Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Closed Thread

Old Jan 28 2022, 01:14 PM

Unhappy cpu runs hot

I play on a 2013 MacBook Pro using the latest edition of Chrome but I have tried Firefox and Safari with the same result. The CPU runs very fast and hot when I am on my own farms. It is better if I am doing factories/ service facilities on other farms. Anything I can do?

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old Jan 28 2022, 02:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseDJ View Post
I play on a 2013 MacBook Pro using the latest edition of Chrome but I have tried Firefox and Safari with the same result. The CPU runs very fast and hot when I am on my own farms. It is better if I am doing factories/ service facilities on other farms. Anything I can do?
Hi DenisDJ,
When you are on your own farms everything in shown, but when you do facilities for others only the minimum is loaded. That would be the difference in load on the computer.
Only thing you might do is get it cleaned. That will allow it to run cooler.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 28 2022, 03:34 PM

Wink can anything be done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi DenisDJ,
When you are on your own farms everything in shown, but when you do facilities for others only the minimum is loaded. That would be the difference in load on the computer.
Only thing you might do is get it cleaned. That will allow it to run cooler.
Yes, I thought as much. Is there anything I can do while I am on my farms to get it to run cooler? Letting it run hot for a long time, I know from prior experience will damage the laptop. Right now, I am farming for a few minutes and then turning to a less busy page to let the cpu cool down. It takes forever to get anything done this way. I have stopped helping other farmers because it takes too long to get anything done.

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old Jan 28 2022, 03:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseDJ View Post
Yes, I thought as much. Is there anything I can do while I am on my farms to get it to run cooler? Letting it run hot for a long time, I know from prior experience will damage the laptop. Right now, I am farming for a few minutes and then turning to a less busy page to let the cpu cool down. It takes forever to get anything done this way. I have stopped helping other farmers because it takes too long to get anything done.
Hi DeniseDJ,
Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions to help. If it is running that hot get it in for service soon.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 10 2022, 07:01 AM

Default Cannot Layer my fish Ponds ??

I have all 3 colour Gloves and cannot Layer my fish Ponds. Any help please?
Old Feb 10 2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by townsvillefox View Post
I have all 3 colour Gloves and cannot Layer my fish Ponds. Any help please?
Hi townsvillefox

If there are more items on that farm, then you need at least a clear space, the size of a tree pine, to be able to place the ponds.

If you are asking for instructions on layering, then that is a trick and no one is allowed to post about that on the forum.

The Gloves are explained in our Game Guide in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...26#post5275626
Old Mar 05 2022, 05:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Please help me retain my Farm town to my Email

Dear FT Support staff .
I used to have a facebook account with farmtown linked to that account . The problem is that I deleted my facebook account several years ago and I couldn't get to my farm town eversince .
Can I get my farm town linked back to my facebook ?
Please help me get back to my farm town . I miss it so much
Old Mar 05 2022, 05:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantation lover View Post
Dear FT Support staff .
I used to have a facebook account with farmtown linked to that account . The problem is that I deleted my facebook account several years ago and I couldn't get to my farm town eversince .
Can I get my farm town linked back to my facebook ?
Please help me get back to my farm town . I miss it so much
Hi Plantation Lover,
I am sorry but there is nothing we can do. Your farms are tied to the Facebook account they are opened with. If you have deleted that account then we have no way for you to get them back. You have to be able to log into that Facebook account to be able to get to those farms as the owner.
Old Mar 10 2022, 11:19 AM

Default May I have my old farm back?

I quit playing for a year or so, for the most part. But now when I go back to it, it's all gone. And I see an original farm like I never played before. How do I get my farm back? Or is it even possible?
Old Mar 10 2022, 01:22 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jankath61453@gmail.com View Post
I quit playing for a year or so, for the most part. But now when I go back to it, it's all gone. And I see an original farm like I never played before. How do I get my farm back? Or is it even possible?
Hi jankath61453,

Are you asking about a different account you have or had a year ago? You last posted about an issue you had with Quests only a week ago. That set of farms has been played today.

If it's a different Facebook account, did you delete the game from your account when you stopped playing on it? If you did then Facebook may have recycled or deleted the id for it as it hadn't been used for a long time, which is why you would have to start over again.

If you are now using a different Facebook account than you had before you stopped playing the game, you can't move your game from one Facebook account to the other one. You would need to log into the other Facebook account to access those farms assuming you did not also delete the game back then.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread

Tags
gifts