Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 21 2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi PawPaw and Dulcinea,
Raul has added the further clarification:
If you have sent already 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, in order to continue sending Farm Cash gifts to friends, you need to have spent a total of $50 in the game since the beginning up to this date. (That is equivalent to buying 305 FarmCash or earn them by completing offers). If you have already spent that amount in the game so far, then this rule does not applies to you.

Yes, I see he has changed it but failed to change the date and did remove the statement "this will be a one time or may be a yearly requirement, haven't decided yet." Just another case of trying to cover tracks and not admit they screwed up. I realize some farmers are using BOTs and other tricks, but I click for everything I get and do feel disrespected that you are accusing all of us as cheaters, just because we are following your rules. But thanks for the backhanded apology as I am sure that is all I will get for being correct. Still playing Farm Town, just not as much as in the past so that should free up the band with for you some.
Old Apr 21 2016, 07:16 PM

Default Keep Chains Facilities out of Co-Op Quests and Regular Quests Please

I currently have a co-op quest that calls for flip flops. I must delay making them until the rotation comes around when I have enough quests to complete so as to not hinder my collecting my 2 FC on the group. I run about 5 uncompleted ones to gain volume before I start completing them.

This current Chains Game includes the Beach Shop Supplies factory that makes flip flops. For Chains, I need to be able to constantly fill this up.

As a request, once you know in advance what services/factories you're going to run in a near future Chains Game, is it possible to keep the individual items made in those facilities out of the Quest and Co-Op Quest line up? huh?

And, my friend thanks you so much for fixing the bug re. unable to make private 1 farm in a 2 farm holding for decorators.
Old Apr 22 2016, 12:46 AM

OMG so many players going off about the new rules regarding Farm Cash, this IS a business. Yes it's a fun game for most of us but ultimately it IS a business.

My main issue really is they are using the excuse of overloading the system but this is what I have just written in a group who are going stupid over the new rules:

The rules haven't really changed where an account has to be at least 6 months old, so people will wait and have many more accounts just sitting around

So, have the developers thought about all these NEW fake accounts just sitting around using resources until they are able to send the FC to whoever? I doubt it

BUT if the players who are creating all these fake accounts actually DELETE and remove the game once they have forwarded the FC, then the resources might be better, well that is my understanding, I may be wrong though
Clear My Macromedia Files
Because I've already done this before I posted my Question

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...840&farm_ix=17

Last edited by theperfectnina; Apr 22 2016 at 12:49 AM. Reason: added more info
Old Apr 22 2016, 08:35 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Ok so now the rules have changed again regarding cash items. I knew it was coming when you halted the sending about a week ago. I guess I can understand that it is a business and required money to operate, but when I see there are 2.6 million likes for this game and even is half of those people play and again and then 25% of those players spent $50.00 every three months (like I do), it give the owners $65,000,000 per year earnings. WOW. Now try and convince me that you need to get MORE money from the players who have been doing this game for a very long time. Customer service should be your main priority, but apparently getting more cash overrules that.

This latest rule is purely a money grab, and because I have been debating over the last year about keeping doing this game, I have to make the decision as to what I am willing to give the developers. They make us spend real cash for any item that helps us do this game to our benefit, and then they will not give us real cash back if we decide to sell the time. I have spent $50.00 every 3 months x 4 x 4 years = $800 on this game. I am thinking if all of us keep on giving and then we get back very little, it is not worth my time and effort any longer.

I always justified the spending by thinking I used to spend a lot more hours a day on the game and these items have saved me a lot of time. But, now that I think of it, there is a lot of games or TV channels the I could buy for a lot less than $200 per year and I would be just as happy. Time to rethink where my entertainment dollars should go at this stage of my life. Retirement is about finding things to do with you time and Farmtown was a good way to spend my mornings. For $200 per year I am sure I can find another game that will keep my entertained. Just saying that the developers will lose a lot more than they gain in this new rule. It was my time to spend again and I will not do it any longer. Thanks for the entertainment, but it is time to move onto another venue.
Old Apr 22 2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckerider View Post
Ok so now the rules have changed again regarding cash items. I knew it was coming when you halted the sending about a week ago. I guess I can understand that it is a business and required money to operate, but when I see there are 2.6 million likes for this game and even is half of those people play and again and then 25% of those players spent $50.00 every three months (like I do), it give the owners $65,000,000 per year earnings. WOW. Now try and convince me that you need to get MORE money from the players who have been doing this game for a very long time. Customer service should be your main priority, but apparently getting more cash overrules that.

This latest rule is purely a money grab, and because I have been debating over the last year about keeping doing this game, I have to make the decision as to what I am willing to give the developers. They make us spend real cash for any item that helps us do this game to our benefit, and then they will not give us real cash back if we decide to sell the time. I have spent $50.00 every 3 months x 4 x 4 years = $800 on this game. I am thinking if all of us keep on giving and then we get back very little, it is not worth my time and effort any longer.

