running out of flour and corn flour and owned the stone windmill, you could benefit by also owning the Standard Freight Locomotive and the Long One-Door Boxcar as after a period of 7 days this would bring you more of those products. In effect boosting the amount of flour you have for use in facilities.

Different Freight cars bring different products.

Once you have bought the Standard Freight Locomotive and whichever fright cars you want, you connect them together on a farm. Click on the train and that allows you to “Dispatch Train” (costs you coins and fuel ) which sends it off into its virtual world collecting the goods from virtual markets. 7 days later, you can “Unload Train” to collect your goods. You can check your Train’s progress during the 7 days by looking under the “Train Status Tab “.
The best thing about this particular explanation is that

1] it is concise

2] it is clear

3] it is relatively short

4] and all the words are spelled correctly....

.thanks

/
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The box car doesn't need your wheat to get the product, so if no wheat you still can get flour. That same car also brings corn flower and ground coffee.
You don't have to keep your Stone windmill in storage. It only has to be in storage or you have to be on the farm with it to buy the car. Once you have bought the car then you can move the facility back to the farm if you put it in storage to buy the car.
The boxcar is totally independent of the facility after you purchase and it does not have to stay on the farm wioth the facility either. That is only for the actual purchase.
Ok, so given that all of my facilites are full right now - will this work? Go to the farm where the facility is, buy the box car. Put the box car in storage to move it to my train farm. Do the same thing for the other 2 boxcars. Dispatch all 3 from my train farm. That works?

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW2009 View Post
Is it normal for them to become GHOSTLY like after starting them UP?
yes it is normal
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
I'll try........

virtual markets.
Just those two words help enormously. I was going WAAAAYYY to concrete and trying to figure out where the "outside markets" were! LOL

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
i thought getting extra product was why they started the whole belts/dans thing. why not just add more dans instead of adding more fc items?
You know, I was just thinking the about that too.... It used to also be that if they added factories that started using up too much of something, they would change that item to produce more of it....like when they increased cheese, fuel and petroleum, etc.... I don't think its quite right we pay cash for factories and then have to pay more cash to be able to fill them. I bought 3 trucks and the ordering station to double the production and can never keep enough of several meat items and leather.... that isn't right. If I pay cash for the new factories and then I start using up all my paper rolls, they should increase paper roll production (after all it only produces half of what cardboard and paperboard produces anyway)

I do like the train idea...its something new which is cool, but I think the purpose should not be to get items that we should be able to manage enough of on our own. It should have another use altogether....something different..unique. A new feature to the game altogether. The factories have been overused and played out for a while. Time to add a new concept to the game. Think about it, if a train travels, what new face to the game could that bring? Possibilities are endless! Maybe you could go to state fairs and sell items at an even bigger profit, maybe you could travel to exotic places to get bonuses.... Since the factories came to FT, the only new concept has been the minigames...although a cool feature, its just not my thing really. I've played them, but wouldn't spend a lot of time on them...But that's just my preference and the idea was cool and I'm sure many people enjoy them. The point is there should be more focus on evolving the game and less on increasing the same used up ideas.
Closed Thread