Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2009, 08:38 AM

Well said! Applause!

Just planted a bunch of four-day crops. It'll be interesting to check back and see if things have settled down a bit. Right now, it's too volatile to even mess with.

Hope everyone has a happy holiday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn1 View Post
Those huge tools - harvesting, seeding - do not let the player focus on the field he intends to work on.

Farm town project team probably needs to refresh their knowledge of "Human factors in Design" .

If the huge tools are meant to help those having poor eyesight and the elderly, offer them as an option to those that need them.

Do not force them on those who have good eyesight.

Regarding the "ALREADY DONE" message when multiple harvesters work on a farm, the issue is timing and my guess is that balancing of queues is dramatically off. This has gone out of control, as a result of trying to fix other problems.

The result is loss of feedback; the worst problem for an interactive game. The team probably thinks that they will fine tune the queuing parameters and the timing parameters "on the fly". Releasing this version is not good judgment.

In any event, the timing parameters are hugely off. This is not beta testing - this is alpha testing, better left for in-house testing.

Last but not least, Fixes are meant to actually improve the game experience; not degrade it.

Hey fellows, keep up the good work:
PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE FIXES THAT DEGRADE GAMING EXPERIENCE.
Old Dec 24 2009, 08:45 AM

Yes its terrible
I fly through a harvest and have to stick around a long long time to wait for the coins and exp to catch up with me...like in this piture. luckily i got a solo job..but my coins and exp add so slow, if there had been another harvester, they wouldnt have had a problem stealing my coins from the other crops that havent added up in coins yet.

As you can see I have all the crops harvested and the coins that are adding up aren't even added for half of the job.......

Connecting to town mainframe (WF51) ...<<<i think this is my server. some said the slow adding might be a server issue.

Last edited by illumi; Dec 24 2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old Dec 24 2009, 08:48 AM

Where do we start?

1) Yes harvesting and plowing are painfully slow and inaccurate.

2) Largest feed sacks I have ever seen. Too Big!

3) Get hired and cannot get to the farms. People come back to the marked and ask why I did not come to their farm after being hired.

4) Too SIX attempts to get my neighbor to get the hire message.

5) Big Seeder runs out of fuel and deletes remaining seeded fields. Have to refuel and seed all over again. I assume the harvester will do the same.
Old Dec 24 2009, 08:57 AM
Account Not Linked

I want to apologize to the forum members for being such a jerk sometimes. It is clear that there are many members much more qualified and effective to offer constructive feedback. I'm a passionate double Leo, if that covers any of my transgressions.

It looks like my keyboard is going on the blink; and that will be to the forum's advantage. Thank you, fellow farmers, for bolstering my confidence in the game development process.
Old Dec 24 2009, 08:59 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I will have about 4 farms between me and my family members that come due tonight/tomorrow and was hoping some of these issues would be considered important enough (ie ALREADY DONE issues) that the developers would have gone back to pre 12/22 and finished their testing of the coin fix but I can see that has not happened. I hope that my masterplan to harvest and plow on Xmas Eve/day doesn't turn into a frustrating experience because that would turn me off entirely.

It is either fun or I don't play, period... being attacked, having coins 'stolen' by lag time/cueing issues, etc... are all things that turn me off.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 24 2009, 09:00 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn1 View Post
Those huge tools - harvesting, seeding - do not let the player focus on the field he intends to work on.

Farm town project team probably needs to refresh their knowledge of "Human factors in Design" .

If the huge tools are meant to help those having poor eyesight and the elderly, offer them as an option to those that need them.

Do not force them on those who have good eyesight.

Regarding the "ALREADY DONE" message when multiple harvesters work on a farm, the issue is timing and my guess is that balancing of queues is dramatically off. This has gone out of control, as a result of trying to fix other problems.

The result is loss of feedback; the worst problem for an interactive game. The team probably thinks that they will fine tune the queuing parameters and the timing parameters "on the fly". Releasing this version is not good judgment.

In any event, the timing parameters are hugely off. This is not beta testing - this is alpha testing, better left for in-house testing.

Last but not least, Fixes are meant to actually improve the game experience; not degrade it.

Hey fellows, keep up the good work:
PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE FIXES THAT DEGRADE GAMING EXPERIENCE.
thumbs up, great post!

Old Dec 24 2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper61 View Post
Do you know that a virus called bloodhound is being downloaded onto my computer everytime I access the marketplace? My software puts it in quarantine. Is this a know issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter32 View Post
be more specific about the virus name and its probably a facebook add
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Wondering why you've posted this 2 more times since I answered you in your original thread?

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...26#post2928926
This person has been answered.
Known Issues

Please Manually Link Your Facebook and/or MySpace Farm

Then Go Here: OFFICIAL THREADS
Help & Support
Suggestions

Please Read & Follow instructions in the first post as well as include the Server # in your post
(You can find this when you enter a new room - written in red)

Old Dec 24 2009, 09:05 AM

Angry just horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalby View Post
I can queue, can anyone else

BTW thanks raul for the update,
Edit: I love this update but I am having more collisions than ever, When I work for someone, who hired 3 people for 100 plots, I am clicking in a pattern and when my farmer goes to the to collect my cash, it says already done, this is causing me to lose even more money than before. They farmers, get to the plots before my farmer can get his cash, please just roll it back to its old plowing state Here is a pic
So as you can see, she is plowing OVER my queued plowing spots.

I just plowed a field and a user plowed over me. so I didnt get the points that I already did. Kept showing already done .whatever that means.. make it more like farmville for plowing without the plow square ..this sucks!
Old Dec 24 2009, 09:15 AM

Level:
XP:

I downloaded Firefox browser it has an ad blocker with it... I see no ads not even on the side..... also you can upgrade IE to IE pro and it has an ad blocker though I never used that one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore388 View Post
The issue I have had and I am still having is with the so called "BLINKING". That has everything to do with the flash/static banners at the bottom of the page,,. All these issues started as soon as Farmtown added them. Get rid of them and solve the problem.

This game takes alot of flash to play so you add those banners and it takes it all for them to run and makes the game "BLINK/STAGGER/LAG".

I dont have or have had any problem with this in the past with the Facebook ads on the side of the page. It has all to do with the bottom of the page you can tell that with every move the banner makes your FT game stagger. Understand?

It seems to me its all coming down to the banners placed in the footer of the game page,,, JMO

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 24 2009, 09:16 AM

I LOVE this! Thanks for the great job and Merry Christmas!!!!
Closed Thread