Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 04:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Angry Harvesting

Yeah it is still not good I harvested and it kept coming up already done I like the old way better and I would sooner risk XP/coins rather than this ****
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:55 PM

Cool Yea Ok.

Great but now Server Time outs are hitting a lot.

Why?

Because of all the extra data being transfered it's causing some sorta flood or overbuffer from client to server and bang... Kicked off the server.

So in essence it isn't fixed. It just introduced a new issue.

I guess if you click very slowly you can retain a connection but seriously who doesn't click fast to get the job done.

Not fixed.

Addition: I'm curious how many people are still having the XP issue as I suspect this upgrade was suppose to fix. As I mentioned If I were given the opportunity to respond to a quick little multiple choice survey (which isn't currently in place) to gather metrics on how many are still affected I would of said It is/was now fine for me. I have not experienced issues with Xp loss for at least a month now. Though this new upgrade just introduces new issues.
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:11 PM

Love today's update!!

I notice several things new: 1) Plowing/harvesting happens faster than it used to, 2) You get a greater speed boost than you used to if you stick to plowing contiguously - encourages the proper kind of harvesting/plowing, and 3) XP and coins (i.e. "+1XP") notifications show above the actual squares being processed instead of over the avatar, so you know which fields you're getting coins or XP for!
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:19 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Can you do something about Server connection time out because that is how we lose the money and XPs,,,, we do not always see we have timed out until we try to save and some probably don't realize at all so therefore think they have lost money and Xps from work they think they did but didn't do due to time out, we cannot refresh without losing our job on the farm too wish is irritating.

This version is much better on the whole from last night's but i am still getting more problems with time outs then i did prior to these updates (Dec 22 and 23)

I think if you were able to put a patch that lets us refresh while on a farm working would be big step forward to resolving loss of money and points,, just my view.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:21 PM

Default already changed back?

I just got done harvesting a field...and people were "pecking" all over. Did they already change it BACK?
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:22 PM

Thumbs up

I have just come off a field after my first hire of the day. In comparison to last nights working in the field, I found this to be much, much better, and even better than before. For me, you can leave it as it is now. The only one problem I have is finding out too late that plots have already been done....sort this then we have perfection IMO.
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:23 PM
Account Not Linked

:-( Whatever was done, please change it back to the way it was before. I just plowed 50 plots and didn't get credit for ANY of them. Then I went back to the marketplace and it started crediting me for plots on the previous farm, but only for 5 of them. It took FOREVER. I accepted a job in the meantime but I couldn't go--kept getting the "Wait, I'm busy" message. Verrrrrry frustrating!!!! :-(
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternmaker View Post
I just got done harvesting a field...and people were "pecking" all over. Did they already change it BACK?
No. This 'solution' doesn't inhibit "pecking" at all. It doesn't solve anything. It adds an element of torture to the mix.
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:26 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

please fix this issue it is impossable to play the game like this who has this kind of time to waste. Very annoying.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:37 PM

Default New Issues As Of Current Revision

I'm not complaining, just passing along information to assist you with your work. This is what happened when I went to the market to get hired for plowing on WF41...
  • I received constant time-outs but the xp's and coins continued to add so I knew I wasn't really booted out. I repeatedly clicked on SAVE and eventually did get PENDING CHANGES HAVE BEEN SAVED. It took much longer than before the last upgrade and then the revision.

I had a tremendous number of false clicks that didn't take. This is a completely new issue for me, making it nearly impossible to plow in a neat and orderly fashion.

After I had plowed a huge number of squares, which were in queue waiting to be counted in, someone else plowed right over them and I didn't get credit. This is an on-going issue.

When I was all finished and waiting for everything to be added in my avatar was running around aimlessly for a very long time with nothing being added in or any fields showing plowed. It took much longer than before the upgrade to finally have everything added in and SAVED so I was able to leave.

I would like to see restoration of the fuel issues and be stopped from seeding when I'm out of fuel.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Waterfall Orchard
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1633494858
Fully decorated farms on #1 and #11

Retirement Dream
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000263088048
Fully decorated farm on #1
Closed Thread