I always justified the spending by thinking I used to spend a lot more hours a day on the game and these items have saved me a lot of time. But, now that I think of it, there is a lot of games or TV channels the I could buy for a lot less than $200 per year and I would be just as happy. Time to rethink where my entertainment dollars should go at this stage of my life. Retirement is about finding things to do with you time and Farmtown was a good way to spend my mornings. For $200 per year I am sure I can find another game that will keep my entertained. Just saying that the developers will lose a lot more than they gain in this new rule. It was my time to spend again and I will not do it any longer. Thanks for the entertainment, but it is time to move onto another venue.
I respect the varied opinions of any player who takes the time to post and express that opinion.

Here is mine....

The concern the developers have - IMHO - is to curtail cheaters. I define cheaters, in this particular issue, as those who are or who have taken advantage of ways to get FC to buy items which many other players have.

Granted, the "need" for the advanced tools is necessary to play for faster, bigger, more productive results. I can't imagine H/P/S on a 40x40 farm that is 9x staggered with the original tools.

I don't believe the $65 million scenario either. I don't know what it takes to maintain the game servers, and bandwidth etc..... but it works.

So, assuming the game will be around for many years to come, I advise some to just play for the "free" FC/levels and other minor FREE FC bonus awards.

As to the 2.6M Likes... that is an accumulation over many years. There are probably only 10-20% of that number who are active, and perhaps only 25-50% of those play regularly.

I spend a LOT of FC every month, and will continue to do so..... not to support a developer, but to enjoy the game my way. And with problems with FB, I have had to use some one else's account to use a gift card to purchase more FC, or wait for FB to drop off used gift cards....Oh well, the things we do to play.

Old Apr 22 2016, 04:59 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

ok, this has taught me be very careful when loading the last products in facilities for normal quests.. started them in 1 facility, and now have found that the product started in every single facility of the same name.. which is annoying to say the least..and with people arriving to do the NCC facilities, I only hope they don't clear out those normal quest facilities before the quest item has finished production.. time will tell as I have to leave and go to work..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 22 2016, 05:59 PM

Question

I would like to ask if the NEW FC rules are applying to ONLY those people that are sending FC or FC Gifts to Friends or Neighbors in the game. Does this NEW rule affect those that only spend FC on their OWN farms?

I think the developers do need to go after those that are cheating an have been for several years that I have seen an come across myself. Such as the auto clickers, bots, an multiple accts to gain more than someone else. It is bad enough they are allowing the x9 farms now which makes it very difficult to work on for non newer computers or/an full size farms. It isn't necessary to do all that to play this game.

Aren't there any honest people playing this game anymore?
Old Apr 22 2016, 06:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
I would like to ask if the NEW FC rules are applying to ONLY those people that are sending FC or FC Gifts to Friends or Neighbors in the game. Does this NEW rule affect those that only spend FC on their OWN farms?

I think the developers do need to go after those that are cheating an have been for several years that I have seen an come across myself. Such as the auto clickers, bots, an multiple accts to gain more than someone else. It is bad enough they are allowing the x9 farms now which makes it very difficult to work on for non newer computers or/an full size farms. It isn't necessary to do all that to play this game.

Aren't there any honest people playing this game anymore?
Hi Lollipopthebunny,
Those rules only apply to sending the farm cash cards or farm cash purchased item in the store that you send to someone else.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 22 2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Lollipopthebunny,
Those rules only apply to sending the farm cash cards or farm cash purchased item in the store that you send to someone else.
Thanks for clarifying this. I thought that was the way it is, so not sure why everyone is all upset about all of it. I myself can barely afford to buy the FC for my own use an not lucky enough to send to others.

I do think that there is a situation that needs to be considered to allow for this to NOT happen an that is a person that anonymously sends FC or FC Gifts to a specified number of players an not sure if it is specific amounts of time in between or on a sporadic basis that something such as this could be 'excused' for the rules to apply. They are helping people at random an not a specific person/s each time. Maybe the developers could consider something like that for that situation if the Person doing it contacted them an gave them the details of what they are doing an why etc.
Old Apr 22 2016, 08:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
Thanks for clarifying this. I thought that was the way it is, so not sure why everyone is all upset about all of it. I myself can barely afford to buy the FC for my own use an not lucky enough to send to others.

I do think that there is a situation that needs to be considered to allow for this to NOT happen an that is a person that anonymously sends FC or FC Gifts to a specified number of players an not sure if it is specific amounts of time in between or on a sporadic basis that something such as this could be 'excused' for the rules to apply. They are helping people at random an not a specific person/s each time. Maybe the developers could consider something like that for that situation if the Person doing it contacted them an gave them the details of what they are doing an why etc.
Hi lollipopthebunny,
The only players you can send farm cash gifts or items to are your neighbors or buddies. There isn't any way for a player to send farm cash to anyone anonymously.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread