Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Apr 27 2011, 05:21 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by katupatree View Post
I think you are missing the point of the hire multiple. I'm sure someone will correct me, but I thought the hire multiple was so that you could hire someone to come on your farm and do multiple jobs not hire multiple people for multiple jobs. Of course you can play the game any way you want.
While you are correct in your assumption of what hire multiple is for you are wrong in assuming it means a person should only hire one person to do the jobs on a farm. People are entitled to hire as many people as they like and if a farm is all crops 4 people is not too many people for the work that is available on the farm.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 27 2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirgon View Post
Can someone explain to me how the Hire Multiple option works? Can I not hire a person to plow multiple farms with one selection?
soon we will be able to have a single hire for all farms but at present it is 1 farm at a time only.

my guess is the next release

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Apr 27 2011, 08:44 AM

And kinda like the real world, one person does all the wok while the rest stand around waiting for the paycheque. I think you've been hiring our municipal workers, Kbeepbeep.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Apr 27 2011, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbeepbeep View Post
thanks Jas0643......I agree!! 4 people is not too many people for the work that is available on the MY farms, (with 1000's of trees to be done and plenty of crops!!) Because 1 or 2 of them will leave any way before it's done, and your back to the market to rehire....LOL
Just a suggestion. Hire them all for the multiple harvesting, but leave plowing off of it, then when all the harvesting is done, then hire them for plowing...then you have everybody working.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 27 2011, 10:02 PM

That's why I said you can play the game any way you want. Personally, if I am hired to harvest and I go into a room that has 3 other people in it and at least one other person has a 4x4 harvesters and we're all hired to harvest, I butt out. I thought the origin of the multiple hire was so that you could hire someone to do everything on a farm without having to go back and rehire every time they finish something. Of course you can hire as many as you want, we just don't all have to accept and if we get to a farm with too many people on it, we can leave it. I've found that a lot of people like a lot of animals slows things down.
Old Apr 28 2011, 03:12 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbeepbeep View Post
thanks Jas0643......I agree!! 4 people is not too many people for the work that is available on the MY farms, (with 1000's of trees to be done and plenty of crops!!) Because 1 or 2 of them will leave any way before it's done, and your back to the market to rehire....LOL
Lots of people don't like trees I have noticed. You may be better off trying to hire someone who has the shaker and is happy to do trees.

It sounds to me that you are hiring too many people. People are probably leaving because they don't want to fight for work.

I have tools and really dislike being hired with lots of other people because I don't want to take all of the work when I am working with people that don't have tools. I want to do the work I have been hired to do but don't want to take the lion's share.
Old May 05 2011, 02:12 PM

Default Hiring more than one worker

I have a 4x4 harvester and plower. When I go to a farm, I start clearing right away. Many times after beginning the job, I realize there is another worker who is more times than not a worker with no tools. At that point, I state I am leaving the rest of the work for that other worker. It just doesn't seem fair to pit workers with tools against workers with no tools. When a worker is hired first, that worker deserves to work the whole farm. And why do people hire more than one worker anyway? I don't think there is a solution for this issue but I just had to vent. Ok. Done. Have a nice day. :-)
Old May 05 2011, 03:12 PM

Default hiring more that one worker

sassysuzie
you wonder why somepeople hire more that one worker.
I know this has happened to me before, I will click on someone to hire them, wait for a reply, if there is no reply in say 10 seconds i will try to hire another worker, they take the job, in the mean time the first worker returns to the computer, notices there is a request to ork and clicks yes, and then I have two workers now,
Old May 05 2011, 03:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsandworms View Post
sassysuzie
you wonder why somepeople hire more that one worker.
I know this has happened to me before, I will click on someone to hire them, wait for a reply, if there is no reply in say 10 seconds i will try to hire another worker, they take the job, in the mean time the first worker returns to the computer, notices there is a request to ork and clicks yes, and then I have two workers now,
This happens to me quite a bit, too, and I try to wait at least a minute before hiring someone else. I feel that if they can't respond to the request in a timely manner then they don't want the job all that bad, and the person that responded quickly and is working already should just keep working and finish the farm. I prefer to have only one person working on a farm, whether the workers have tools or not.
Old May 05 2011, 03:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysuzie View Post
I have a 4x4 harvester and plower. When I go to a farm, I start clearing right away. Many times after beginning the job, I realize there is another worker who is more times than not a worker with no tools. At that point, I state I am leaving the rest of the work for that other worker. It just doesn't seem fair to pit workers with tools against workers with no tools. When a worker is hired first, that worker deserves to work the whole farm. And why do people hire more than one worker anyway? I don't think there is a solution for this issue but I just had to vent. Ok. Done. Have a nice day. :-)
I agree with you and I do the same thing Leave the rest.I think when they are hired the employer gets impatient with 1 X 1 so goes and gets someone else. there should be different markets for the 1x1 and 4x4 and now 5x5 . I am a 4.