Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 05 2010, 05:49 PM

Why do you think we need the pop up messages to randomly visit neighbors, even if we are planting? What is wrong with people just reading the rules?
Old Jan 05 2010, 07:49 PM

181 comments mostly complaints - is that not enough?

Back on server 54 - slower than it has ever been.

Developers/Moderators - please address this. Give us feedback. Is someone working on it? Do I need a new computer? More memory? Higher speed for Internet? Cause I've done everything else recommended which has not helped.

My avatar goes fast. I even get in my own way. Person who hires me says they can see how fast the avatar moves. So it has to be the calculation at the server - which was not a problem before the infamous upgrade.

Talk to us!
Old Jan 05 2010, 08:52 PM
Account Not Linked

I do not think they are listening ... or maybe they do not care. I wonder why a SlashKey Employee doesn't come in here and talk ...
Old Jan 05 2010, 09:55 PM

i think they listen very well (to problems) and react very quickly... good work... as for suggestions to additions (to game and forum)... a little slow, but i expect after glitches are worked out, new features will be added...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Kim
Old Jan 05 2010, 10:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up

Quote:
i think they listen very well (to problems) and react very quickly... good work... as for suggestions to additions (to game and forum)... a little slow, but i expect after glitches are worked out, new features will be added...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Kim
FINALLY, one GOOD, HAPPY, GRATEFUL comment from someone. I know there have been others, but the negative responses outweigh the positive. Cheers Kim, Good on ya.
Old Jan 05 2010, 11:33 PM

It runs on and off, some times when hiring people to harvest and plant it runs fast and then the next day it will run very slow like today. It took well over 5 minutes for the game to catch up to the person who plowed. Seems worse on plowing than on harvesting. The plots will show cross hatched with a % in the middle of them like they do when I'm planting. If the person plowing leaves before the game processes it, it stops at the point they left and never finshes.
Old Jan 05 2010, 11:42 PM

Wink Clearing Flash Cache

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
the browser I know how to clear but thank you perhaps that will assist others. very kind of you.. I was wondering if i had misread and there was something to clearing the Flash that it the program has a cache .....
Go to this website:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Allow it to load and click on the delete all sites button. That will clean out your flash player.
Old Jan 06 2010, 12:05 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG57 View Post
I do not think they are listening ... or maybe they do not care. I wonder why a SlashKey Employee doesn't come in here and talk ...
I'm thinking at this point that the issue of some people not receiving points has been addressed by just making such a cluster that no one knows what is going on.

The OP says we will not SEE "Already Done". It does NOT say it won't happen; just that we won't SEE it. On multiple hire farms, with all the slash marks and people roaming and coin counts floating in the ether, there is absolutely no way to determine if we have been paid or what did or did not pay. Complete chaos. So, no one is complaining about not getting points any more, are they.
Old Jan 06 2010, 05:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOTSROCK View Post
this is crazy .. will get coin counts flying all around me while harvesting.. THEN BAM get nothing at all... i sit and wait and hit save...and wait and wait... then a few coins will start to fly and catch up with me...

I start to harvest again... numbers flying... BAM nothing.. wait / wait / hit save wait somemore... coins then start up again to catch up with me...

I am harvesting slowly .. point click point click... no power clicking ...

facebook...

PLEASE figure out what is going on... this is not fun anymore... my poor neighbors can't even load the game anymore since the ''' UPDATE''''

HELP...
Sometimes you get the "crappy" plow or scythe (the slower than sludge one). Several times it has happened to me. The owner farmer has rehired me and the fast plow and scythe return.

It seems to be some sort of glitch.
Old Jan 06 2010, 07:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Please can something be done about the slow saving of coins and xps - it seems to be a prob for many who visit this forum and I know, having recently chatted to others who don't visit/use the forum that its not just the few here that have the same problem!

It wouldn't be so bad if everyone was in the same boat but we're not! I was experimenting with two plowers on my farm this morning and the one who is on the same server as me, WF25, moved and saved as quickly as she clicked on squares so she finished everything at the same time - the other did the same thing as i do when being hired - avatar miles behind quickly crossed out squares - painful collection of xps and coins - unable to move/work til collected.NB - If I go to harvest/plow to my neighbour who is on the same server I still have the same problems - and I have the same experience whoever I work for and group work is just impossible - my feet are in a bucket of cement and i am always the last to finish/change/leave

I follow this forum regularly so I know about all the suggestions and do clean caches endlessly; have Mozilla set to clear on quitting; use CCLeaner and have done the Adobe things suggested. (Even updated all drivers). Thank goodness i don't (yet) get the "time out" and some things have improved in the last week (already done for one) BUT

Like raynorcp says - if only someone would give us a clue as to why the playing field is still so different for players? Is it something I can correct or is it down to the game devs - in other words do i need to sort hardware or the internet connection OR should i be patient for the dev to complete their work? please just tell us! %(

Last edited by Patsy Anne; Jan 06 2010 at 07:46 AM.
Closed Thread